Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ice Elemental Polarity

Sangreal117

Hello Fellow Tenno and DE Devs,

I don't write enough here because I look at Warframe as an ongoing ever changing experience as it unfolds into what it will be once the Beta is over. Some could argue it really isn't in Beta anymore and with platinum sales as they are and now Prime Access along with the PS4 release, one could have an even better argument that Beta is done and over with. That is all not really up to the customer as much as it is to DE and where they believe the game is at. 

My main concern now with Combat 2.0 (I'm saying this because Armor 2,0 and Damage 2.0 are the same thing and they all deal with the combat mechanics of Warframe) There is one big glaring thing that makes it really hard to figure out a decent polarity choice when you forma a weapon. The basic Elemental mod are all line polarities but the ice is still a triangle polarity. Now this was fine before Combat 2.0 because you had Armor piercing, but that has become a completely different format of damage in puncture and grouped with slash and Impact now. They are all line polarities as well with taking weapons to the next level and using Forma on them them it gets very tough to get what you want, still be able to make elemental combos for more situation damage and really even care to forma them. I know I'm looking at the Soma now and want to, but its really hard to decide how to when you want to devote two slots all for line and elemental damage and then have to consider adding a triangle one jsut for one elemental condition to mix in.

The basic ice mods I believe should be switched to the line polarity and up the cost a couple to make it equal to all the rest of the elemental mods. Nice simple and clears up all the confusion. The other ones with dual stats and an elemental make sense to keep the way they are, giving that additional choices and ways to configure weapons because you want the elemental effect along with the additional effect bonus or effect detriment and why they cost even more to put in.

This is the only thing that glaringly stands out to me as something that upsets me with the new Combat system and getting to the really high level stuff to be successful at it.

Sangreal117

Warlord of Elder Steel

The thing is, if they change the polarity of that, they will need to refund the people who have forma'd their gear in some way in order to fit that mod. 

A suggestion: Unlock slots that have been forma'd so that the polarity on that slot can be changed anytime. 

another problem with this is the fact that there are like 5 mods among all weapon types that use the defensive (i think thts what the triangle one is) polarity type. doing this would make tht type of polarity even more useless than dmg 2.0 did.

but yeah ices polarity is kinda awk so i would agree with this if they made def mods more viable

Edited by Zoike

The thing is, if they change the polarity of that, they will need to refund the people who have forma'd their gear in some way in order to fit that mod. 

A suggestion: Unlock slots that have been forma'd so that the polarity on that slot can be changed anytime. 

another problem with this is the fact that there are like 5 mods among all weapons that use the defensive (i think thts what the triangle one is) polarity type. doing this would make tht type of polarity ever more useless than dmg 2.0 did

Also needs to be considered, very true.

I disagree, there aren't a lot of choices yet in that polarity, but they are Status effect ones, Hammer Shot alone is a big one to add even then the other one is a status percentage. On Soma or even Synapse you could stick with the status % since both are based on critical hits and slap in Hammer Shot once you got it for an even greater effect. Not to mention DE can always come out with more mods to fit that polarity now that Combat 2.0 is released and they are looking everything over. And Ice now isn't as much a defensive mod as it was. Its now a critical mod in creating elemental combos. And Ice now isn't as much a defensive mod as it was. Its now a critical mod in creating elemental combos.

Edited by Sangreal117

I disagree, there aren't a lot of choices yet in that polarity, but they are Status effect ones, Hammer Shot alone is a big one to add even then the other one is a status percentage. On Soma or even Synapse you could stick with the status % since both are based on critical hits and slap in Hammer Shot once you got it for an even greater effect. Not to mention DE can always come out with more mods to fit that polarity now that Combat 2.0 is released and they are looking everything over. And Ice now isn't as much a defensive mod as it was. Its now a critical mod in creating elemental combos. And Ice now isn't as much a defensive mod as it was. Its now a critical mod in creating elemental combos.

My point isn't about the usefulness of certain mods, its about changing builds. Lets say you decide you want to swap out a mod for another, but you can't because of the polarity on a slot that you already used a forma on. It's silly having to re-level a weapon to change a polarity on a slot that you already forma'd. Any slot that a forma was used on should be free to cycle between polarities. 

Edit: When you forma a slot, it could get an orange outline indicating it has been forma'd.There could be an edit button next to the forma button that allows you to change polarities on previously forma'd slots. 

Edited by Drazhar14

About Forma's... people that had god tiered their weapon and frames before Combat 2.0 Still have to do this. And if DE has a way of fixing this I'm sure, but as it is the game is in ever changing evolution. I knew Combat 2.0 was coming up and I kept my forma or used them for building Dojo items an weapons and other things. The minute they started talking about redoing the entire combat system I put a lot of things on hold because I knew they would change it that much. The Ice basic mods were till  abit troublesome when swapping out, but not as much as it is becoming with the new combat system where I imagine most people are putting on two line polarities to most weapons to swap out elemental effects anyway. The argument about them refunding forma or making polarity slots adjustable through some system has been up since day one when Combat 2.0 came out because of all the weapons that were Forma'ed up so high before it came out and it is a bit of a but hurt, but not undoable by a far shot when you can level a weapon in as soon as 6-8 hours if you aren't running around in a group. I have a few weapon and warframe I will ahve to do that for now also. ITs the same as potoatoeing a warframe or weapon when they come out with a prime, vandal or wraith version that i better. Have to suck it up and put that little bit more time into the thousand hours or more played by some people me included.