The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most Fabulously Awesome Thing In The History Of Anime, Ever, No Contest

TheThreadWeaver

Allow me to break down what you just saw, because I'm pretty sure it BLEW YOUR FREAKIN' MIND.

FIRST, a golden-tinted man in spandex and a headband, standing on top of a giant robot, confesses his love to a girl trapped within ANOTHER even larger robot as fires rage in the background. So great is the power of his confession that it triggeres not only an orchestral swell, but also shatters the steel shell that was encasing the woman and catapults her, naked and sparkling, across a mile of burning wasteland towards him.

He proceeds to leap another mile into the air, wrapping her in his cape which he somehow fashions into a dress for her offscreen as they spin through the air, defying physical laws as they return back to his giant robot. At that very moment the OTHER robot screams at them, apparently trying to get that booty back. I wouldn't know. I'm not a giant robot. Yet.

Upon landing, the happy couple goes through an improvised yet perfectly-synced Action Pose / dance routine, culminating in them firing off an energy blast powered by Love and some kind of Space God King. Holy Sugar. So great was the force of this blast that it goes clean through the Giant Enemy Mech, leaving behind a hole shaped like a Mother Fudging Heart, all while Protagonist Music plays in the background. Sweet Mother of God.

BUT IT GETS BETTER. Because apparently this was all happening inside of another, EVEN BIGGER ROBOT, IN OUTER SPACE. OUTER. SPACE.

The robot proceeds to explode because this is a MAN'S show (HECK YEAH! FOOTBALL! WOOOOOO!). And I don't mean some little piddly kaboom. I mean a giganuclear blast so sexy, it causes five *@##$es perfectly respectable women who I'm sure have rich and fulfilling lives to orgasm at the sight of it. Because somewhere out there exists a Japanese version of Michael Bay.

Then the Multinational Space Planeteers, each in their own giant robots, fly out of the cosmic crucible of the blast radius and, in perfect unison, turn to cry out the Protagonist's name.

ONLY FOR THE PROTAGONIST TO EMERGE FROM THE DESSICATED SKULL OF HIS ADVERSARY ASTRIDE A GIANT ROBOTIC UNICORN, HOLDING HIS WOMAN IN HIS ARMS. SWEET CHOCOLATE SANTA, THAT'S A BEAUTIFUL SENTENCE.

And then he just freakin' nods to them. Because they know. They freaking know.

Hot damn, I love G Gundam.

Ok. What? I thought you slipped into exaggeration halfway through.

But every single word you spoke was the gospel's own ineffable truth. That is in-eff-able.

Mind blown as advertised. Well played, thread weaver. Well. Played.

Edited by Rajko

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Oh yeah, sure. Jump on the Gurren Lagann bandwagon. Take the easy way out.

Bunch of sheeple is what you are.

Harrumph >_>

(Yeah, I know Gurren Lagann is awesome. I agree that, Nostalgia goggles aside, it is probably more awesome, if awesome is a value that can be measured through devices. But that's just it. This isn't about which one is the most Awesome. This is about which is the most Fabulously Awesome. And did you see that Technicolor Energy King? So Fabulous.)

Oh yeah, sure. Jump on the Gurren Lagann bandwagon. Take the easy way out.

Bunch of sheeple is what you are.

Harrumph >_>

(Yeah, I know Gurren Lagann is awesome. I agree that, Nostalgia goggles aside, it is probably more awesome, if awesome is a value that can be measured through devices. But that's just it. This isn't about which one is the most Awesome. This is about which is the most Fabulously Awesome. And did you see that Technicolor Energy King? So Fabulous.)

Easy? If i wanted easy i'd go with the ultimate battle of Cowboy Bebop. No enhancements no magic no super science. One of the most hardcore battles in ANIME. Utterly insane and very well done. Or if you wanna get real deep into it. Try the Iria Series or Kashan or Venus Wars.

Fabulously gets trumped by raw awesome factor.

And given any given episode of TTGL had a moment THAT good I say BLEH! :P

Easy? If i wanted easy i'd go with the ultimate battle of Cowboy Bebop. No enhancements no magic no super science. One of the most hardcore battles in ANIME. Utterly insane and very well done.

Agreed.

Fabulously gets trumped by raw awesome factor.

Post scientific evidence from a credible source or I won't believe you : (

I dunno man.

We're talking about a bunch of giant galaxy-sized super robots throwing whole galaxies at each other. Mikoto's got some extremely stiff competition here, like an ant vs a planet competition.

I'd rather have Mikoto using her railgun with awesome music in the background.

Also, I don't like robots.

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't watch anime? 'Cause I really feel out of place :/

I actually used to hate Animes once too, but then someone convinced me to watch Hellsing Ultimate.

I was pretty impressed, so I was asking what similar things there are, and he showed me Elfen Lied.

After these, I started to look for new Animes to watch by myself.

A few years have passed, and now I'm here.