Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR0 on netracell... never judge abook on the cover

Kersissa

2 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

So I’ve got a different build to what you’re using; it does the job and gives me the gameplay I’m looking for, is made of components that I’ve earned and want to use, and is capable of doing the mission.

As I’m the one who’s been banging on about skill, I now hand you that build, Mr “I can do them on speed nova”. What happens?

I have plenty of builds that can do netracels. I still dont get what is your point? Skill doesnt matter when you have the gear. Im not good at the game and i still can do this. So again whats your point? Should i start removing mods to get your gameplay even when i dont want it?

1 minute ago, MrInubis said:

I have plenty of builds that can do netracels. I still dont get what is your point? Skill doesnt matter when you have the gear. Im not good at the game and i still can do this. So again whats your point? Should i start removing mods to get your gameplay even when i dont want it?

You don’t need to anything. Not unless you jump into a multiplayer game with me without an invite, or you want to act like there’s no other way to build or play like you do

8 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

You don’t need to anything. Not unless you jump into a multiplayer game with me without an invite, or you want to act like there’s no other way to build or play like you do

Its you that try to enforce your idea of fun on others, not me. If you play public game you have no right to tell other how to play. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

Its you that try to enforce your idea of fun on others, not me. If you play public game you have no right to tell other how to play. 

Oh but I can have an expectation of common courtesy.

I welcome all sorts, you don’t even have to be good and I’ll pick you up as many times as it takes.

But you don’t know how to share. So when you join my multiplayer game, open for different people with different builds, I’d prefer if you leave 

Edited by Merkranire

2 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

Oh but I can have an expectation of common courtesy.

I welcome all sorts, you don’t even have to be good and I’ll pick you up as many times as it takes.

But you don’t know how to share. So when you join my multiplayer game, open for different people with different builds, I’d prefer if you leave 

If its public its not yours, end of story.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Dude, I’m not saying you can’t do netracels. I’m pretty sure if you gave that same build to my dead grandma, she can do them too, while I’m taking that same build even higher

He sounds like someone who bought an account.

43 minutes ago, Karyst said:

Point where i was wrong. Where in the game individual skill matters when you blow up everything within seconds. Where does it matter when you can recover any dmg taken by 1 cast. How is it relevant with shield gating and overguard spamming? You literally have to actively avoid being op. 90% of the game is like that. It doesnt matter what you take, if you build it correctly it will carry even the biggest Muppet of a player. Is it wrong for some players to look for such challenge? Hell no, but dont lie to yourself that your skill is more important than op gear you can bring.

Edited by MrInubis

5 hours ago, Karyst said:

I’m not bothered by that; that was his choice if indeed that was the case. It could even be L4 and I’d be a little jealous, and I’m MR26…ish(?), since he’s got access to the range of options L4 implies as having (unless he did something like sell everything until he was back to basics). And whether he even uses any of it aside from a select few, “you do you” I’d say, “Mind giving me whatever’s tradeable that you’re not using/don’t know how to use?”

It’s not until he actually interacts with me, jumping into a non-levelcap multiplayer mission with gear built for level cap, banging on about how skill doesn’t matter while I’m facepalming and turning to MR 0 to ask if they just want to bounce and regroup since things were going fine until L4 showed up and started hogging the mission and doesn’t seem keen on buggering off; that’s when we’ll have problems

4 hours ago, MrDugan said:

Why are so many of you arrogant enough to think you actually have the authority to talk to other people like this?  

When the dude is talking about things they, by their own admission, do not know anything about, I feel empowered to tell them to stop talking like they know what they’re talking about

You want me to be nicer about it?

Edited by Merkranire
  • Like 1

I'm sure you are very skilled and could do well in such high level missions, however an MR0 player that wouldn't die instantly in that type of mission is so rare as to be barely exist, and remaining MR0 despite having played for a long time equally so. So they simply don't want to take that risk, considering dying in higher level mission sometimes means you will have to redo the whole thing or team mates will have to do a lot of work which could otherwise be used to finish the mission/farm to revive you (in arbitrations for instance), might risk dying themselves, or simply be left with one less player to help with the mission. They just don't know you, which makes it risky.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Merkranire said:

When the dude is talking about things they, by their own admission, do not know anything about, I feel empowered to tell them to stop talking like they know what they’re talking about

You want me to be nicer about it?

Dude you literally tell others how to play the game. The only one to shut up should be you.

7 hours ago, MrInubis said:

Dude you literally tell others how to play the game. The only one to shut up should be you.

What do you read when I say “If you want to know what you’re talking about, try it”, and when you clearly aren’t interested in learning, I say “You do you” (which Dugan’s quote seems to omit), going so far as to, very early, say that I engage in a similar playstyle as you every so often?

You read it as “You must play the game this way all the time, abandon your playstyle and never go back”, do you?

Edited by Merkranire

43 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

What do you read when I say “If you want to know what you’re talking about, try it”, and when you clearly aren’t interested in learning, I say “You do you” (which Dugan’s quote seems to omit), going so far as to, very early, say that I engage in a similar playstyle as you every so often?

