Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Pellets Need To Be Changed Back

Bebeness

I'm not a really big fan of shotguns or burst pistols (even though, yeah, the Brakk is amazing), but my bf brought it to my attention that the way multishot works now isn't an increased number of pellets, it's an increased amount inside a single pellet? Meaning, even if I have max multishot, my shotgun will only shoot 4 pellets or so, but each individual pellet will deal more damage if it hits -- as if the enemy were being hit by extra pellets?

That's how he explained it to me, anyway. And he showed me how, when shooting a wall, his Brakk and his Tigris only make 2-4 holes even though he had max Hells Chamber and Barrel Diffusion/Lethal Torrent. Seems wrong. I'm guessing this was added so increasing the spread of shotguns hurts more? Since missing with one bullet is way worse now than it was? But that's a bummer. We've both remarked in the past that we like the shotgun mechanics in Warframe, because we play other games like Payday 2 (where the shotgun mechanics are teeerrible.) But we liked that every pellet did an amount of damage and every pellet mattered. I remember with my 180% multishot Brakk spraying bullets all over the wall, now only 4?

I guess it's not a need, other people may like how it is, but it seems like a step back and not realistic at all. In a game about space ninjas, its all about realism, isn't it?

Ah well, that's my two cents on the issue. It affects him more because he likes those kinds of weapons, so I'm writing it for him, cause he's disappointed and he told me writing this wouldn't do anything. Wrote it anyway. Ha.

Efficiency. But I would like the option to tweak that as I want. 

I miss the wall of pellets the brakk would put out. 

I like the Pellet spam though

as do i b/c its allows me and others to see the dmg they do and feel like a god instead of seeing 1 or 2 number and thinking ur shooting slugs shots and feel weak

I'm not a really big fan of shotguns or burst pistols (even though, yeah, the Brakk is amazing), but my bf brought it to my attention that the way multishot works now isn't an increased number of pellets, it's an increased amount inside a single pellet? Meaning, even if I have max multishot, my shotgun will only shoot 4 pellets or so, but each individual pellet will deal more damage if it hits -- as if the enemy were being hit by extra pellets?

That's how he explained it to me, anyway. And he showed me how, when shooting a wall, his Brakk and his Tigris only make 2-4 holes even though he had max Hells Chamber and Barrel Diffusion/Lethal Torrent. Seems wrong. I'm guessing this was added so increasing the spread of shotguns hurts more? Since missing with one bullet is way worse now than it was? But that's a bummer. We've both remarked in the past that we like the shotgun mechanics in Warframe, because we play other games like Payday 2 (where the shotgun mechanics are teeerrible.) But we liked that every pellet did an amount of damage and every pellet mattered. I remember with my 180% multishot Brakk spraying bullets all over the wall, now only 4?

I guess it's not a need, other people may like how it is, but it seems like a step back and not realistic at all. In a game about space ninjas, its all about realism, isn't it?

Ah well, that's my two cents on the issue. It affects him more because he likes those kinds of weapons, so I'm writing it for him, cause he's disappointed and he told me writing this wouldn't do anything. Wrote it anyway. Ha.

Its a visual bug,i still see when i shot some crates/walls tons of holes from my Brakk and other shotguns i have....

Edited by Raijinmeister