Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR0 on netracell... never judge abook on the cover

Kersissa

2 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

I’m not sure I follow the point you’re making. Is sticking to Trinity a… good thing?

Well, the goal of EDA seems to be forcing people out of their comfort in playing a randomized set of gear with extremely harmful modifiers, but the nature of being able to have one option in the loadout and still get the meaningful rewards allows me to just default to a single Warframe every time.

I imagine I'm like most people who did the full research one week for the cosmetic and hasn't bothered since. Even when I got Trinity as an option, I took it as an opportunity to not use a very harmful modifier than getting a trivial amount of vosfor.

I might be able to default to Excalibur now in my current min-maxed build, but the energy vamp setup is just too useful in the mode. DE at least won in that regard.

14 minutes ago, Agall said:

Well, the goal of EDA seems to be forcing people out of their comfort in playing a randomized set of gear with extremely harmful modifiers, but the nature of being able to have one option in the loadout and still get the meaningful rewards allows me to just default to a single Warframe every time.

I imagine I'm like most people who did the full research one week for the cosmetic and hasn't bothered since. Even when I got Trinity as an option, I took it as an opportunity to not use a very harmful modifier than getting a trivial amount of vosfor.

I might be able to default to Excalibur now in my current min-maxed build, but the energy vamp setup is just too useful in the mode. DE at least won in that regard.

Ah, so you were referring to the thing I mentioned about only rarely if ever being forced out of one’s comfort zone and thus not having to learn or practice game mechanics unless one actively goes searching for those situations. I think I get it now

edit: Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing more things like Duviri’s randomiser across the game, though the “randomise loadout” option does an okay job of emulating it

Edited by Merkranire
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

Ah, so you were referring to the thing I mentioned about only rarely if ever being forced out of one’s comfort zone and thus not having to learn or practice game mechanics unless one actively goes searching for those situations.

Precisely, as in you're not guaranteed to be 'good' at the game or know how all Warframes work even if you've played the game for 11 years and are LR4 with >100% completion.

I can say with certainty though, I'm extremely good at Excalibur in any variety you can think of 😄. But could I list off more than like 5 Warframes on what their kit has? Probably not. I do know most of what they provide to the Helminth though.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-18 at 11:23 PM, Agall said:

Its usually confused with knowledge, since there's a ton to know about this game. Towards the upper end of content, that becomes important and can be a drag on the team.

An example of this is how I discovered /unstuck today after having accumulated 2000+ mission hours and 1000+ hours chatting in region and help.

Edited by Revenant0713

5 minutes ago, Agall said:

Precisely, as in you're not guaranteed to be 'good' at the game or know how all Warframes work even if you've played the game for 11 years and are LR4 with >100% completion.

I can say with certainty though, I'm extremely good at Excalibur in any variety you can think of 😄. But could I list off more than like 5 Warframes on what their kit has? Probably not. I do know most of what they provide to the Helminth though.

That’s fair. It’s nice to hear that you’re well versed in Excalibur across a range of builds, loadouts, and content. Even when people say they know a frame or weapon or whatever, it’s often utilising like one build and/or loadout and may even be limited to one mission type, which isn’t exactly extensive since different builds can intertwine with other builds on their other pieces of gear in different ways, require different playing considerations in different content, and have different just-right level ranges where they’re not too weak and not too strong.

And that’s just with one loadout and the different builds someone can make across the components, so it’s safe to say there’s a lot to learn that involves both knowledge and skill and that MR isn’t necessarily a measure of someone’s going out of their way to really learn things

On 2024-09-19 at 1:51 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

I mean... since all that MR actually offers is a way to speed up the grind in specific, limited and non-power-creep ways... why are you MR0?

The guy that only ever used Mag and reached MR30 from everything else in the game (apart from the one quest where you are forced to use a different frame), that guy had a real idea for a challenge.

MR0 players are just... being weird. It has absolutely no benefits, you grind slower than literally everyone else in the game, and you don't even get the convenience of being able to put a proper amount of mods on your weapons/frames before you level them.

Bragging rights go to people who do real challenges, like the guy who did the K-Driven achievement in one game session. Or similar actual Achievements.

One day I hope to join the modless solo steel path limbo challenge completers.

40 minutes ago, Agall said:

I never did less than 7/7. 70 vosfor per week is 3600+ per year. With a major dose of hopium that's at least one arcane energize

3 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

And that’s just with one loadout and the different builds someone can make across the components, so it’s safe to say there’s a lot to learn that involves both knowledge and skill and that MR isn’t necessarily a measure of someone’s going out of their way to really learn things

Personally, I only got to 100% completion because it was something to do. It involved a lot of EDA where I'd only mod the Warframes enough to prevent them from dying. The only times I actually have to learn a Warframe is during Circuit, if I'm willingly jumping into it without one of the few Warframes I actually have builds for and know quite well. One example being Protea, who's turret things do pretty good in Circuit that I modded around min-maxing for that reason alone.

