Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mk-1 Braton Needs Some Love

Ryujen

I mean it's one of the dullest, if not THE dullest weapon in the game. I understand that it has to be unappealing to make you craft/buy other weapons but come on! When I first started playing this game it took me a while to get my first rifle (which was a Boltor) and I have to confess that I despised every single second shooting that Braton, i don't know if it was the sound or the overall feel of the weapon.

Being a weapon that dates from the closed beta ages it needs a complete aesthetic and sound overhaul!

GIVE BRATON SOME LOVE!

The Braton or the MK1-Braton?

My bad, I meant the MK1-Braton. Especially because that's the weapon new players are going to stick with for a long time. And trust me, it's going to get in your nerves.

Despite having the same design, the Braton having increased fire rate saves it in some way (must be the sound being played faster).

Edited by Ryujen

I think it sounds fine but i agree with you that it could use a new look. Would like to see a look that makes it look more like a tenno weapon. Right now it looks more like a Corpus weapon which is probaly why some people think its a Corpus weapon. It would also be nice if the Lex recieved a new look.

EDIT: Thought the OP meant the Braton not the MK1-Braton. Still if the MK1-Braton gets one the Braton should also get one since they use the same model.

Edited by Septin

I think that they should make the MK1-Braton a totally tutorial weapon without modification possibilities and they should premod it for the player as a tutorial to introduce modding. The MK1-Braton was never a "good" weapon. In my eyes, the MK1-Braton is like a  wooden sword, it is a sword but a metal sword would do the job better.

I think that they should make the MK1-Braton a totally tutorial weapon without modification possibilities and they should premod it for the player as a tutorial to introduce modding. The MK1-Braton was never a "good" weapon. In my eyes, the MK1-Braton is like a  wooden sword, it is a sword but a metal sword would do the job better.

you can mod it to battle high tire enemies tho...

You don't get the point....Being a starting weapon, the MK1-Braton must have a fresh new look, because new players are going to be firing it more than a thousand times before jumping to a new weapon, and the Braton has the same design so it doesn't solve anything...

I think it sounds fine but i agree with you that it could use a new look. Would like to see a look that makes it look more like a tenno weapon. Right now it looks more like a Corpus weapon which is probaly why some people think its a Corpus weapon. It would also be nice if the Lex recieved a new look.

EDIT: Thought the OP meant the Braton not the MK1-Braton. Still if the MK1-Braton gets one the Braton should also get one since they use the same model.

The Braton and MK1-Braton are weapons that were manufactured by the Corpus for Tenno use. So of course it'll look like a Corpus weapon, it is a Corpus weapon after all.

The Braton could use a different look from the MK1, though, to differentiate, and attract beginners to it, if they're unwilling to make the MK1 more interesting of a weapon for beginners.

This is the way the most players react to the Braton/Mk1 Braton/Braton Prime: Beginning of the game where you are first learning to play you use the MK1. Once you realize it sucks, you start to save up for your 2nd rifle, usually the Burston. Then you get better and better, and you forget about the Mk1 Braton altogether. But then you see it in your inventory one day and decide to try it out again. SUPRISE!! It still sucks. But now you are thinking about it. Then you go experimenting with the regular braton, and maybe even go farming for the braton prime. And then you find out that the Braton, when modded correctly, is a very good gun. The End

Now this may seem like a stretch to you, but as soon as you start wanting mastery points you will see the good in the Braton. I agree, the Mk1 Braton sucks, but the Regular and the Prime are very good. After two forma, my Braton Prime is my favorite gun, better than the soma or the Ogris.

New Players don't need the perfect gun right off the bat. The Mk1 forces them to explore, and go out beyond their comfort zone.

PS: It also usually shows who is a noob and who is not, based on who is using it.

TL;DR

The Mk1 Braton is the starting weapon, not suppose to be a viable weapon for higher levels.

EDIT: goofed the spoiler

Edited by Liverslices

The Mk1 Braton is the starting weapon, not suppose to be a viable weapon for higher levels.

It is your first, free newbie gun.

In that role it performs admirably, especially post-U11.

I actually have nothing against the functionality of the MK-1 Braton or its stats, I understand its a starting weapon and therefore it has to suck.

However, what I am proposing is to make the weapon more bearable for new players by changing its looks and perhaps its sound,

I want to go back and think  "yea that weapon sure sucked, but I'd like to keep it for the emotional value".

I mean, EVERY SINGLE warframe player has went through that weapon before getting another one....if that's the case, why not try to make it grow on the player as the weapon that served him as an introduction to the game? 

I think that they should make the MK1-Braton a totally tutorial weapon without modification possibilities and they should premod it for the player as a tutorial to introduce modding.

I like where this is going, but its shouldn't restrict player interaction much, i don't like hand holding. Kudos

Edited by Ryujen