Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats With All The Weapons

capia

Grineer are considered both Armor and Flesh. Since Armor has no negative impact against Slash, it's still viable against them - it just won't do any extra damage. I took my old MK-1 braton (without mods of course) into a Mercury mission. Killed in about 4 or so shots, even less if you headshot.

It's rare, especially in Mercury, and doesn't do alot of bleed damage anyway. You'd have to be standing out in the open for a long time for it to actually proc against you alot.

You need to keep in mind it's trough shield and low level frames won't have that much health.

You need to keep in mind it's trough shield and low level frames won't have that much health.

Bleed proc does 1 damage per second over the course of about 10 seconds tops low level. Seeing as how rare that proc is in Mercury, I think low level frames will survive.

Infact, I finally made a Loki a few days ago, and with all my new frames I took him to Vor. I used my newly made Aklex as my "primary" weapon, and brought my low level Vectis. Certainly a tough fight, but I didn't die once, the bleed procs weren't harsh nor consistent enough to be a worry, and I completed the whole mission without needing to heal myself (though I did pick up some red health orbs).

let me start by saying weapons are cool but seems a slew of weapons are coming out now and I got to say some are next to useless in my opinion, lets say the miter bought it a when it came out and thought was going to be an awesome weapon total crap and with the new armor system seems a lot of the ones I used a potatoe on are now useless. why not have some quest where the reward is a great weapon instead of a slew of bad ones.  On a good note great game as long as it doesn't end up being about sales instead of fun.

Miter improved. Stick a mod that increases slash damage on it. Then use it on enemies weak against slash. The thing ROCKS... Just rapid fire it, no need to charge it.

let me start by saying weapons are cool but seems a slew of weapons are coming out now and I got to say some are next to useless in my opinion, lets say the miter bought it a when it came out and thought was going to be an awesome weapon total crap and with the new armor system seems a lot of the ones I used a potatoe on are now useless. why not have some quest where the reward is a great weapon instead of a slew of bad ones.  On a good note great game as long as it doesn't end up being about sales instead of fun.

Put bleeding damage on a miter.

Bullet Attractor on enemy miniboss.

Good times.

Well, the way it looks to me judging by what i see from livestreams and the general development of the game.

Digital Extremes has a relative large and productive art and design team.

Because of the F2P nature of the game combined with the unfinished state, they are allready going through the players who come for a time, pay and go away again. So they are more dependent on those who stay longer. These people need a new carrot in front of their eyes regulary.

So the art and design team are constantly producing new content, both to keep the development going and to give them a purpose, while the coders and programmers are still occupied with finishing the damn game itself. Therefor there is not enough time to balance all these weapons and there is a large amount of weapons the game does not really need.

So true weapon balance can only be achieved in the years after the game's official release.

Edited by Othergrunty

Lato is good for making Bolto.

And Bolto is good for making Akbolto.

Akbolto sucks compared to Gremlins.

I am sad.

You do realize that Akboltos have more than twice as much puncture damage than the twin gremlins, making them far superior against the grineer?

Welcome to Damage 2.0.

You do realize that Akboltos have more than twice as much puncture damage than the twin gremlins, making them far superior against the grineer?

Welcome to Damage 2.0.

yep. I have seen this personally.

Akbolto slow, but more damage on grineer

Gremlin fast, but less damage.

ok I already did have it, and the newest bow is ok still a little slow imo but way better still think a lot of the weapons where not that good and that a weapon that would be like an epic weapon threw some kind of quest would be nice. see how some of the weapons stack up against harder mobs. using torid right now pretty darn good and the new magnus and lecta tend to leave old weapons on the shelf and looking for real dmg.  anyways use what you like just my opinion.

was that last statement really needed

what an &#!

Partially though it is true. If we only look for the best, we never learn to be the best because we never really challenged ourselves to beat ourselves. This is with many games where the pro players are good, no matter what challenge you give them. Average players are formed when they know the game and know the best tools but never really know the game inside-out which requires the usage and self challenging with the not so good tools. When you do challenge yourself, you learn how all the mechanics of that tool and you know how to most effectively use it to your advantage.

You also know that if we have, let's say a best gun in the game in our hands but it has run out of ammo, you see the worst gun in the game on the floor so you pick it up. Average player has poor or moderate success with it due to relatively low experience with the said gun. Above average to pro can be almost just as devastating as he/she is with the best guns in the game because he/she knows how to use it most effectively.

Yeah, it is the harsh truth and truth hurts. Maybe there is a more polite way to express the same thing but ultimately he is correct. Now when it comes to viability, there are guns that are clearly not as good as others, being overshadowed in raw stats by pretty much every aspect. It doesn't mean that those guns are bad, in fact they are the guns that are overlooked by most players because they can not recognize the true potential the gun has due to inexperience with said gun. I personally never judge a gun until I have learned it inside-out and while I say a gun such as Lato is not very good, it doesn't mean it is useless or it couldn't be effective, it only means that the gun is not as good as others in my opinion.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

So, the PS4 kiddie crowd has arrived?

the Trolling have gone from bad to worse latly,..

I took a look through the PS4 forum and it was actually far less idiotic than the average in the PC equivalent.

Also, PS4 players have "(PS4)" in their usernames, you complete twit.

I took a look through the PS4 forum and it was actually far less idiotic than the average in the PC equivalent.

Also, PS4 players have "(PS4)" in their usernames, you complete twit.

We have bigger player base on PC. So, there is more idiotic stuff here. Just wait for month or two, PS4 will be on the same idiotic level as PC.

Funniest thing I heard all day, thanks.

Care to explain why you laugh about the truth?

Ok, what are Ballistica and Dual Ether Blades good for?

You expect me to be a walking Wikipedia? Heck, I do not know every single weapon's strong points one mere week after damage 2.0 yet. 
Geez.

How this crap got 37 upvotes, I'll never know.

Maybe because I'm damn right.