Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Emotes

spysweeper242

So I SHERLOCK GNOMES, have come up with a rather funny idea. If you go to the chat help page (/?) you can find emotes that will make you do what it implies. Here are some prototypes:

/Dance

/Cry

/Flex

/Flirt

/Rude gesture

/taunt (nananah boo boo!)

/Emo

/back flip 

/transmission <message> makes you send a transmission to a player like a boss

/Fart

/Sneeze

/dramatic

/scare 1,2 and3

Scare one will show a realistic hologram of stalker, Scare two will make you look like a grineer bombard for a second and youll do the come at me bro gesture for 5 seconds. Finnally scare 3 will make you disappear in a cloud of smoke. 

I will also make dual player emotes which will send a request to the player to do it

/kiss

/Slow dance

/80s dance

/human tower

/hug

/wave

/handshake

So, that's a concept that I think should me implemented into game by

BOB NOOBY

SHERLOCK GNOMES
REPLY FOR FARTING!

I've heard that DE thinks there is no place for emotes in this game. I for one disagree.

I would like to see emotes added to this game and there are a number of scenarios where they could be used. For example, sitting at extraction while waiting for someone, between waves in defense, and of course the most practical place: in the dojo. 

There doesn't have to be as many as you listed, but even just a few would be nice. 

I've heard that DE thinks there is no place for emotes in this game. I for one disagree.

I would like to see emotes added to this game and there are a number of scenarios where they could be used. For example, sitting at extraction while waiting for someone, between waves in defense, and of course the most practical place: in the dojo. 

There doesn't have to be as many as you listed, but even just a few would be nice. 

Finally hey ture believer you believe in  FARTS .!- stan lee

why not for all you know tenno could have horrible gas problems why not be able to express that

By that logic, washrooms should be added to the dojo. But that would require eating first. Why not add a kitchen with an /eat emote also. 

Sarcasm aside, 

No. That would take all the seriousness of the tenno away. I like them seeming emotionless, cause it makes them mysterious.

This is a valid point. 

One one hand these would make the Tenno less emotionless and mysterious, but on the other hand I could totally picture each Warframe having a different variation on some of these gestures, at least some of the less silly ones. As others have said, might work best if they only worked within Dojos, though I could totally picture a high-five or dopeslap emote working during a mission.

One one hand these would make the Tenno less emotionless and mysterious, but on the other hand I could totally picture each Warframe having a different variation on some of these gestures, at least some of the less silly ones. As others have said, might work best if they only worked within Dojos, though I could totally picture a high-five or dopeslap emote working during a mission.

Then EVERYONES

EMO!

I could picture emotes being broken down into just "Positive gesture, negative gesture, positive interact, negative interact".

Gestures are quick, simple animations that can be performed during a mission, each one different for each frame, e.g. for Positive Rhino does a fist pump, Nekros crosses his arms and quietly chuckles evilly to himself, and Ember just stands straight with one hand on her hip and nods approvingly, while Negative does stuff like Ember facepalming, Volt looking angry and crackling with electricity, then calming back down, or Frost crossing his arms and shaking his head disapprovingly.

Interactions are similar, except they involve interacting with another Warframe and can only be performed in the Dojo. This would include such things as handshakes, high-fives, or fist bumps, or pats on the back for positive, and then things like dopeslaps, punches to the face, telekinetic grappling (think Mag) or strangulation (think Valkyr) for negative.

Not too serious about these, really, though I think just the solo Gestures might be more plausible.

I could picture emotes being broken down into just "Positive gesture, negative gesture, positive interact, negative interact".

Gestures are quick, simple animations that can be performed during a mission, each one different for each frame, e.g. for Positive Rhino does a fist pump, Nekros crosses his arms and quietly chuckles evilly to himself, and Ember just stands straight with one hand on her hip and nods approvingly, while Negative does stuff like Ember facepalming, Volt looking angry and crackling with electricity, then calming back down, or Frost crossing his arms and shaking his head disapprovingly.

Interactions are similar, except they involve interacting with another Warframe and can only be performed in the Dojo. This would include such things as handshakes, high-fives, or fist bumps, or pats on the back for positive, and then things like dopeslaps, punches to the face, telekinetic grappling (think Mag) or strangulation (think Valkyr) for negative.

Not too serious about these, really, though I think just the solo Gestures might be more plausible.

I like they way you think

Youd be perfect for my kam I kazi project......