Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Shrine Defense is a pretty fun new game mode

The game mode is fun!

• Keep the enemies out of the areas, run the doodads to the doodad receptacle, repeat.  You can optimize by defending two areas at once, or if you're having trouble just doing one area is enough. 
  • Next, kill a bunch of things.  Great!
  • Next, whack the boss enemy.  Great!
  • Now do more doodad defending and delivery.  Another great opportunity for optimization as players can prepare these ahead of time.
  • Finally, kill the thing!

It's a genuinely good game mode.

I only have a few criticisms:

1. Normally, I find the transmissions during a mission to be enough to teach me how the game mode works and what I should be doing.  This time, I didn't understand.  Now that I understand the game mode, I can see how the transmissions connected to the game mechanics.  But my first time doing the mission, the transmissions didn't give me enough information to feel like I knew what I should be doing to progress, win, or help.
  2. The Steel Path version seems like it needs some tuning.  Does the boss have attenuation?  It's such a slog to beat it.  And considering how long it takes to kill something with attenuation, the rate of rewards for the low-level missions actually ends up being more profitable.  (as an aside, I wish there was a middle-ground between "boss dies instantly" and "boss dies very tediously and slowly")

But anyway, overall a great mode, especially for new players.  My less-skilled, much more casual spouse proactively told me that she really enjoyed the design of the mission.

• Like 1

Yes agree with you its a fun mode for players, especially new players, easy and fun, and you're correct about the first time its like " WTF do we do here ".. but really after running around killing enemies and noticing things it all pieced together nicely.. good game node that DE put out here :)