The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Spoilers? In Disruption (Arbitrations) alerts before Chains of Harrow has been completed

Hello, I am a new player. I am on my second week of the game, and recently completed what I know as the complete star chart and am currently gated by what I am told is Chains of Harrow before more things unlock for me. However, alerts for what I am told is a mode called Arbitrations show up for me after beating all the missions on the star chart available to me, and when I interact with it, it shows me a list of things I do not have any knowledge of, including a place I am not familiar with yet. This feels like a spoiler. So here I am dutifully reporting to you what looks like to me like a spoiler.

image.png?ex=66fd16d0&is=66fbc550&hm=1da

54 минуты назад, ilifin сказал:

Hello, I am a new player. I am on my second week of the game, and recently completed what I know as the complete star chart and am currently gated by what I am told is Chains of Harrow before more things unlock for me. However, alerts for what I am told is a mode called Arbitrations show up for me after beating all the missions on the star chart available to me, and when I interact with it, it shows me a list of things I do not have any knowledge of, including a place I am not familiar with yet. This feels like a spoiler. So here I am dutifully reporting to you what looks like to me like a spoiler.

The Chains of Harrow is a quest. The Arbitration is a game mode. They have no connection with each other.

And I can't even tell what problem you're talking about. Do you think that the list of nodes required to unlock the Arbitration is a bug? It's not. And it's not a spoiler on its own. To unlock them you need to complete more quests, which surely contain spoilers. But the list itself isn't a spoiler and isn't a bug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilifin said:

This feels like a spoiler. So here I am dutifully reporting to you what looks like to me like a spoiler.

I guess if you are the type of person to whom "things you unlock after completing a quest" are spoilers when getting to know them beforehand then yes this list is a spoiler, but honestly no. it's just a slight nudge to tell you to keep questing to fully finish your starchart.

I can see it being reduced to just "you're missing 12 mission nodes that will unlock after completing, the man in the wall, angels of the zariman and chimera prologue." that'd make it a little less spoiler free while still nudging players in the right direction.

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

You are posting way too much that indicates to me I am either not communicating this to you correctly or that you are not reading what I am saying. I should not be seeing that list of locations without knowing what they are. The game is letting me see them. That is a bug.

5 минут назад, ilifin сказал:

You are posting way too much that indicates to me I am either not communicating this to you correctly or that you are not reading what I am saying. I should not be seeing that list of locations without knowing what they are. The game is letting me see them. That is a bug.

This is just a list of missions you need to complete to unlock Arbitration game mode. The Arbitration game mode is just a game mode, not different from a Defense or Extermination game modes. That's it. There's no other meaning to this. The mission names mean nothing, they're just names. Your attempt to protect yourself from spoilers is pointless since there's not a single spoiler here.

26 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

This is just a list of missions you need to complete to unlock Arbitration game mode. The Arbitration game mode is just a game mode, not different from a Defense or Extermination game modes. That's it. There's no other meaning to this. The mission names mean nothing, they're just names. Your attempt to protect yourself from spoilers is pointless since there's not a single spoiler here.

All I know about what a Zariman is at this point in the game's story is a ship the Tenno were on. This suggests it is going to appear as a place I will go to, which I assume is meant to be a surprise as I progress the story. THAT. IS. A. SPOILER.

7 минут назад, ilifin сказал:

All I know about what a Zariman is at this point in the game's story is a ship the Tenno were on. This suggests it is going to appear as a place I will go to, which I assume is meant to be a surprise as I progress the story. THAT. IS. A. SPOILER.

The spoiler is about "how", not about "what". If I tell you that Zariman will crash into Earth - this will be a spoiler. If I tell you that Zariman exist in the game - this won't be a spoiler.

What you're talking about is just a Chekhov's gun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov's_gun

Цитата

Chekhov's gun (Chekhov's rifle; ‹See Tfd›Russian: Чеховское ружьё) is a narrative principle that states that every element in a story must be necessary and irrelevant elements should be removed. For example, if a writer features a gun in a story, there must be a reason for it, such as it being fired some time later in the plot. All elements must eventually come into play at some point in the story. Some authors, such as Hemingway, do not agree with this principle.

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded

Только что, ilifin сказал:

Okay, so your definition of a spoiler is different and that is irrelevant to me. I should still not be seeing this list.

My only recommendation for you in this case is to play with closed eyes. There's a lot of hints and clues all over the game, intentional and not.

16 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

My only recommendation for you in this case is to play with closed eyes. There's a lot of hints and clues all over the game, intentional and not.

My recommendation for you is to stop trying to define for me what is ruining my new player experience and get the hell out of a thread where a genuine bug is being showcased. Storyline hints and clues are not the same as a UI element listing off things I should not know about.