The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Cannot make BUG-REPORTS on my Platform of Choice --FIXED--

(NSW)Probably_Asleep

I'm a Nintendo Switch player. I have been since Day 1, and I've never even downloaded the PC version of the game. When accessing this forum, I use my Nintendo Account to authenticate. When I created a PC account for Cross-Save, I chose my Nintendo Switch account as the main.

Game logins, forum logins, Companion App logins, play hours, purchases, and forum history. I am a Nintendo Switch player by every conceivable metric. But the Forum still labels me as a PC Player. It's 99.99% wrong. (I'm giving 0.01% for the singular, never-to-be-repeated event where I logged into the PC account during the Cross-Save migration)

This would be just annoying (and is in most cases). I like playing on the Switch and feel like it grants certain bragging rights (because it's an unintended "hard mode"). So typically I just find this discrepancy annoying solely due to my pride and brand loyalty. I recognize that those are mere sentiments which hold no practical significance, so I've held my tongue for the most part.

But now there is a practical deficit. I just tried to submit a Bug-Report for a Nintendo Switch issue and the website will not let me. I can't start a new post, nor can I comment on other players' posts. I'm completely locked out of the Platform-Specific Bug Reports section. One of two things needs to happen:

• The website should allow players of all platforms to submit threads/replies in all non-archived subforums
  • Player account platforms should be synced to their main account rather than PC by default

Until this is fixed I will not be able to complain about Switch bugs. Please listen to my complaints (so that I can submit even more complaints), thank you.

EDIT: Thanks to @Tiltskillet's reply, the issue turned out to be a simple fix. I apologize to DE for complaining over something they already have a provision for.

Edited by (NSW)Probably_Asleep

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Seems like a support issue, since you're clearly flagged as "PC Member" right under your avatar.  You might be able to change this yourself starting here:  https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us/articles/28118689192333-Forums-Account-Profile-Switching 

If that doesn't work I'd suggest contacting support.

Solid advice, thanks! I'll try it out and if it works then I'll edit the post.

• (NSW)Probably_Asleep changed the title to Cannot make BUG-REPORTS on my Platform of Choice --FIXED--
6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Seems like a support issue, since you're clearly flagged as "PC Member" right under your avatar.  You might be able to change this yourself starting here:  https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us/articles/28118689192333-Forums-Account-Profile-Switching 

If that doesn't work I'd suggest contacting support.

It worked! I can post on the Nintendo Bugs subforum AND my user shows the right platform now. It's entirely my fault for assuming there was no solution without even checking. Thanks DE for thinking ahead and sorry I doubted you...

• Like 1