The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon hunts can be griefed

warozell

Eidolon hunts on Cetus are fairly difficult, tedious, often buggy, and can only be done during Cetus' night, so it's quite the infuriating experience.

What happened to me now is however even more infuriating. We were fighting an eidolon, roughly 15 minutes in when it was in its last phase (we were damaging its actual health), the host left the group, leaving the 3 of us without a kill, about 3 mins before day started.

Imo it should be changed so that if the host leaves, the eidolon spawned in the new instance should be at the same location, health and shield cycle status as the one before. Same should be done for the lures.

Without it, this is a grief that is simply too easy to perform by the host, and unless you can guarantee that you're the host, there's no way to tell if the actual host will do something like this. This can effectively waste the time and effort for 3 other people.

• Like 1

Leaving the game is not "griefing." The person's power or internet may have gone out, or they may have needed to go do something in real life.

Host migrations suck and I understand being frustrated at that but you are jumping to extreme conclusions assuming this person's intent here.

Edited by Quest
  • Like 3

On 2024-09-23 at 8:24 PM, Quest said:

Leaving the game is not "griefing." The person's power or internet may have gone out, or they may have needed to go do something in real life.

Host migrations suck and I understand being frustrated at that but you are jumping to extreme conclusions assuming this person's intent here.

Yes, I don't know whether the host griefed or not. The issue still stands though, as it can be used for griefing. I'm not trying to report the player, just stating a possible issue that could be exploited, and it'd be nice if it could be fixed