The goal at this point in the game would be to have circuit capable builds for every Warframe, or at least 25% of them. That would involve me running out of other content, which hasn't happened yet, and likely won't if DE keeps forcing me to re-do my Excalibur build every patch.

4 minutes ago, Karyst said:

I never did less than 7/7. 70 vosfor per week is 3600+ per year. With a major dose of hopium that's at least one arcane energize

A lot of effort for a trivial amount of platinum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Agall said:

Personally, I only got to 100% completion because it was something to do. It involved a lot of EDA where I'd only mod the Warframes enough to prevent them from dying. The only times I actually have to learn a Warframe is during Circuit, if I'm willingly jumping into it without one of the few Warframes I actually have builds for and know quite well. One example being Protea, who's turret things do pretty good in Circuit that I modded around min-maxing for that reason alone.

The goal at this point in the game would be to have circuit capable builds for every Warframe, or at least 25% of them. That would involve me running out of other content, which hasn't happened yet, and likely won't if DE keeps forcing me to re-do my Excalibur build every patch.

A lot of effort for a trivial amount of platinum.

100% completion of what?

11 minutes ago, Revenant0713 said:

An example of this is how I discovered /unstuck today after having accumulated 2000+ mission hours and 1000+ hours chatting in region and help.

That makes me unreasonably happy to hear

Just now, Karyst said:

100% completion of what?

100% equipment completion. I'm missing Plague Keewar at least until Nights of Naberus, but because I have Prime, it puts me technically at 100.2% completion or so.

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

That makes me unreasonably happy to hear

100% equipment completion. I'm missing Plague Keewar at least until Nights of Naberus, but because I have Prime, it puts me technically at 100.2% completion or so.

Rather, you have not reached 100% completion.

1 minute ago, Agall said:

I’ll eventually 100% everything as well just by dint of experimenting and playing around with all sorts of builds and equipment. I’ll actually be a little sad when I own every weapon and Warframe and they’re all leveled and forma’d enough to allow them to go decently far while maintaining build flexibility (instead of just crammed with Forma at cost to build flexibility); it’s kind of nice to have an endless sense of progression just from playing.

That said, there’s all the possible builds to make and play around with, seeing how the dynamic across my gear shifts according to what I’ve brought, how it’s built, and what content I’m doing, so there’s the goal of getting every single mod and arcane and whatever to customise my gear and gameplay with (the enjoyment was diminished after DE removed a large sense of building my gear to fulfill roles after they dumbed the damage types system down too much in an attempt to get uninterested players to engage with it). And then after all that, there’s just “Doing a thing because it’s fun and I can’t do it in other games”, so that’s kind of endless.

Just now, Karyst said:

Rather, you have not reached 100% completion.

See I'm special because I gave DE $50 11 years ago, so I get an extra 6000 mastery points and if you do some math, its >100% based on MR, so it counts in my eyes. Could also just look at total equipment number which is 747 (ignore the 747/748 part because it doesn't fit my narrative).

Just now, Merkranire said:

I’ll eventually 100% everything as well just by dint of experimenting and playing around with all sorts of builds and equipment. I’ll actually be a little sad when I own every weapon and Warframe and they’re all leveled and forma’d enough to allow them to go decently far while maintaining build flexibility (instead of just crammed with Forma at cost to build flexibility); it’s kind of nice to have an endless sense of progression just from playing.

That said, there’s all the possible builds to make and play around with, seeing how the dynamic across my gear shifts according to what I’ve brought, how it’s built, and what content I’m doing, so there’s the goal of getting every single mod and arcane and whatever to customise my gear and gameplay with (the enjoyment was diminished after DE removed a large sense of building my gear to fulfill roles after they dumbed the damage types system down too much in an attempt to get uninterested players to engage with it). And then after all that, there’s just “Doing a thing because it’s fun and I can’t do it in other games”, so that’s kind of endless.

The best part about the way I play the game, using a starter frame with a nearly equivalent version that's a free quest reward, is that if someone REALLY wanted to, they could MR2 all the content in the game going from Excalibur to Excalibur Umbra. That could be as low as 18k mastery points in total, including going from Skana to Skiajati.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Agall said:

See I'm special because I gave DE $50 11 years ago, so I get an extra 6000 mastery points and if you do some math, its >100% based on MR, so it counts in my eyes. Could also just look at total equipment number which is 747 (ignore the 747/748 part because it doesn't fit my narrative).

Do you at least have something special like 8/8 vulphapyla?

11 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

MR is the easiest part of the farm. Then there is cosmetics, the mod collection, and then you know, the Codex, which are together probably 10 times longer to farm up.

The Void Trader Inaros helmet is the true end game.

1 minute ago, Karyst said:

Do you at least have something special like 8/8 vulphapyla?

I don't even know what that means, never used a vulphapyla outside of getting the MR in EDA. Using different mutagen combos or something?

8 minutes ago, Agall said:

The best part about the way I play the game, using a starter frame with a nearly equivalent version that's a free quest reward, is that if someone REALLY wanted to, they could MR2 all the content in the game going from Excalibur to Excalibur Umbra. That could be as low as 18k mastery points in total, including going from Skana to Skiajati.

