Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Lanka Nerfed?

Soaron

I don't know... my fave sniper rifle just doesn't feel the same way anymore.

Maybe it has to do with the Damage 2.0 and my build just isn't working the same way anymore.

And the stats still show that (---) for critical... I just feel like I don't even know what's going on with this weapon anymore. And the scope still makes it just a bit more painful to aim. They should copy the Vulkar's style of scope.. that one is actually well done and actually will aid you in getting a better shot. The Lanka scope just makes it harder, actually!

Here's a video that now I might recall as the Old Days, when I was flowing with this rifle, just enjoying the pace it offers so much. It might be a time to put Lanka on the shelf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6q0VeIh6qI'>

The lanka does pure electricity damage now

To regain its armor piercing trait from 1.0, just slap on the Toxic damage mod to make it do pure corrosive damage, great against grineer

You can also slap on ice rounds on the lanka to make it shoot magnetic damage, deadly against Corpus

Will Metal Auger and Shred's punch through still work? I used to be able to get 2 grineer with one shot, not sure if that works anymore. Also, is there any reason to add critical mods to it? What's going on with that NULL crit percentage?

Will Metal Auger and Shred's punch through still work? I used to be able to get 2 grineer with one shot, not sure if that works anymore. Also, is there any reason to add critical mods to it? What's going on with that NULL crit percentage?

I believe that the Lanka still can get 2 enemies in one shot due to Split Chamber. That being said, Punch Through does work. Add Point Strike and Vital Sense for the critical mods since they massively increase the damage per shot without any drawbacks. I would not recommend Hammer Shot because other mods are better.

The missing critical percentage is related to the UI.

puncture mods are still working and lanka still has the 20% crit chance

Lanka does crit. Have it myself and with a max crit chance, it seems to crit around half the time it fires.

The stats shown in game are not correct

On the wiki, it states the Lanka has a 20% crit chance, 1.5x crit damage multiplier

Also has a 25% chance to cause status

I believe that the Lanka still can get 2 enemies in one shot due to Split Chamber. That being said, Punch Through does work. Add Point Strike and Vital Sense for the critical mods since they massively increase the damage per shot without any drawbacks. I would not recommend Hammer Shot because other mods are better.

The missing critical percentage is related to the UI.

Hammer Shot > Vital sense on the Lanka, (IMO) Since it gives 40% extra proc chance. This means instead of 25% proc chance you get 35%. That gets 2 chances to fire off if you're running split chamber so you'll notice heaps of status procs if you run hammer shot instead. This is especially useful if you add blast, gas, or add more electric damage to the Lanka as it's massive damage will hit multiple opponents.

I haven't found one gas damage mod yet, but honestly I have not been able to play that much since update 11 came out because I moved to a new city and have started a new job. In all honesty I haven't quite explored all the new possibilites of damage, am not familiar with the "Status" stat and other things. Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't had much time.

Here is a screengrab of my current build, which was working WONDERS pre Damage 2.0... I mean, it is actually still pretty beastly, but last night I tried a mission against lvl 40-48 Grineer (I assume these were like lvl 100-110 pre update 11) and this was just not cutting it. It was taking me about 3 or 4 solid shots to dipose of a regular shotgun Grineer. I remember that even really high level Grineer would be downed in at least 2 shots before... I dunno...

bcwf4G8.jpg

So this build was no match against my souped up Despair (which I'm using a combination of one step before max Hornet Strike and two steps before max Magnum Force and other stuff) which was a little dissapointing, as this Lanka was usually much more deadly than my Despair build. I mean, it took me about 2 seconds to down those Grineer with my Despair, as opposed to maybe 3 or 4 or even 5 while charging my shots and aiming with Lanka, and this is even counting that I have tried to max out the shooting speed here.

Ideas welcome.

Edited by Soaron

I haven't found one gas damage mod yet, but honestly I have not been able to play that much since update 11 came out because I moved to a new city and have started a new job. In all honesty I haven't quite explored all the new possibilites of damage, am not familiar with the "Status" stat and other things. Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't had much time.

