Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats With All The Weapons

capia

let me start by saying weapons are cool but seems a slew of weapons are coming out now and I got to say some are next to useless in my opinion, lets say the miter bought it a when it came out and thought was going to be an awesome weapon total crap and with the new armor system seems a lot of the ones I used a potatoe on are now useless. why not have some quest where the reward is a great weapon instead of a slew of bad ones.  On a good note great game as long as it doesn't end up being about sales instead of fun.

let me start by saying weapons are cool but seems a slew of weapons are coming out now and I got to say some are next to useless in my opinion, lets say the miter bought it a when it came out and thought was going to be an awesome weapon total crap and with the new armor system seems a lot of the ones I used a potatoe on are now useless. why not have some quest where the reward is a great weapon instead of a slew of bad ones.  On a good note great game as long as it doesn't end up being about sales instead of fun.

None of the old "great" weapons became useless with 2.0, but many of the not-so-good weapons got a lot better.

I have trouble keeping up as well to be honest.

I Love the weapons in the game! I love how many different type and style and design are there, its really unique compared to other games.

But to lvl them up and decice which one should I keep -for this process, I agree there are too many of them coming out-.

Learn to adapt to damage 2.0. Every weapon has strong points, if you don't see them you have no actual skill as player.

The Dual Ethers used to ignore armor. Not anymore. They are now just a stereotypical longsword + shortsword combo that deal mostly Slash damage. If it dealt 15 Slash, 15 Puncture and 0 Impact, it'd still be similar to how it was before, but nope.

Just an example, really. There are probably others.

was that last statement really needed

what an &#!

You're calling me an &#! because I point out that people cannot use weapons correctly? Sir, I think you need to think about your comment before clicking "Post".

Lato disagrees with you.

I have no problems using a Lato. Slash damage is pretty good vs Infested. Low proc chance, I know.

Lato disagrees with you.

You're really going to point out the first secondary weapon you get in the game doesn't have a strong point?

Anyway, thanks to 2.0 many weapons have become very viable now, and they do all indeed have certain strong points. The last few weapons that were released - Cerna and Magnum - have high Impact damage. This means they're very strong against Corpus, whereas other weapons of their type don't have high Impact damage, thus aren't normally viable against corpus.

Think about it.

Bows: Cerna = Impact, Paris = Puncture, Dread = Slash.

Revolvers: Magnum = Impact, Lex = Puncture, Vasto = Slash.

Get it now?

You're really going to point out the first secondary weapon you get in the game doesn't have a strong point?

Anyway, thanks to 2.0 many weapons have become very viable now, and they do all indeed have certain strong points. The last few weapons that were released - Cerna and Magnum - have high Impact damage. This means they're very strong against Corpus, whereas other weapons of their type don't have high Impact damage, thus aren't normally viable against corpus.

Think about it.

Bows: Cerna = Impact, Paris = Puncture, Dread = Slash.

Revolvers: Magnum = Impact, Lex = Puncture, Vasto = Slash.

Get it now?

All you need is blast/corrosive against Grineer, Magnetic/fire for corpus and straight fire for infested. Weapon doesn't matter that much. Also bows are all garbage.

All you need is blast/corrosive against Grineer, Magnetic/fire for corpus and straight fire for infested. Weapon doesn't matter that much. Also bows are all garbage.

I was explaining why each weapon stat-wise is viable to a certain enemy. I wasn't inputting any of my opinion on the matter. Besides, putting Magnetic on a weapon with Slash technically won't do as much damage as a weapon that has high Impact against Corpus. That's what I'm getting at, and that's probably what DE is trying to do.

However, adding certain elemental combos to weapons that are normally not good against a certain enemy makes it viable to said enemy - just not as much. This is a good thing: it rewards players for using variety while also letting players who love a particular weapon keep it without losing too much viability.

I was explaining why each weapon stat-wise is viable to a certain enemy. I wasn't inputting any of my opinion on the matter. Besides, putting Magnetic on a weapon with Slash technically won't do as much damage as a weapon that has high Impact against Corpus. That's what I'm getting at, and that's probably what DE is trying to do.

However, adding certain elemental combos to weapons that are normally not good against a certain enemy makes it viable to said enemy - just not as much. This is a good thing: it rewards players for using variety while also letting players who love a particular weapon keep it without losing too much viability.

But magnetic does bonus damage to shields and robots while slash does good damage to flesh. Corpus crewmen are shield and flesh.

And enemies that can proc bleed, can't forget that part.

I just noticed I read this a second page to another thread. My Wisdom tooth earned its place by breaking its neighbour Molars roots so I'm pretty high on painkillers.

Pretty much this;

troll-teeth.jpg

Edited by KONAir

None of those mean anything since new players won't last long enough to build any of those weapons when game puts you up against Armor with abysmal weapons that do Slash damage.

Grineer are considered both Armor and Flesh. Since Armor has no negative impact against Slash, it's still viable against them - it just won't do any extra damage armor-wise, but WILL do extra thanks to Flesh. I took my old MK-1 braton (without mods of course) into a Mercury mission. Killed in about 4 or so shots, even less if you headshot.

And enemies that can proc bleed, can't forget that part.

It's rare, especially in Mercury, and doesn't do alot of bleed damage anyway. You'd have to be standing out in the open for a long time for it to actually proc against you alot.

I just noticed I read this a second page to another thread. My Wisdom tooth earned its place by breaking its neighbour Molars roots so I'm pretty high on painkillers.

...ouch.

Edit: Made a woops. Slash DOES do extra damage to Grineer thanks to Flesh, but doesn't do any extra to Armor.

Edited by SoulEchelon