The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Old Events - Reprise or Retell

Uncertain what tag to utilize for best visibility on the issue.

But there is a lot of lore, quest snippets, verbal banter, etc, that gets lost after a time-limited event is gone.
While the resources make sense to be limited (and are almost always an item that returns), the bigger loss is old community events.
Sling Stone, Arid Fear.
Gradivus Dilemma.
The Hunt for Alad V.
Cicero Crisis.
Oxium Espionage.
Tethra's Doom.
Breeding Grounds.
Ambulas Reborn.
Scarlet Spear.
Gargoyle's Cry. Belly of the Beast.

A bunch of these older events that progressed the story of the world aren't really picked up or explained - the voice lines said during them, the explanations and motivations, are lost to time. While I understand bringing back the Cicero Crisis event itself doesn't make sense, using the Sab mission on earth with additional flags and triggers that explains that Vay Hek is trying to purge the greenery, and giving more of those old voice lines some prominence.
Most recent in Memory is Belly of the Beast - a number of Parvos and Ordis lines simply aren't said in the current iteration of the Ascension Game Mode, leaving some story unreachable.
I'd love to see these pieces of story folded back into the content expression, tucked back neatly into the rest of the game, to help show that this world "has" changed - and will continue to change - by way of our influence on Sol. That The Tenno have long been a force to feared.

• Like 3

Yesss, ive been saying this for a while- There's alot of details, and cool stuff that could be used again.

Scarlett Spear and Orphix Venom especially built hype for the New War with some context building up to the war.

Also, belly of the beast had some great setup for Parvos, plus the Ordis lines are fantastic.

Edited by Lightning_Bloom

One of the biggest reasons I've played WF for so long and will continue to play is the lore. When all of these events were up I haven't played the game yet, so when I did start playing WF and readling up the lore like a uni final I was so crushed to find out that I missed out on these event. I would kill to replay these lore events even if they gave barely any rewards. Also I think this would be a great way to turn these events into quests to fully flush out the lore of WF, as well as even old nightwave stories.

• Like 1