Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Nova

(PSN)Unstar

No. There are many things about this rework that make Nova worse than before. Some silly and unneeded/unwanted changes.  I'm not ignoring the good, its just that the bad doesn't get fixed if we only praise the good. Coming here and saying "10/10" just gives DE a reason to ignore the bad and never make it better.

You could make a build before where all the abilities were useful as well, only difference before is - strength wasn't much of a hindrance as it is now. Now Nova wants range/strength/duration.

With wormholes damage capabilities being nerfed into the ground that's one less reason for an overpriced straight line traversal. Even more of a subsume slot now than before.

Antimatter drop is still clunky and I think its damage is worse now because they nerfed how it interacts with some abilities so its just as much a subsume slot now as it was before. Plus Antimatter drop is LoS now so if you mod for range than good chance a lot of that range is lost due to walls in the way. Oh yeah some guns just cannot charge Antimatter drop to the full 25k dmg so right there that's another damage nerf and just limits weapon synergy options. If you do use Antimatter drop, I suggest trying Euphona Prime with it, one buckshot and full charge. 

I haven't done much testing but I think -strength is the new neutral/speed Nova. With - strength now you may as well say goodbye to dmg reduction. If you do want to build for that for whatever reason than you might as well have 3 options to subsume off now. Thankfully molecular prime isn't really effected by -strength and can still nuke with chain reaction explosions with - strength.

Don't get me wrong, Nova is still super powerful and in some ways better than before but at least to me and seems a bunch of other Nova mains that this rework is somewhat questionable and some cases worse. 

• Like 2

Actually, the visual improvement of the wormhole is great, and I have no issue about the infinite duration.
It is just now cost too much energy for what it does now the bullet travelling became useless... I'll vote to remove it entierly and diminish the cost

Antimatter Drop is easier to use and visually better.
The problem are the nerfs to his effects, when the damage didn't get any better

Il y a 15 heures, KlimTit a dit :

Another thing with Anti matter drop is it sometimes spawns blocked by Nova and you cannot see it

Or just slightly on the side, so you cannot immediately shoot at it. It is also awfully sensitive to lag.
There is a lot of a little problems with it that piles up, even if the addition of the recast is truly a relief.

3 hours ago, MoonheartStarspirit said:

Or just slightly on the side, so you cannot immediately shoot at it. It is also awfully sensitive to lag.
There is a lot of a little problems with it that piles up, even if the addition of the recast is truly a relief.

Yeah I don't think its even just lag, it will happen as host as well. I think its partly because the orb spawns on Nova's left hand so depending on the animation it will spawn in a different spot. Its super inconsistent. It's also annoying how you cannot speed the orb up if you don't have enough energy to cast it, even though speeding it up doesn't use any energy. 

On 2024-10-16 at 7:41 PM, KlimTit said:

Another thing with Anti matter drop is it sometimes spawns blocked by Nova and you cannot see it

It also doesn't break boxes anymore for some reason. Also Antimatter Absorb is totally useless since you just fire the AMD off now immediately.