Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno, Combine Your Powers! Or Warframe Tactics Discussed

Alkelei

All Warframes have their abilities. Players can use them to good effect on the field of battle, particularly regarding the Team dynamic.

For example:

Shield Polarize - reduces or eliminates enemy shields, and detonates them for multiple times that amount, as well as restoring teammates, cryopod, and MD terminal shields.

thanks Crimson_King256 for pointing out an error

Bullet Attractor - creates a bubble around an enemy which draws incoming fire to its center, damaging the enemy. Initially, its good for spraying with bullets without worrying about accuracy, but it also has more ingenuous uses, such as prevent a high damage enemy like the Heavy Gunner from attacking a pod, or even using it to protect the pod by using it on a tanky enemy near the pod, causing them to absorb all incoming damage.

Molecular Prime - slows enemies and causes them to take double damage. Usefulness is obvious.

Antimatter Drop - Creates a particle of antimatter that explodes on contact. It absorbs incoming damage and adds it to the explosion. Teammates can fire upon the particle, adding to its damage.

Anyway, these are a few abilities with teamwork based benefits that are easy to imagine. However, there are also ways to combine powers, not only of the same warframe, to get even more interesting, useful, or damaging effects.

Examples:

Molecular Prime + Shield Polarize

Lots and lots of damage. First, MP makes enemies take more damage. SP depletes their shields, exposing them to even more damage, then turns the depleted shield amount into explosions, which do double damage to enemies. Assuming they are not all killed, the dying enemies then explode, causing more damage and more explosions. Need I say more?

Bullet Attractor + Radial Javelin

This is easy. Use Bullet Attractor, have Excalibur stand inside the bubble and use Radial Javelin, and BAM! thousands of damage. Great for bosses and heavy enemies, as well, because it prevents them from firing on you, as well as making it damage itself. I haven't tried it, but Ash's Shuriken might also be interesting to try with this, because throwing knives and other such things do double damage with BA, and he throws two of them. Correct me if I'm wrong here...

Link + Blessing + Tower Defense Lasers

Link reflects 100% of incoming damage to enemies, and gives you 75%. With blessing, you are invincible. If you are linked to dozens of enemies and you are hit by a laser,  they take 100% of that damage and you take none. While this isn't a shared Warframe tactic, it is a combined power use. Incidentally, link also reflects friendly fire.

Switch Teleport + Rhino Stomp

Ok, I shamelessly stole this from on of DE's videos, but seriously, why couldn't it work? Or at least, why wouldn't it be fun as heck to do? Style points... It might work better if Loki were invisible though.

Roar + Anything

I do not know for certain whether Roar affects Warframe abilities, but assuming it does, then it can be used right before another warframe does something and BAM! that's another at least 50% damage on top of it.

Wormhole + Rhino Stomp

So why not use Wormhole to strategically place another Warframe for a devastating attack> If Loki can bring you there, Nova can send you there more safely.

Bounce + Wormhole

Quite lacking in actual physical testing, but what if Nova used a bounce to achieve a good vantage point, and then used Wormhole to travel from there, avoiding a lot of hooey in between. Of course, this would be more useful outside than inside, but the whole team could travel quite a distance this way.

Molecular Prime + Chaos

Essentially, just Chaos on steroids. Watch the enemy blow eachother to hell, its hilarious. The leftovers duke it out and you just mop up the blood. credit xShadowsaur

Edit:

Molecular Prime + Anything

Kicks &#!

Tesla + Dethcube

Floating box of lightning and lead rain. credit Diquad

More importantly, attaching Teslas to anything (or anyone) is a valid tactic. Rhino is a good example of this, as his rhino charge would expose vast amount of enemies to Vauban's crackling nipples of Doom. Excalibur with slash dash, same thing. Really, though, It would be awesome to see a rhino infested with Teslas charging into battle with Iron Skin and Scindo flailing like the hammer of Thor.

Vortex + Antimatter Drop

Suck them all in, and hit them all in one shot. Don't forget to charge the Antimatter Drop with as much friendly fire as you can stuff in it. credits W4RH3AD

Bastille/Rhino Stomp + Shadows of the Dead

Hold them still while Nekros kills them, then resurrects them as minions.

Blessing + Well of Life + Energy Vampire (requires two trinity's)

One Trinity is modded for max duration, the other for minimum. The one with Max duration casts well of life on an enemy. The other casts Energy Vampire and the Max stands within range and casts blessing. When well of life expires, recast it and energy vampire. This should replenish both Trinity's energy and allow them to maintain Blessing indefinitely.

So I wracked my brain to come up with some of these. Please post more ideas, and I will add them to the list. Also, please critique the ones which are already there, particularly if they really don't work. Some of these moves, though, would require some good coordination, so don't disparage it simply because it would be hard. With practice, it just might develop into something useful. I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Edited by Alkelei

Rhino Stomp (assuming they survive) + World on Fire / Overheat.

Have a Rhino stomp, dudes are stuck in stasis, oh noooo mannnn. Ember walks around the guys and they burn. yay

Blade Storm + Molecular Prime

Nova throws out an M Prime woooooo. Ash, gets a stab, kills everything. dont forget Nova gets all the credit.

Shield Polarize - reduces or eliminates enemy shields, and detonates them for that same amount, as well as restoring teammates, cryopod, and MD terminal shields.

LOL. It does multiple times damage for the amount of shield drained.