Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did I Just Find An Op Valkyr Build?

castem

While my Valkyr is cooking in the foundry, I've had plenty of time to think of what kind of build I want to use for her. Then I came across this one. (Someone else might've come up with this already, but I just came across it now.)

Base: Ultimate lasts 30 seconds, costs 100 energy.

Fleeting Expertise = +60% power efficiency, -60% power duration

Continuity = +30% power duration

Constitution = +28% power duration

Streamline = +30% power efficiency

Narrow Minded = +99% power duration, -66% power range

Modded: Ultimate lasts 59 seconds, costs 25 energy.

Aura: Energy Siphon (0.6 energy / second) gives 25 energy every 42 seconds (approximately).

Valkyr's ultimate makes her invulnerable.

So Valkyr could indefinitely remain invulnerable (with positive energy gain, no less)? Is that right?

EDIT: It seems the general consensus is that this build isn't nearly as OP as I thought. The damage is weak on the ultimate, and if you don't kill all the enemies around you, then you still take damage at the end.

Edited by castem

Plus Trinity can use her guns and regular melee weapon while making everyone invulnerable.  I mean, Valkyr having her ult up all the time seems to be the best easy build for her right now, but in the long run it doesn't seem all that great.  To boost her damage enough to make her good against high level enemies you'd need to boost her power and that would reduce her power efficiency making it harder to keep up constantly.

Her damage is horrible in Hysteria, so late game this build might be kinda funny to 1v40 but you'll still die when it wears off and you will have maybe killed five enemies.

Best bet is to still build tanky and focus on support and invuln. when it matters to assist with damage/kills in my opinion. Her best use in Hysteria is actually to aggro. enemies while your allies take them out. 

Might seem OP at a glance, but in my opinion it's only really OP if you're in low level Survival. But then again EVERYBODY that's fully modded/leveled is OP in low level survival. =P

Edited by DavidSPD

That's kind of a shame...

While it's a good thing she doesn't have a really OP build, it's disheartening to hear that her ultimate is so bad. I hope DE puts some more work into her so she's as good as the other frames.

Well, first of all, no reason to use maxed Fleeting Expertise. Level 4 is good enough, giving you the maxed 75% efficiency while keeping your duration to only -40%, or a 65 second Hysteria. You can buff her up with Focus, but that still leaves her at doing subpar damage once you hit past level 40.

Taking damage from not killing all the enemies isn't a HUGE issue if you can time yourself to retreat away from enemies right before it expires, but it does become something you have to constantly work around.

Yeah, this is possible and has been found a long time ago. This build has a serious downside though... you're still permanently stuck in Hysteria, which has awful effects, damage, range and speed... you'll spend 5 times more time in every mission.

You're going to be a liability with a 1min+ hysteria without blind rage as you won't be killing mid to high level mobs fast enough, and even then decent lvl grineer and corrupted will have to much armor for you to tackle.

And assuming you trash warcry and paralysis that leaves you with 8 slots, and it will still be tricky to place them all in.

Dmg wise like i said, you need blind rage. Focus would be nice as well but that 30% is rather minor compared to br's 99% max.

Energy wise you'll need the highest energy efficiency you can get, which after blind rage isn't too much, energy siphon as aura and possibly rage or flow if you have space.

Survivability wise you still have a issue, that 1 second you're going to be recasting hysteria is a big weakness. Add to that the fact that your shields can reduce dmg taken from hysteria's enemies left alive clause and you'll want retribution. Vigor adds to little shields to be of use, and shield recharge is easy during hysteria anyway.

Add to that vitality for a larger health buffer, and then equilibrium to actually recover health if you do take dmg.

So we end with something like:

Blind Rage / Fleeting Expertise / Streamline / Narrow Minded / Redirection / Equilibrium / Vitality / (Rage or Flow) / Ripline / Hysteria   + energy Siphon.

Or just wait till they improve valkyr either with a armor overhaul or rebalance.

In theory yes, in practice not really.

The energy cost is what to me kills war cry. it's duration is only half as short as hysteria and costs 75 energy. With my current lowbie 60% power efficiency and -30% power duration i rarely have the energy to use war cry. It is tempting though with it's +100% attack speed, but hysteria does attack pretty fast already.

Paralysis would be a decent option. as less then 5 energy for 1.4k impact dmg isn't to bad.

But take in account that a hysteria ground slam deals base 600 dmg and knocks every down. with a chance to crit for twice and a chance to crit for four times the damage. (it's also has better dmg typing, meaning more dmg to infested and grineer)

Rip line however seems like the clear winner,

1.2k slash dmg from a respectable range (actually 50m base not 75m due to range limits, but narrow minded sets it to 30m) which can perform headshots still.

Add to that all the mobility it adds for valkyr (and allies) for a 25 energy. Can't really go to wrong with that.

Ow yeah and something i forgot to mention:

Coolant leak, get it and use it. It slows all enemies trying to run away from you. (something all crewman and grineer love to try) making it much easier to hit them.

And a properly equipped sentinel is also a must. Stinger/ Deth Rifle / Sweeper are all great additions to your dmg and lack of ranged attacks.