Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] - Insect Based Technical Frame (Sketches Included)

TwonkeyKong

First please notice that English is not my main langage ^^

but i hope you understand all.

This idea I got long time ago … now I brought it to paper

well, so my main idea was to create a frame who will use nano-technology (and maybe rockets) to defeat his enemies.

I don´t really know how i could name him … maybe something like  „Ryctes“ , „Oryc“ or just „Bug“ 

At his design i tried to combine  insect chitin armor  with these organic warframe style. 

His nano insect are build in/at his back.

Here some sketches i´ve made :

detailet helmet concept (please notice, these colors are not final, it´s just that you can see where his energy is)

bugframe_concept_art__helm__by_chubbyscu

the front view

untitledbugframe_concept_art__front__by_

a side view

bugframe_concept_art__side__by_chubbyscu

the backside

bugframe_concept_art__back__by_chubbyscu

his spinal column

bugframe_concept_art__spinal_column__by_

his „rocket“ arm

bugframe__concept_art__right_arm__by_chu

his left hand in detail

bugframe_concept__left_hand__by_chubbysc

his right hand (x-ray) that you can see where al his fingers are ;D

bugframe_concept__right_hand__x_ray__by_

Stats:

Health: 75 (225)

Shield Capacity: 150 (450)

Energy: 125 (200)

Armor: 90 -100

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Polaritys:

4x = (skill)

1x D (defense)

1x ↔ (tactic)

Aura polarity :

1x ↔

I´ve tried to combine good speed with a robust amor, but when there is poison or you breake his defense, he will get his problems (cause health is very low ).

Just like an insect ^^

here some skills i´ve thought:

I thougt that his abillitys have a relative high status chance (just because since jet i found no weapon wich have a nice one)

1. hacking-ants

he will send out a swarm of ant-like nanobots, which will auto-hack controlpannels, open closed doors and mabye unlock locked lockers (love this sentences ^^)

2. nano-powered strike

much more aggressive insect nano bots will be created in his back and crawl around his body to his right arm (they will be colored like his energy an maybe there would be some lightnings who twich around his arm)and when he attack with his melee weapon this weapon also wil be covored with this inects.

For a few seconds/ minutes every melee attack will be charged, but without the charging time (that would be quite funny with glaive and kestrel ^^) and in addition this melee attacks maybe will deal some puncture damage.

If you attack while jumping this attack just get a dmg-boost.

3. Explosive swarm

After he creates a swarm of flying nanobots he sends them out to each enemy in range.

Then he will short circuit them and they will explode.

This attack will deal blast damage (ice + fire).

4. detonating sting

He will charge his sting-firing rocket arm to fire a explosive sting.

It´s a bit like firing with the ogris but this abillity won´t damage yourself and other teammates. This attack will deal blast damage (ice + fire).

As long you press the skill-button he will charge (there is no risk if you overcharge the rocket) and as long you charge you are unable to use other weapons.

First i want to give him an Sting-Hook skill but then valkyr was added to the game .___.

Looking for more skills (if i got some ideas i wil add them)

I´m looking forward to add more detailed pictures and some alternate helmets

and as you can see its no that balanced yet, but it´s just a concept so if ou got nice ideas about skills (skill-names), stat changes or some things about his look pls post them.

Thanks for reading, i hope you enjoy this concept ^^

I am afraid to hear youre oppinion

your ChubbysCurryMcToastKing

Edited by ChubbysCurryMcToastKing

Don't be afraid :P 

Honnestly I like this idea. The concept itself is quite interresting and the drawings fit it perfectly. 

BUT 

While your first and third abilities seem very awesome to me, the other two are strange. 

The second one is like a modified version of Saryn's skill "contagion", and the ult' misses something (but I don't know what =.=). 

Still I enjoyed your concept.

Don't be afraid :P 

Honnestly I like this idea. The concept itself is quite interresting and the drawings fit it perfectly. 

BUT 

While your first and third abilities seem very awesome to me, the other two are strange. 

The second one is like a modified version of Saryn's skill "contagion", and the ult' misses something (but I don't know what =.=). 

Still I enjoyed your concept.

thx for reply ^^

yeah like i say these are only some skill ideas and the thing with last skill it was a mistake in skilll order ^^

for sure his ult would be the 3rd

Okay ^-^ 

I thought about a skill giving you the ability to change yourself into multiple insects (nanobots), allowing you to crawl on the ground, walls and ceilings and being 100% stealthy. You would be able to choke enemies by covering them in this shape.

Okay ^-^ 

I thought about a skill giving you the ability to change yourself into multiple insects (nanobots), allowing you to crawl on the ground, walls and ceilings and being 100% stealthy. You would be able to choke enemies by covering them in this shape.

that would be completly awsome ^^

but the question is how he is able to split in to nanobots and get back to his usally form

well i will think about this idea and how to made it possible ;D

thx for this great idea

that would be completly awsome ^^

but the question is how he is able to split in to nanobots and get back to his usally form

well i will think about this idea and how to made it possible ;D

thx for this great idea

He would be himself formed of nanobots and would be able to make a single humanoid living form of these bots :D 

But as we don't know if Tenno HAVE powers or if only the warframes give those powers (in that case this skill would make non-sense), it's hard to tell if it's a really good idea.

and another idea ^^

maybe a skill where he summon an insect-like enlightenment drone ...

this drone will work like a normal sentinel (for example dethcube ore wyrm)

his drone has life(not that much), maybe shield and will be destroyed when there is no life left

This drone has the abbility to scan Enemys and let you see them through walls (like a scanner)

and it will be attacked by enemys first (except melee attacking enemys).

so it is a kind of protection, complete your codex and helps you to be prepared for a fight ^^

...An Insect-styled 'Frame and no Rider Kick? For shame!

Although... I suppose you could keep the Punch and go the Kamen Rider Black route.

Though he looks more like Kamen Rider Blade more than anything (sort-of a Hercules Beetle thing going on). No card-game shenanigans though, thanks.

...An Insect-styled 'Frame and no Rider Kick? For shame!

Although... I suppose you could keep the Punch and go the Kamen Rider Black route.

Though he looks more like Kamen Rider Blade more than anything (sort-of a Hercules Beetle thing going on). No card-game shenanigans though, thanks.

what da hell is a shenanigan ?

I like it and your drawings are really good.

However it makes me think of infested. Thats cool and all, exept no infested frames exist yet.

The small bot hunters sound cool, but make it a attached. Sentinel sittobg on one arm,

Returning when the power is used.

• 3 weeks later...

Really like the design and the concept is neat, though I have a few thoughts and/or questions about its abilities:

1. In game mechanics terms, is the first power just an AOE effect with the graphic of tiny motes of light being sent along the ground and walls to all devices in range, or does it actually spawn "bug" entities that have to seek out devices to trigger them?

2. Does this effect apply only to melee weapons (basically causes all melee strikes to deal charge damage), or does its effect include things like bows, too? Do you think making it a short-range team AOE buff would be a good idea?

3. Is it supposed to be short-circuiting the enemies the bots are inhabiting, or just the bots themselves? Because if the former they should probably deal electric or magnetic damage, too, but if the latter I could get behind an AOE attack that guarantees blast proc against everyone in range.

4. One missile sounds kind of weak for a 100-energy power; I personally think this one needs re-working. Do you think it would be better as a single missile that insta-kills one target and deals moderate to high blast damage in a radius, or perhaps do you think a homing missile salvo (swarm?) would be better?

• 2 months later...