Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Puncture-Damage Melee Weapons, Please?

Qeveren

Puncturing things was a pretty important part of melee combat, particularly once heavy armors arrived on the scene.  Stuff like warhammers, mauls, pole-axes (eg. the halberd), military picks, spears (always forgotten ;__;), and so on.

Wrong , punk isn't necessary for the MELEE , SLASH is important for the MELEE weapon.

If you are using bigger weapons like a LANCE you will , obviously need more RANGE and more ATTACK SPEED (for the swing)

Edited by iona990

Wrong , punk isn't necessary for the MELEE , SLASH is important for the MELEE weapon.

If you are using bigger weapons like a LANCE you will , obviously need more RANGE and more ATTACK SPEED (for the swing)

You seem to be accidentally hitting ctrl-B and your shift key frequently, or perhaps there is a defect with your keyboard and it should be returned to the place of sale for a refund.

Whoops, just made a post about this, but some puncture melee weapons are the Jaw Sword, the daggers, and the fang and fang prime. The DPS on them in terms of puncture are not as good as the DPS in terms of slash on other weapons that specialize in slash damage.

However, I am for some sort of spear or polearm of sorts. That would be pretty badass.

Edited by ROSING

So what if one had a Deth Machine Rifle, Tigris and Dual Vastos for example?

Time for the return of Daggers imo.

Whoops, just made a post about this, but some puncture melee weapons are the Jaw Sword, the daggers, and the fang and fang prime. The DPS on them in terms of puncture are not as good as the DPS in terms of slash on other weapons that specialize in slash damage.

However, I am for some sort of spear or polearm of sorts. That would be pretty badass.

That begs the questions, why did DE put puncture on those low dps weapons?

"90% of our melee weapons have slash damage" "Turn all the melee weapons that no one gives a crap about into puncture, to even things out"

Puncturing things was a pretty important part of melee combat, particularly once heavy armors arrived on the scene.  Stuff like warhammers, mauls, pole-axes (eg. the halberd), military picks, spears (always forgotten ;__;), and so on.

Speaking of warhappers and mauls, the Fragor deals impact actually. Impact is blunt force. Good against shields.

Military Picks (dual) Kamas ought to deal puncture, for sure.

Also I agree that spears should exist, used for impaling, not just thwacking people (like it is in so many games that fails to properly implement spears).

Speaking of warhappers and mauls, the Fragor deals impact actually. Impact is blunt force. Good against shields.

Military Picks (dual) Kamas ought to deal puncture, for sure.

Also I agree that spears should exist, used for impaling, not just thwacking people (like it is in so many games that fails to properly implement spears).

Well, warhammers IIRC were typically spiked to punch through armor, otherwise it would be a mace or something.  Though I think the Chinese had that crazy-huge metal-ball-on-a-stick weapon that would be a cousin to the Fragor. :D

Spears were pretty awesome for their simplicity and versatility; you could stab and slash (or beat things with the stick-y end)!

That begs the questions, why did DE put puncture on those low dps weapons?

"90% of our melee weapons have slash damage" "Turn all the melee weapons that no one gives a crap about into puncture, to even things out"

I think because they were the weapons that previously had Armor Ignore damage types on their quick attacks.

Sp

...Let me give you an anecdote that should demonstrate just how big a deal spears (the very textbook definition of 'puncture weapon') were in medieval combat. There was an entire style of european swordfighting that's entire point was to make swords act more like spears, because spears were SO effective. Blades were constructed with a dull spot a third-ish of the way up the back edge to facilitate this style.

Spears were a HUGE HUGE deal, in other words. 

And, while we're at it, lances are completely irrelevant to this discussion, being CAVALRY WEAPONS!

And 'puncture' is much better abbreviated as 'punc' not 'punk'. You know, because 'punk' is an actual word.

Edited by OblivionNecroninja