You read it as “You must play the game this way all the time, abandon your playstyle and never go back”, do you?

Because thats not what this game is about. Warframe is all about being op and killing hordes of monsters. There is close to non skill involved, everything is bypassed by gear. You are arguing that skill matters but in order for it to matter i need to remove half of my mods, use weaker versions of weapons, not use any consumables, not use arcanes and many more things. You insist that it is important completely disregarding that you play this game like its something else than power fantasy. You didnt say "you do you", you got offended that i dont see warframe as a game where individual skill matter when play the intended way. Actively avoiding strong gear is not intended way. Even your example of skill based gameplay was countered by in game mechanic. Yet you still insist that you know better how to play the game. Who is more skilled a dude that runs in guns blazing to do spy mission, triggering all alarms and getting it done, or a dude that take Ivara and just walks in?

Edited by MrInubis

15 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

Because thats not what this game is about. Warframe is all about being op and killing hordes of monsters. There is close to non skill involved, everything is bypassed by gear. You are arguing that skill matters but in order for it to matter i need to remove half of my mods, use weaker versions of weapons, not use any consumables, not use arcanes and many more things. You insist that it is important completely disregarding that you play this game like its something else than power fantasy. You didnt say "you do you", you got offended that i dont see warframe as a game where individual skill matter when play the intended way. Actively avoiding strong gear is not intended way.

I get frustrated because you insist on using a few things that will never require much skill so long as you keep taking them from the level of content they’re built for to the level of content meant for something else. You aren’t offending me, you’re blowing my mind with how ignorant you are about other options, and other options is this game’s bread and butter and when you utilise the full breadth of this game you eventually will get killed if you can’t play, not that you would know anything about that, but an MR0 would have a better idea of what the game would require to stop them from dying because they’re forced into fewer options, missing such options as ones that let them build higher than Netracels

I don’t care whether you use them, but my god, do you seriously think I’m saying the only ways you can build and play aside from what you do is to leave giant gaps in your modslots and capacity and Arcanes? That sounds nuts, so nuts as to be a pretty piss-poor leg to stand on when arguing for doing something different to what you do

Edited by Merkranire
incorrect phrasing

I don't know what the point of this thread was other than just getting people to argue about whether MR matters or not.

If it doesn't matter, maybe it shouldn't display the number next to everyone's name in missions. I don't really care what rank someone is as long as they are playing and being helpful.

Come to think of it, maybe replacing the usernames with the frame they're using (i.e. "Saryn joined squad") would save a lot of time too.

il y a 2 minutes, Quest a dit :

as long as they are playing and being helpful.

That's where Mastery Rank is supposed to help identify the experience of a player ; and if he is going to be a good asset to the team or plainly get carried.

il y a 4 minutes, Quest a dit :

Come to think of it, maybe replacing the usernames with the frame they're using (i.e. "Saryn joined squad") would save a lot of time too.

Definitely, name (and pet names), and profile icons are irrelevant to the mission.

• Like 1

Just now, dwqrf said:

That's where Mastery Rank is supposed to help identify the experience of a player ; and if he is going to be a good asset to the team or plainly get carried.

Yep, but in practice it doesn't seem to lean one way or the other.

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

Definitely, name (and pet names), and profile icons are irrelevant to the mission.

Yeah, the custom pet names should only show for the owner, and it should use what it actually is ("Panzer Vulpaphyla is down") for everybody else.

il y a 3 minutes, Quest a dit :

Yep, but in practice it doesn't seem to lean one way or the other.

But it should, it used too ; and most of the time, it still does. Unless of course, we are talking about a smurf like in the present case, which is hiding his real MR by playing another account in the name of challenge, flex, or what not.

Generally, a MR0 is less able to play well any Warframe gamemodes than a LR4, by a lack of gear or experience, or generally, both.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

get frustrated because you insist on using a few things that will never require much skill so long as you keep taking them from the level of content they’re built for to the level of content meant for something else. You aren’t offending me, you’re blowing my mind with how ignorant you are about other options, and other options is this game’s bread and butter and when you utilise the full breadth of this game you eventually will get killed if you can’t play, not that you would know anything about that, but an MR0 would have a better idea of what the game would require to stop them from dying because they’re forced into fewer options, missing such options as ones that let them build higher than Netracels

I have tons of things I use and all of them are equaly OP. Options are there for you to pick what you like, for progress and to pick the best tools for given task. Intentionally making yourself weaker is YOUR choice, not how the game is suposed to be played. MR0 doesnt face anything that requires more skill from him, ever. Him playing better is not relevant one bit. It doesnt matter how well you hit headshots if everything dies wherever you hit it. Thats how warframe just is. You try to play this game as it would be Mass Effects, cool, good for you but dont try to bend reality here by saying that skill can offset the difference in gear and expierience. It doesnt matter how good you are with your grakata when I can bring Phenmor.

Edited by MrInubis