Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

"Eximus" in 1999, surely that needs some work?

SilentMobius

I have no issue with "elite" units in 1999 and I understand that we don't want to pull too much work away from other area but surely this needs a quality pass?

Eximus are bad enough in Warframe propper, ever since they were introduced we have zero information about what they are supposed to be or how it is that the factions have these abilities to dole out. I once thought that DE was going to suggest that more factions were producing devices based on Warframe parts, but other than the Jade Eximus (Which, annoyingly, was not limited to spawning after the Jade Shadows quest, so it makes even less sense for a new player) we have nothing.

Maybe at least call them something else? And maybe reduce the types to those that actually make sense? Venomous(Efervon?)/Arson(White Phosphorus?)/Shock(Taser?)/Leech(Supressor?) could work. It seems such a shame to create the wonderful thematic setting and spend all that time on art and sounds and enemy design only to jam a bunch of unexplained future-powers in there.

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 7

Yeah, I really think that Venomous and Arson eximi are the only ones that should be in 1999. Arson is more for the sake of variety, though. Venomous is the only one that fits (and ironically is the one not included).

• Like 1

Honestly, I would add blitz alongside venomous and arson. They are fighting an infested variant after all, blast and knockdowns would make sense against an enemy hampered by both.

That also opens the door for 1999 infested having a curated list as well.

• Like 2

Actually, you know what could work and is already in game.

In Duviri there are enemies that can buff nearby enemies weapons with elemental damage depending on cycle. You could potentially make it an eximus type specific to "faction war" missions like crossfire or invasions. One buff for faction enemy and a different buff for tenno enemy.

So in 1999 it's an element good against the 1999 infested but when players are nearby the element changes. Kill the eximus to stop the buff.

With prosecutors and wardens we do know they can curate eximus spawns per tileset/mission. Plus it would make sense when you want to convey "we have been fighting these enemies for a while and know them well".