Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Feel The Brakk Is Game Breaking?

Truzie

Leave my Brakk alone.

I did hard work for this weapon and I don't need to be spit in the face.

And you know what? Givin the choice I would have NO problem doing that same ammount of work. Infact some weekends I play the same mission 100 times anyway. You know what I get for that? Fast hands. The fact your all calling a world event "Work" worries me. If a world even in  game you like is work, you may want to re-evaluate even playing this game.

Ignore the trolls. You bring up some valid points and I agree with some/most of them. I don't like exclusives either. I worked for the reward during the event but I won't feel cheated if they eventually add it to the market or have the BP as Lotus gifts.

IMO Items which work in a different way from other items shouldn't be exclusive, BUT if an item is just a cosmetic difference from the normal item which ISN'T exclusive, it's fine.

In relation to other weapons brakk is for an EXCLUSIVE item to strong.

My suggestion:

1. Buff other weapons/create a weapon with the same stats but obtainable for all.

or

2. Make the brakk non-exclusive and farm-/buyable, turn all brakks allready owned by players into "brakk vandal/wraith" (same stats) and let it show up in a short event, maybe harder to get then the previous brakk. So brakk owners have no problem, non-brakk owners have no problem, its all fine.

And to the brakk owners: Let non-brakk-owners get a chance to have the brakk/a similar weapon and think about fairness. All of you posting "deal with it", would even cry more if you didnt have it.

All the "Its a coop-game, there is no competition", really...? The stats showed at the end of the mission, well that window poping up is maybe a bug. The leaderboards maybe too. And maybe its also a bug that we play multiplayer here.

The thing is: It is a competition for many players who want to be the best. So youre argument is invalid.

And all people with bad and offensive language here: Incredible, how you start raging cause you wont give others the chance to get the best secondary.

If there would just be the cosmetical difference to other weapons, fine.

Something will be changed to make it fair. When and how will be DE's decision.

Dont forget to be nice to each other ;) !

As a Brakk owner, I can say I wouldn't mind if it was made available for a short while in a different event, or even became a "seasonal" sort of thing.

I do however think people need to dry up snd accept that they will likely never see this weapon, and that events will always offer powerful weapons because that's what draw most players in, sadly.

machete wraith wants to have a word about best weapons being in events....

Machete Wraith wants a word about being bashed in damage 2.0. Seriously, it's a really solid weapon. I've one shot light infested up to about level 30.

Edited by DeejayPwny

We have tons of Godlike-OP-Power.Creep.Child weapons, such as Soma and others. Why Brakk?

Why brakk? Here's a perfect example why. These are some spreadsheets showing DPS of weapons, they are behind a spoiler because I don't want this post to be too big.

This is the primary weapons DPS ltrpQu2.jpg

Here is the secondary weapons DPS AYxyxR8.jpg

Edited by Hexosaurus

Boar prime has less damage, less status, has damage fall off, more double the reload time, and oh yea, you can use PISTOL mods with the Brakk, so now you have more multi-shot, WAY higher damage mod, and the #1 killer of waves, Punch-through.

No other shotgun, even in the PRIMARY catagory can compete.

Yep, I was looking at a chart that didn't include secondaries. The Boar Prime has the highest dps among primaries. The Brakk does 4,423 more dps than the Bronco Prime. Brakk does 4,898 more dps than the Boar Prime.

So far you've stated nothing this whole time, all you've said is "get over it" and "your an asshat" can you put in some real input? If you cant then maybe you should just shut your mouth.

I have said more than that, maybe you should learn to read. Post #23 was directed at OP and featured more than what you've given me credit for. The Brakk's existence doesn't nullify the damage other weapons do. 30k dps is still 30k dps, regardless of whether a gun exists that outputs 44k.

To be fair, I've never started a topic about ANYTHING before on any other game. But I've never played a game that gave players an exclusive item that gave them a VERY destinct advantage. I've been playing since beta, and enjoyed since beta, and have been paying and supporting the whole time. Its just not fun to watch everyone over use the crap out of one weapons because its so head and shoulders above the rest. I'm sure you have skimmed over many of the replies, and about half of them agree that its bull S#&$. The other half have a Brakk.

Anyway. I'm out, good luck everyone, I hope the next weapon is a map destroying 500m blast radius rocket launcher with 20,000 DPS, and all you dorks defending the Brakk miss the event.

Oh look, this argument again. Cut the Ad Hominem all ready. People having a Brakk doesn't invalidate their opinion on this matter. 

They will indeed affect my gameplay unless I play in solo mode. Imagine the people around you doing more than double your damage and stun locking the room and you are unable to compete with that, ever, regardless of effort or donations to DE. You understand fully but enjoy the op status. I understand, but I'd rather not have a boot on my throat. Keep brakk, that's fine, but there needs to be a) ways to craft very similar weapons (we won't have the leet status you have for earning brakk!) or b) very regular events that allow ps4 players and new players in general to have some path to being competitive. I don't want to rely on being carried by brakk users. Everyone wants to contribute and be a presence on the scoreboard. You understand this fully or else you wouldn't fight so hard to keep your op status with the brakk.

Nope. Only your perception of the gameplay experience. And what is this bit about "you are unable to compete with that", why are you competing with your TEAM. That makes zero sense. As I've said before, the brakk's existence doesn't change your weapon's dps. I am of the opinion that PS4 players should be made to go through the events we (PC) had to. That way they can decide whether they get the Brakk or the Detron.

Exactly. Like I said, everyone that isnt speaking out about it is actively using it. I just hate being in game, watching people DOMINATE everything with a Brakk and think to myself "Wow, no matter how much I play I will NEVER be able to have that." And frankly that makes me not want to play.

