Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Stop trolling Garuda Talons and Exalted melees already. It makes no sense. Give garuda talon access to arcane. Give exalted 10 stance polarity so stuff fits.

• Garuda Talon is literally just a regular melee weapon with good stats. It even replaces your melee slot. No reason it shouldn't have access to melee arcanes.
  • Exalted melee weapons are strained for mod space with the addition of Tennokai and Galvanized melee. Why do they not get 10 polarity from their stance like the other melees? Give them polarity in patch 37.1 please. Makes no sense that they don't have it.
  • Exalted melee should have access to Acolyte mods. What reason is there that they shouldn't have access to them? Why can't an exalted melee use blood rush to reach 100% crit when it can reach 300% crit with Kullervo helminth? Why can't it have decent status chance with Weeping Wound? Why can't it get +12 combo duration with Body Count? They aren't OP. Some people even helminth them off because they aren't worth it. Exalted melees are second class citizens at this point. Normal melee gets +10 polarity, super strong arcanes, acolyte mods. Exalted melee also drains energy and prevents energy regen effects. For what? There could be an argument against arcanes for exalted weapons but not the polarity and acolyte mods.
Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 3

I agree. I think they should either commit to letting her talons be their own melee entirely, or incorporate them into an ability somehow so she can toggle them on and off, like Excalibur or Wukong's 4. The only problem is I don't know how they'd add that to a preexisting ability without drastically changing her kit. Maybe remove the hold-to-charge from her 4 or hold-to-fire-projectile from her 1 and replace it with a hold-to-equip-talons? idk

It's also frustrating getting Garuda in EDA but being forced to use one of the EDA melees if I want the rewards. I think adding her talons to an ability would fix that problem, too.

21 minutes ago, TheArchitect813 said:

I agree. I think they should either commit to letting her talons be their own melee entirely, or incorporate them into an ability somehow so she can toggle them on and off, like Excalibur or Wukong's 4. The only problem is I don't know how they'd add that to a preexisting ability without drastically changing her kit. Maybe remove the hold-to-charge from her 4 or hold-to-fire-projectile from her 1 and replace it with a hold-to-equip-talons? idk

It's also frustrating getting Garuda in EDA but being forced to use one of the EDA melees if I want the rewards. I think adding her talons to an ability would fix that problem, too.

I think there is an exception for garuda having to pick a melee in circuit. Just don't pick a melee and you load in with talons i think.

9 minutes ago, Agall said:

Yeah, add arcanes to exalted weapons so I can annihilate the map with [Melee Influence]. I approve.

There could be an argument against arcanes for exalted weapons.

The polarity and acolyte mods however need to be added.

• Like 1