The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would a negative statues duration Riven be bad for Argo & Vel?

Vaffle-Fox

Question

I've been working on a Argo & Vel build for a lil bit now and I'm not sure I want to pick up this riven I saw.
It's roll is

+45.1%Fire Rate / Attack Speed

+155.5%Critical Chance

+82.2%Critical Damage

-71%Status Duration

Which the other things seem nice to be honest because with those upsides it should push my build to 245ish crit chance with a 8x crit multiplier, but the negative has me concerned a bit.
Now while I do have condition overload on this build I'm using epitaph as my primer to get Corr, Cold, Rad, & blast as its AOE procs so that add good damage to Argo.
But I'm wondering how badly this would effect the slash and the other element I have going on (Torn between Viral, Corr, and straight heat) Like it shouldnt matter too much right? Seeing as things should be dying real quick so only having 1.74 seconds on a effect isnt too bad

My current mod list is
- Condition Overload
- Blood Rush
- Weeping Wounds
- Gladiator Might
- Organ shatter
- Primed Fevor Strike
- North Wind
- Quickining ( Here is where I want to swap a riven too)

I could swap to Corr or heat if I move things about.
Actually on a side note is going this far with crit chance and damge even worth it or is it overkill?
Maybe for steel path its not idk.

3 answers to this question

Short answer is you've got a good 3 affix riven with one negative.  At the worst you can slot Lasting Sting for Gladiator Might and still be in great shape. 

Longer answer: with your listed build, reduced duration might not be too big a  deal.    Your viral weighting is so high you're not going to get very many bleeds, which is where duration can come more into play on tankier targets.   I think it'll be fine without Lasting Sting, but I'd suggest trying both and seeing what you like better.

By the way, unless you're getting attack speed from somewhere else, I'd consider Gladiator Might more disposable than the  attack speed.  (Although I'd want Berserker Fury instead of Quickening.)

9 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

By the way, unless you're getting attack speed from somewhere else, I'd consider Gladiator Might more disposable than the  attack speed.  (Although I'd want Berserker Fury instead of Quickening.)

I actually dont mind the attack speed I have with quickining even if it isnt the fastest, but I was gonna replace that with the riven since it also has the attack speed.

11 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Short answer is you've got a good 3 affix riven with one negative.  At the worst you can slot Lasting Sting for Gladiator Might and still be in great shape. 

Longer answer: with your listed build, reduced duration might not be too big a  deal.    Your viral weighting is so high you're not going to get very many bleeds, which is where duration can come more into play on tankier targets.   I think it'll be fine without Lasting Sting, but I'd suggest trying both and seeing what you like better.

Okay Thanks, I'll see about tinkering with lasting sting if need be, though I might try doin just heat or Corr and see if that works too.
But yeah thanks for the advice

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vaffle-Fox said:

I actually dont mind the attack speed I have with quickining even if it isnt the fastest, but I was gonna replace that with the riven since it also has the attack speed.

I just think Berserker Fury is more valuable and a lot more fun than Glad Might.  So if I had your riven I'd replace the latter first, and keep BFury if I could.   But slower attack speeds bother me a lot.   If you don't mind or even prefer them, that's the only thing that's important.