You can see all the posts in this topic by Brakk users going "Nope you missed it too bad, NAH NAH, you just wanna nurf my baby that I 1 shot waves of infected with!" and its sad. Yea your all right, I wish I could have one, I did miss the event, but the only reason I wish I could have one is so that I can be on an even playing field with every other player. Its utter bullS#&$ that because I missed a week of playtime I can NEVER match another players secondary even tho I've been playing since beta.

Ad Hominem.

If seeing your teammates do well makes you want to quit playing, leave. Obviously Co-Op games such as this one aren't doing it for you. 

This is basically the 'I want primed chamber, screw charged chamber' argument all over again. Nothing says the Brakk is anything more than a timed exclusive. Just be patient and stop with the hate. 

In relation to other weapons brakk is for an EXCLUSIVE item to strong.

My suggestion:

1. Buff other weapons/create a weapon with the same stats but obtainable for all.

or

2. Make the brakk non-exclusive and farm-/buyable, turn all brakks allready owned by players into "brakk vandal/wraith" (same stats) and let it show up in a short event, maybe harder to get then the previous brakk. So brakk owners have no problem, non-brakk owners have no problem, its all fine.

And to the brakk owners: Let non-brakk-owners get a chance to have the brakk/a similar weapon and think about fairness. All of you posting "deal with it", would even cry more if you didnt have it.

All the "Its a coop-game, there is no competition", really...? The stats showed at the end of the mission, well that window poping up is maybe a bug. The leaderboards maybe too. And maybe its also a bug that we play multiplayer here.

The thing is: It is a competition for many players who want to be the best. So youre argument is invalid.

And all people with bad and offensive language here: Incredible, how you start raging cause you wont give others the chance to get the best secondary.

If there would just be the cosmetical difference to other weapons, fine.

Something will be changed to make it fair. When and how will be DE's decision.

Dont forget to be nice to each other ;) !

Players aiming for the tops of the leaderboards are hardly the majority. And if my Brakk get's turned into a Brakk Wraith I expect more of a difference than just a cosmetic one. Nothing huge, but SOMETHING to differentiate their stats. I would say an extra polarity but that wouldn't work given how many people have forma'd theirs.

Then they need to make it available for EVERYONE to work for, not just the few who were in some world event.

It wasn't a 'few' the event went on for a WHILE, anyone not taking a break during that time had an opportunity to get it.

And you know what? Givin the choice I would have NO problem doing that same ammount of work. Infact some weekends I play the same mission 100 times anyway. You know what I get for that? Fast hands. The fact your all calling a world event "Work" worries me. If a world even in  game you like is work, you may want to re-evaluate even playing this game.

100 missions was the minimum for obtaining the Brakk. Many went far beyond that. Your claim of playing the same mission 100 times on the same day might be hyperbole, people with the Brakk aren't exaggerating. And you're getting more than just a Fast Hands mod if you're playing the same mission 100 times.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Yep.  Brakk is overpowered.  Even if I had it I wouldn't use it, because overpowered weapons suck the fun out of the game for me.

Same thing with the Galatine.  But the Brakk is even more egregious.  It's basically a pocket-strun wraith.  At least the Cestra was balanced properly.

Okay. So. I have a Brakk. I went through 100 missions to get it. I ranked it to 30, shoved overpowered mods into it, and take it on a ton of defense missions. I love it, squeeze it, and call it Sanchez.

But the thing is, I mostly agree with what the OP says. The Brakk is hilariously overpowered. Yeah, it's satisfying to use, but it also really dumbs down the gameplay whenever I bring it out. High level infested filling the hallway? Wave the Brakk in their general direction. Is that a Boss I see over there? Empty a couple magazines of Brakk into him, and go on your way. Is that an enemy sniping me from across the map? Leave it to Brakk. Want to solo Pluto? Sure, just give me a second to grab my Brakk. 

It's not even part of the game anymore. It feels more like a crutch to me now, a way to turn any appreciable threat into chum just by pressing the mouse button a few times.

That being said, here are a few ways to balance it -

- Decrease the pellet count.

- Decrease the status chance.

- Change the way its damage types are balanced without sacrificing overall damage.

- Increase the reload time.

- Decrease the fire rate.

- Increase the damage falloff over range

The list goes on, and any one of those suggestions could do wonders for balancing the Brakk.

Will I miss it being OP? Heck yeah. I love shredding everything with it.

But, ultimately, it's not about what I want. It's about what's better for the game. And I'm sorry to say, but as it is now Brakk isn't good for the game.

IS the Brakk strong?  Yes

Is the Brakk OP?  Well i'm not so sure but it's definitely top tier.

Is the Brakk "Game Breaking"? Lol no.

All hyperbole in the original question aside.  It is an event weapon so it's stronger than most, and that's fine.  But aside from that it is no where near the silliness that the Acrid was pre-2.0.  It is still powerful but it has also been brought into line with the general (and ongoing)  grand 2.0 rebalance.  so yeah not game breaking and could probably stay the same as it is now with only overly sensitive jimmies being rustled.

- Decrease the pellet count.

- Decrease the status chance.

- Change the way its damage types are balanced without sacrificing overall damage.

- Increase the reload time.

- Decrease the fire rate.

- Increase the damage falloff over range

Knowing DE... They will do ALL of these things... And then some more

You actually think that is a legit reason to implement unbalanced and broken weapon? Expect a nerf. DE is continuously adjusting the new damage system and all the weapons included. If you don't believe me: Iron Skin. Enough said.

You're right, and I would say Rhino is in a decent place now (after tons of patches and overnerfs).  Also, remember when the Braton Vandal was the OP exclusive gun?  No?  Exactly.