Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freeze Force Question

JullieTheCutie

Question

I have Freeze Force on my Frost Prime along with a pure electric Okina Prime build. Is Freeze Force's Cold supposed to combine together with my Electricity to make Magnetic??? If so then that kind of ruins the electric DoTs I want to use to stun enemies. Unless this is a bug, because it doesn't state that it'll combine with other elements, makes things more complicated than it needs to and kills synergy.

3 answers to this question

Whether it's supposed to combine or not is debatable. The mod description states it provides additional Cold damage. Going by the description alone can easily make you believe it works like Toxic Lash or Valence Fusion, but it in fact does combine with the weapons innate and modded elements.

As such, I would advise to not use it unless you specifically mod your weapons around it (such as modding for Heat damage in order to get Blast from Freeze Force). Furthermore, buffs like this can extremely reduce damage output of your teammates by totally screwing up their modded elements.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Whether it's supposed to combine or not is debatable. The mod description states it provides additional Cold damage. Going by the description alone can easily make you believe it works like Toxic Lash or Valence Fusion, but it in fact does combine with the weapons innate and modded elements.

As such, I would advise to not use it unless you specifically mod your weapons around it (such as modding for Heat damage in order to get Blast from Freeze Force). Furthermore, buffs like this can extremely reduce damage output of your teammates by totally screwing up their modded elements.

Yeahhhhhh, I was just thinking that it could kill a whole squads build, which sucks because I like to use it to buff my teammates, however, now that I know this I may want to rethink the mod altogether. I'm like half-n-half on if it should or shouldn't be combining with the player's elements because it does open up build crafting potential to build around having it combine with YOUR weapons or not combining and being tacked onto whatever other element you wanna run, in my case Electricity and Cold. On the flip side having it combine with teammate weapons can have unforeseen consequences especially if most people don't know about that (like me). I think it'd be a bigger net positive if DE made it not combine, for both the player and the squad as a whole

2 minutes ago, JullieTheCutie said:

Yeahhhhhh, I was just thinking that it could kill a whole squads build, which sucks because I like to use it to buff my teammates, however, now that I know this I may want to rethink the mod altogether. I'm like half-n-half on if it should or shouldn't be combining with the player's elements because it does open up build crafting potential to build around having it combine with YOUR weapons or not combining and being tacked onto whatever other element you wanna run, in my case Electricity and Cold. On the flip side having it combine with teammate weapons can have unforeseen consequences especially if most people don't know about that (like me). I think it'd be a bigger net positive if DE made it not combine, for both the player and the squad as a whole

The buff should add a separate element with its own damage and status chance, just like Valence Fusion does. It would then be a very valuable and useful buff for everyone.

It should also work on all weapons. Currently, it doesn't do anything with heavy weapons.

It's a really minor thing so the chances of getting DE's attention are slim at best but I still dream of the day when my Shock Trooper will be useful.