Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clashing color channels

Cattlefish

A lot of gear such as accessories, sumdali and even skins/prime parts have clashing color channels.

This is most noticeable with attachments since different pieces from different sets can be used together.

By using the example below, we can see  that the primary and secondary on the right arm and other two pieces are inverted and the metallics (accents) clash quite hard with the new shoulder piece. This makes it difficult to customise them when used together.

Spoiler

VuCdaJx.png

The same is true for the landing craft's sumdali and even weapons.

Spoiler

HHQgfD3.pngPnhQGJ1.png

I know that there are A LOT of items that have conflicting color channels so I propose the following solution :

We could have 2 color schemes that would affect diferent pieces depending on which piece is set to which scheme like this.

Spoiler

sJY449M.png

This would solve the clashing to some extent and also increace the customisability without cluttering too much UI and not having to redo every channel of every item in the game.

This has been bugging for quite a while now but has since become frustrating to me. I hope this issue could be addressed in some way or another.

Edited by Cattlefish
  • Like 2

Having 2 sets of color channels is an interesting idea, maybe hovering over one side or the other could highlight different armor pieces, etc.?

I've also noticed a bit of clashing with the Krios Signa (Not able to include a picture at the moment since I'm not at home) and other attachment colors, as an example.

I'm not sure if other Signas have different color channel issues off the top of my head, but the lining around the middle around it and some of the leaves haven't seemed to match what I'd expect based on some other armor pieces (Tennocon 2022 shoulders, Conquera Ribbon, and Atavist Prime Legs).I

• I've been thinking it would be great to color-customize Signas separately from other attachments like you can with Syandanas, to help them match everything else you're going with.

For Sumdalis, it might be nice if they could be customized separately too, and finally having a secondary energy & emissive color for them & the landing Crafts would be great :)

Aside from that, holding & dragging colors in the Arsenal would be a small but big QoL change as well, so I'm still hoping that could happen someday.