The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Frost Overguard Instantly Disappears

ITatsuo

This post is more of a question than a bug report, I would like to know why the reinforced guard that Frost gains with his Icy Avalanche augment mod disappears instantly after passing through a magnetic field from a Nullifier and also on enemies from disruption missions (those moa-like enemies that emit a red aura like pulses from time to time), I say this because I compare the other reinforced guards that come only from skill (Ex: Dante/Rhino/Kullervo) and that come from other augment skills (Ex: Ember/Styanax) from other warframes and that the same does not happen, since in his skill "Avalanche" it is not a skill of continuous use and there is no mention of anything related in its description or in the description of his augment. I wonder if this is really a bug. I believe I missed something and I thank anyone who can pay attention to my question.

Probably because Icy Avalanche could be nullified originally, long before overguard existed, and so that characteristic was retained when it was converted.  As to whether it's a bug, an oversight, or  intended, I don't know.  Although I think "oversight" is the least likely.

49 minutes ago, ITatsuo said:

I say this because I compare the other reinforced guards that come only from skill (Ex: Dante/Rhino/Kullervo) and that come from other augment skills (Ex: Ember/Styanax) from other warframes and that the same does not happen

Rhino Ironskin actually is nullfiable too, as is Atlas Rumbled overguard.  The thing all three of these have in common is that they're very old... much older than overguard.

Personally I think ideally all  or almost all player overguard would be nullifiable.  Or at least be rapidly depleted by nullification fields. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Personally I think ideally all  or almost all player overguard would be nullifiable.  Or at least be rapidly depleted by nullification fields. 

I think it's a good idea that it's one of the ways mentioned, it's just a little annoying that they're not updated to work in the "current" way or at least that this is mentioned in their descriptions (talking specifically about frost), but thank you for your attention.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ITatsuo said:

I think it's a good idea that it's one of the ways mentioned, it's just a little annoying that they're not updated to work in the "current" way or at least that this is mentioned in their descriptions (talking specifically about frost), but thank you for your attention.

You're welcome!  Unfortunately it's rare for descriptions to go into that level of detail in this game.  I agree it would be nice to have some more of that.  It would certainly make it easier to know when something is a bug, and not just "different".

• Like 1