Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hostage Dying From Napalm.

Nekrage

I haven't done a Rescue mission in ages, but aren't hostages darn near invulnerable now? Can't you just go over and revive them like you would a teammate, but with no bleedout timer?

Or did they revert back to the old system?

I haven't done a Rescue mission in ages, but aren't hostages darn near invulnerable now? Can't you just go over and revive them like you would a teammate, but with no bleedout timer?

Or did they revert back to the old system?

When they die, they die...there is no revive and you fail the mission. A napalm kills them in 1 shot.

When they die, they die...there is no revive and you fail the mission. A napalm kills them in 1 shot.

Huh. Guess they reverted it, then. A few weeks back, you could revive the hostage, no problem.

But yeah, hostage AI needs to be improved for sure. I understand not using the handgun (honestly, if the Grineer let them keep it with them when locked up, chances are it's not of much use), but they really need to avoid taking damage rather than standing there dumbly as rockets and firebombs slowly drift towards their faces.

Unless you can provide evidence to support your claim, the hostages have a bleedout timer, there is just no visual indicator that they are down and bleeding.

The 10 times i have seen them die in the past couple of days, they instantly drop and the mission fails.

Again, unless you prove it with a video, it's not going to do anyone any good.

They can't fix it if they don't know what it is/why it's happening.

I could care less if you believe me or not. Im not here to work for you, get off your high horse.

Im not going to provide video proof for every bug I find.

Edited by Nekrage

I'm siding with Nekrage. I haven't seen a bleedout timer before. How about YOU give us proof that there IS a bleedout timer? Works both ways buddy.

Edited by -..-

You're both right because I've seen both. I've seen the bleedout timer but unsure if that was intended or not and if it was, I thought it was somewhat useful to give the hostage at least a fighting chance because you could revive him pretty sure that was around in update 10 or so but ever since 11 hostage dies, mission instantly fails there is no bleedout timer and I've had that so many times it's annoying especially on high level rescue alerts, since host is usually laggy, moment I free the hostage, something manages to kill him and all I got was mission failed.

It seems to happen with warframes as well. It has happened to me a few times.

If you are suffering DoT when you lose all of your health, you instantly drop dead. No bleedout timer.

Napalm's DoT is one of them.

It seems to happen with warframes as well. It has happened to me a few times.

If you are suffering DoT when you lose all of your health, you instantly drop dead. No bleedout timer.

Napalm's DoT is one of them.

Are you sure about that? Because I'm pretty sure the only time you die instantly from an enemy with no bleedout is if there is nobody else in your squad that is alive so if you're running solo and you die then you're dead, no timer. If you're in a squad of 4 and 3 are bleeding out and you die then bam, you're dead no timer.

Raid was removed and Rescue remains, the mode that no one likes with an AI that is dysfunctional.

How about we do a swap out until the AI stops running in circles like a mentally damaged Corgi casing its non-existent tail.

OR, lets do a fireman's carry on the hostage all the way out.

I will add a second on seeing the Hostage Bleedout bar, actually. I saw the bleedout timer for the Hostage once during the Update 10 period. Sadly this was during the same period where netcode was just being utter garbage and the Host was lagging so much it was impossible to return and save the dumb thing.

Yeah, napams piss me off too, it's pointless to even have a sentinel against Grineer because all the aoe will just insta kill it.

Also, they wont give us pets (not that I care) due to problems with pathing, but they will have a broken &#! game mode out of it! XD