Here is a screengrab of my current build, which was working WONDERS pre Damage 2.0... I mean, it is actually still pretty beastly, but last night I tried a mission against lvl 40-48 Grineer (I assume these were like lvl 100-110 pre update 11) and this was just not cutting it. It was taking me about 3 or 4 solid shots to dipose of a regular shotgun Grineer. I remember that even really high level Grineer would be downed in at least 2 shots before... I dunno...

bcwf4G8.jpg

So this build was no match against my souped up Despair (which I'm using a combination of one step before max Hornet Strike and two steps before max Magnum Force and other stuff) which was a little dissapointing, as this Lanka was usually much more deadly than my Despair build. I mean, it took me about 2 seconds to down those Grineer with my Despair, as opposed to maybe 3 or 4 or even 5 while charging my shots and aiming with Lanka, and this is even counting that I have tried to max out the shooting speed here.

Ideas welcome.

If it's Grineer you're looking to snipe, try to find Infested Clip, it drops from Detron Crewman (the white-suit wearing Corpus crewman on Jupiter) and Elite Crewman, who can be found on Europa now. Throw that on and it should combine with the electric damage to make Corrosive, which should make quick work of the Grineer just like the good ol' days.

Personally I'd swap it out for piercing hit, I don't know if the Lanka gains anything from it anymore since it doesn't have innate puncture damage, and even if it does the Corrosive combo is much more worth it.

P.S. Those Shotgun Troopers have crazy-high armor now, some people say they become harder to kill than heavies at some point, so killing them without corrosive damage is a nightmare now.

Personally I'd swap it out for piercing hit, I don't know if the Lanka gains anything from it anymore since it doesn't have innate puncture damage, and even if it does the Corrosive combo is much more worth it.

P.S. Those Shotgun Troopers have crazy-high armor now, some people say they become harder to kill than heavies at some point, so killing them without corrosive damage is a nightmare now.

Cool, dude! And yeah, those high lvl Shotgun Troopers were beasts! Ok, so I'm kinda relieved it's not so much my build but an armor buff on the enemies, which I always welcome. Thnx for the tips on getting the corrosive stuff, gonna look for that!

You have Shred AND Metal auger... That might be overkill.

Load a Toxin in the Auger slot and an Electrical or Heavy Caliber in the Percing hit slot.

To be perfectly blunt:

Percing hit does NOTHING for Lanka (It has no percing dmg to buff)

Rule of thumb that has been kicking behind and slaughtering EVERYTHING:

ALL Percing, Impact, Slash mods are STUPIDLY underpowered right now; may change soon.

Percing damage is not to be missunderstood for 'Punch through' Lanka (and everything else) gets it just fine

You have Shred AND Metal auger... That might be overkill.

The reason I use Shred, is because it adds to the shooting speed. I hate recharge speed, so the Shred actually gives it a really nice boost. If I only use Speed Trigger, then the recharge speed is too slow for me.

A scope on phobos:

vub4.jpg

I know it's not Lanka but same problem (do tell if Lanka is perfect and I'm wrong but I remember it being the same too) - I dunno about you but this alone kills any love... I mean the gun itself makes it hard to hit moving targets and it get's a "night-vision" like effect in a game with tremendous glow effects. That cannot end well.

Edited by K_Shiro

A scope on phobos:

vub4.jpg

I know it's not Lanka but same problem (do tell if Lanka is perfect and I'm wrong but I remember it being the same too) - I dunno about you but this alone kills any love... I mean the gun itself makes it hard to hit moving targets and it get's a "night-vision" like effect in a game with tremendous glow effects. That cannot end well.

This is making me so not enjoy using Lanka anymore (and yes, its the same scope as Snipetron V)... I mean look at the flow and rhythm I was able to achieve in my youtube link on the first post here... That was so much fun using this gun! I also feel that the scope actually takes up a few miliseconds of your time and concentration to get shots.. so I am not digging it at all. They have to change it so that you can see through fog and smoke ALA predator, via thermal imagery, or just do something where the fog and glow are completely diminshed when you see through the scope. Lanka's scope has been a big fail IMO.