Opening up more of the game for less time and resource (though mostly time) investment was one of the reasons I actually tried to figure the game out in the first place; having to figure out how to keep myself offset higher than the content I was doing, especially as I started doing higher-level content, just ended up being a slog of a grind

And nowadays, I just take whatever I want wherever I can and often feel like I’m playing a proper third person shooter since I’m not consistently trying to offset myself (though it can be fun in moderation), opening up options for use while reducing things like forma investment or reliance on specific mods or equipment to comfortably just play the game. So I can respect the idea you’re positing; it’s much nicer when some Lich weapon is an option instead of a requirement

Edited by Merkranire

7 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

And nowadays, I just take whatever I want wherever I can and often feel like I’m playing a proper third person shooter since I’m not consistently trying to offset myself (though it can be fun in moderation), opening up options for use while reducing things like forma investment or reliance on specific mods or equipment to comfortably just play the game. So I can respect the idea you’re positing; it’s much nicer when some Lich weapon is an option instead of a requirement

I've always looked at MR as QoL. There was a long time I was relatively low MR because I simply didn't bother crafting anything, even while doing the content to get the parts and materials. My most used being kind of crazy, since I spent a long time running a Sepfahn Nikana Zaw and the Daikyu amalgam mod. My most used secondary hasn't changed since the beta, being Kunai. That Zaw build being a [Surging Dash] Naramon setup with [Exodia Contagion].

Unless someone's going for 100% completion, I see no reason to not entirely ignore K-Drives all together for QoL 😄. Really, I think the QoL upgrades with MR stops at MR30 unless you're going for 100% completion.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Agall said:

The Void Trader Inaros helmet is the true end game.

I don't even know what that means, never used a vulphapyla outside of getting the MR in EDA. Using different mutagen combos or something?

Do you have all the incarnons at least?

il y a 2 minutes, Agall a dit :

Those don't give you mastery points so clearly they don't matter. 

If 90% of the game doesn't matter to you, then obviously, it's easy to 100% the 10% remaining of your choice :D

Reaching and doing EDA at MR0 seems to me much more a challenging feat (even if completely useless) than getting LR4 by buying its way in and getting carried only in ESO for XP.

(Note : I'm not saying you did, but I know some people do).

And again, I think MR is only the surface of what's the game has to offer, compared to knowledge and grind.

48 minutes ago, Agall said:

I've always looked at MR as QoL. There was a long time I was relatively low MR because I simply didn't bother crafting anything, even while doing the content to get the parts and materials. My most used being kind of crazy, since I spent a long time running a Sepfahn Nikana Zaw and the Daikyu amalgam mod. My most used secondary hasn't changed since the beta, being Kunai. That Zaw build being a [Surging Dash] Naramon setup with [Exodia Contagion].

Unless someone's going for 100% completion, I see no reason to not entirely ignore K-Drives all together for QoL 😄. Really, I think the QoL upgrades with MR stops at MR30 unless you're going for 100% completion.

I sat at roughly MR 8 for ages, though that was more because I was like “I’m going to use one set of weapons and one Warframe for everything”. I “mained” Nyx for ages and focused on just living in the highest-level builds I could make (this was before SP, so I think 100 was considered the designed end of the game?), which gave me over a hundred hours of goals to complete, but over time I started to get a little bored of how the missions played out in much the same way, merging into a blur of undefeated “Mission complete” screens while I repeatedly pulled the slot machine lever as efficiently as I could for things I either never used or only grudgingly used for as short a time as I could get away with and still max them before returning to the one loadout; it got so bad that, once, the most exciting thing to happen was when a row of 5 lockers all spawned unlocked. Whoa!  🤯 

I was convinced there was more to the game though and started branching out with actual intent to try something different, and lo-and-behold, it felt like there was a whole other side to the game. The Argonak, Lato, Heat Dagger, and Nyx remain my most used, but I’ve definitely expanded my arsenal and my MR intrinsically started climbing because of it, with no real need for me to chase the ever higher number since they practically fall into my lap while playing.

Thinking about it, I remember MR holding a slightly weird interpretation for me when I was starting out. We don’t really have levels that work like a standard MMO where we can tell at a glance what level we are and what level enemies we should be facing, Rank is much more about the capacity for whatever mods than any actual stat increases. MR was kind of a level system but also kind of not. Was weird, though nowadays I feel like I get what they were going for

Edited by Merkranire

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

If 90% of the game doesn't matter to you, then obviously, it's easy to 100% the 10% remaining of your choice :D

Reaching and doing EDA at MR0 seems to me much more a challenging feat (even if completely useless) than getting LR4 by buying its way in and getting carried only in ESO for XP.

(Note : I'm not saying you did, but I know some people do).

And again, I think MR is only the surface of what's the game has to offer, compared to knowledge and grind.

Give us some names of those who got carried in ESO