Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats With All The Weapons

capia

Care to explain why you laugh about the truth?

You expect me to be a walking Wikipedia? Heck, I do not know every single weapon's strong points one mere week after damage 2.0 yet. 
Geez.

Maybe because I'm damn right.

Well, you were being a jerk about it. It's actually become less about you than an apparent reflection on the maturity of the Warframe community.  

And if you make the claim that every weapon has worth, you should probably back it up by knowing the worth of every weapon or being able to go and assess that worth from the wiki. As it stands, some weapons are just plain weak/inferior regardless of any favourable qualities they may have. 

Also skill hardly relates to weapon knowledge. He could pull off a wallrun 360 no scope to a target 50 metres away and still not understand why tainted mag is bad for his Vectis. 

Yeah, but robotics aren't flesh. Which means there's a tradeoff - do more damage against crewmen, or do more damage against robotics.

Magnetic and Slash is a good combination. Magnetic is good against the shields that all Corpus have but for their health Magnetic is also good against the robots while Slash is good against the crew. The mix gives you at least 1 bonus damage against everything you encounter on a Corpus mission.

Because of the F2P nature of the game combined with the unfinished state, they are allready going through the players who come for a time, pay and go away again. So they are more dependent on those who stay longer. These people need a new carrot in front of their eyes regulary.

Its F2P, the whole point is that people join all the time. As the game is fairly new there are probably 2 people joining for every 1 that leaves.

let me start by saying weapons are cool but seems a slew of weapons are coming out now and I got to say some are next to useless in my opinion, lets say the miter bought it a when it came out and thought was going to be an awesome weapon total crap and with the new armor system seems a lot of the ones I used a potatoe on are now useless. why not have some quest where the reward is a great weapon instead of a slew of bad ones.  On a good note great game as long as it doesn't end up being about sales instead of fun.

No, variety is good. I hope they keep on adding more and more weapons cus its totally cool with me.

Edited by Pirate_Shark

You're really going to point out the first secondary weapon you get in the game doesn't have a strong point?

Anyway, thanks to 2.0 many weapons have become very viable now, and they do all indeed have certain strong points. The last few weapons that were released - Cerna and Magnum - have high Impact damage. This means they're very strong against Corpus, whereas other weapons of their type don't have high Impact damage, thus aren't normally viable against corpus.

Think about it.

Bows: Cerna = Impact, Paris = Puncture, Dread = Slash.

Revolvers: Magnum = Impact, Lex = Puncture, Vasto = Slash.

Get it now?

Yep I got it, DE wants you to forma up 3 weapons to max now instead of 1 per category.

You see, when you say that some weapons are now useless and total crap, I'm calling you right out on using the wrong mod configuration.  Damage 2.0 has actually made every weapon viable with the exception of some weapons (mainly some Corpus ones which I needn't mention) that will be complete garbage no matter how much the system is tweaked.  Aside from the obvious weapons that need major fixing, I've yet to run into a weapon in my inventory that has been "total crap" or has been "useless".  Lastly, I'm sure you think this way too, just because every weapon isn't as powerful as (insert power creep weapon name), doesn't  mean it is bad.

Yep I got it, DE wants you to forma up 3 weapons to max now instead of 1 per category.

3 weapons per category means 3 slots per category. 3 slots per weapon category means you must buy platinum is you wanna have primary, secondary and melee for every faction.

Profit numbs the feeling. Alad V teachings are strong in DE.