Edited by Soaron

ok. but... why is overkill wrong again? :)

Because punch through won't help when you really DO need that single-target damage? You actually lose a lot of damage from a single mod slot, especially if it is an elemental mod or two. By removing a single elemental mod for Metal Auger you lose about half of your damage.

Cool, dude! And yeah, those high lvl Shotgun Troopers were beasts! Ok, so I'm kinda relieved it's not so much my build but an armor buff on the enemies, which I always welcome. Thnx for the tips on getting the corrosive stuff, gonna look for that!

My current Corrosive build, eats Grineer for breakfast, something which might be a decent starting point:

Things that you might dislike:

* Not enough charge speed

* No punch-through

* Slightly affected accuracy

* No bonus on the elemental effect

eo438TW.png

This is the same build I used to take down Lech Kril in 4.6 seconds (but some mods have been upgraded a step or two). And I will soon start working on that heavy caliber, have been neglecting it for a while. Also note that it is not that horrible on the Lanka, the larger projectiles (compared to hitscan, the projectiles are gigantic) makes them hit almost the same spot even at long ranges.

I so far have not really found anything which is good against infested, though I will be testing out Blast + Electric a bit, not sure really if the blast damage offsets the loss of damage on the base Electric damage. As for Corpus, a magnetic build should be superior (Cryo Rounds + Stormbringer), but it is not something you would want if you risk facing anything armored.

PS. If you are wondering where to get Infected Clip; it drops from corrupted lancers in the void.

Because punch through won't help when you really DO need that single-target damage? You actually lose a lot of damage from a single mod slot, especially if it is an elemental mod or two. By removing a single elemental mod for Metal Auger you lose about half of your damage.

That is a really cool build man, really destructive for sure. And yeah.. I know.. I love punch through though!!! It's so fun to get 2 targets lined up at the same time, or hitting them through the railing plate. I just find a lot of amusement in the stuff punch through can accomplish.

I'm also gonna try heavy caliber for sure. Magnum Force on Despair is amazing, it actually makes it a better weapon, you get such a beautiful spread on those things.. I wonder if you are getting some kind of Shotgun sniper blast with Heavy Caliber? I am definitely gonna try that. Fun times.

But yeah, I will work on another more damage-oriented build and share my results here. Good thing is most people agree that the Lanka scope is a fail and I hope it gets some love soon. Also, a unique model! I mean, cmon, this is Lanka, this can't be the same as the friggin' Snipetron!

Edited by Soaron

Indeed, that is a problem - especially if you take into consideration that Lanka itself is rather weak/nerfed compared to other snipers. For a very modest amount of extra damage, you have to pay with a rather long charge time and a non-hitscan missile. I don't feel that's fair, considering the hardships you have to overcome to get one of these guns.

Lanka is obviously a corpus railgun/coilgun, it was even described as one by DE I think, so In my opinion it would be basic to make it behave like the railgun moa's cannon. I mean both the punch-through and the graphical effect since the current shot looks... weak. It's like a small drop of shiny spit. Sry but looks utterly weak while it should be one hellball of raging destruction.

And while we at there, Enemy sense mod could be turned into something like the "scanner", meaning in every X seconds you get a glimpse of enemies within range, even through walls. That and a penetrating lanka could do wonders.

I had a similar thought on enemy sense; but I followed it up with a few more thoughts:

Sonar should let the WHOLE team see where all pinged targets are as red orbs; this means while AWESOME it won't be mega overpowered as you'll still have to guess which red pings are bodies, which are alive (easy if their moving) and where the head/weak-point is.

Enemy sense: basically the same as Thief's wit (just with bad guys) Naturally this stacks well with sonar

Enemy Radar: Remains the same as is; it does as it says; puts mobs on radar. If you are a Nyx using Chaos, or a Nova using Molecular Prime... You really don't need much more.