Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE you need to fix the new war

max100441

Well im was a new teno, been playing around 3-4 months and started the mission the NEW WAR a week a go, i a causal gamer and play games for fun, that being said DE needs to rework this mission badly i was warned that this is where new people like me quit and i can see why, no explication on how any thing works, boss fights that are hard as fu**, and no hints on how to complete them, at this point the game is no fun i would rather get in to the boxing ring and get my ass beat by Mike Tyson that would be more fun than this game  

thanks for the fish, baby teno down

wow all these people who have a ton of time coming in and saying im wrong and im doing it wrong can go f your self's i spent the first 15 hrs stuck on the jackel and the only reason i pased that is i got it stuck in the wall and it could not move im a good player beat all the halo games on causal not every one is a hard core gamer and that is the what they focused on for this mission and it ruins the game for causal's like my self who are who spend the most on the game but if they drive them away like they have me because an entire week at least 6 hrs a day and still cant past this mission

Edited by max100441
added context

I guess you are so frustrated with the difficulty that it's look like you can't read, the quest itself said all you need to do, the bosses are meh, just a little hard. if you would take the time to seek help instead of coming to complain (like every new player who for some reason ''doesn't understand'' the new war) I'm pretty sure you'll find help either in video or tips.

Even though I know you don't ''want'' help and you want the quest to be easy like everything else in the game (as you imply), I'll still put up videos of those super difficult bosses finishing them super easy. 

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

This just shows that catering to newer players isnt good approach since most are spoiled with easy do able content and on get go went minmax meta... Take that meta cheese away and suddendly its hard, yet does not require anything you should have learned till accessing quest. Ability to listen, to read and perform basic game mechanics such as time your shots, dodge,  hide, heal- repeat.

The quest is slower pace, but nothing out of ordinary and require basic skills to complete. Yea you cant breeze through it with aiming in general direction.

• Like 1

The new war definitely suffers from DE's lack of lore explanations, and lore confusion. This is probably one of the, if not THE biggest lore quest in the game, and if you know & understand the lore, its a piece of cake. But the lore is almost always shoved to the shadows, it requires you to go out of your way to find it, and you can't find something you don't know you're supposed to be looking for.

Without knowing the lore of everything involved, as new players don't, the quest can be more difficult then necessary. DE has been making this quest easier and easier to access for new players, and i have to disagree with that. It wasn't a problem for me because i knew the lore, i had the skills and intuition from many hours of gameplay, newer players do not.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, max100441 said:

Well im was a new teno, been playing around 3-4 months and started the mission the NEW WAR a week a go, i a causal gamer and play games for fun, that being said DE needs to rework this mission badly i was warned that this is where new people like me quit and i can see why, no explication on how any thing works, boss fights that are hard as fu**, and no hints on how to complete them, at this point the game is no fun i would rather get in to the boxing ring and get my ass beat by Mike Tyson that would be more fun than this game  

thanks for the fish, baby teno down

There was a menu that hints at the archons weaknesses and abilities earlier in the quest, I think you just neglected to take note of the explanations.

Though adding a text box that recovers them when hovering over the mission node could help the less perceptive.