Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma And Galatine Too Cheap For Their Effectiveness

some_random_guy_1

I applaud DE for trying to balance the soma by boosting the mastry to 6 instead of 3 for the soma, but it still has balancing issues.

I've played with friends, I've studied the gun, and I've looked at what it seems to have wrong, and what I am finding is that the gun has enough power to combat the supra and yet it costs less than a fraction of it.

I don't want the gun nerfed, I've seen the high rounds, These guns need to exist, but they shouldn't be handed over without effort. Right now the most expensive part about the gun is that it costs 8k salvage, yet I have 37k and am not at the mastery to build it on this account.

The gun's fatal flaw is that it sits in the position many op market weapons sit in, market blueprints cant have parts like dojo guns can. dojo guns can have X build-able parts in the blueprint to drive up the cost, effectively balancing the gun. But the soma does not. The supra (read the edit before commenting on supra remark) is the next leading dps behind the soma and the supra costs WELL beyond the soma in many aspects.

Soma recommendation:

I recommenda bit of a blueprint change to balance out the gun.

1: salvage-minimum 20k possibly 30k

2:plastids- 2k-3k or so

3: credits for blueprint- 40k-50k

credits to build-40k-50k

The gun itself is reasonable for being at the rank it is but the cost is still around what you might see a mastery 3 person have, which is not exactly expensive 3 mastery ranks higher.

Another weapon that NEEDS to at the very least be moved up the ladder is the galatine. The thing has the power to fight off enemies on pluto and yet it is able to be bought by people that might be half way into saturn at the latest, doing one hit kills to everything there, the galatine has no place in a mastery 3 spot, and with such a low price.

I commented on another thread about adding price, and should this sword never be nerfed, at least buff the price to stop low mastery's from obtaining this. There is no place for a multiple THOUSAND damage weapon at that point in progression.

my recommendations for Galatine:

1: mastery rank up (this is a MUST): mastery 6

2: gallium: 10

3:salvage: 10k

4: rubedo: 2k

5:alloy plate: 5k

6:blueprint cost: 40k

7:foundary cost:40k-50k

I'm not saying make the weapons weaker (like I said, I played with with a friend, I've seen how bad it gets) but for the power this thing has, it should not be so easy to get at such a low mastery, It is the melee equivalent to the soma before it was boosted to mastery 6 but both still need more cost to at least try and balance the power they have to how much it is to build them.

This might be fair to both sides of the warframe forum war on how OP these weapons are, the more end game players keep their only fair defense against that lv 60 napalm burning their rhino, and the newer players don't need to worry about everyone and their brother having these powerful weapons, at least its a start to peace, or some form of compromise.

EDIT:

These edits are for a numerous amount of things on this topic

to the people calling this a nerf and so-on so-forth

people call this a nerf, it isn't nerfing the guns, nerfing is making the guns weaker, this isnt weakening the guns, all it is doing is making it so that people cant just get these weapons with all their power without actually needing to notice the cost of some of these powerful weapons.

I'm not saying lower damage, dps, accuracy, ext, I'm saying if you do make weapons to take on pluto, don't go making them cost as much as all the other guns that have a fraction the ability, but most of the hate goes down to whining about nerfing when

A: never said nerf the guns

B: no valid reason not to increase the price of these things, considering their power. All I'm seeing from people against this is DON'T NERF, and BUFF THE ALREADY POWERFUL WEAPONS! AND people complaining about how they'd need to WORK more for the tough stuff than they do the weak stuff... all of which are obviously ridiculous.

about the supra to soma remark:

Also I'm seeing alot about my supra comment, it is just a price comparison, I could have used flux rifle, synapse, so on. all of which cost more, yet their dps is so close to the soma, and considering the forma for the research lab, blueprint and building itself, I think at that power, balance the prices.

for those of you about to comment:

before you post, go to page 2 of comments and look for the wall of replies I posted to some repeated issues, to sum up some of what was answered

-those who want it to be easy to get

-those who think that just because people already have it, the problem should just be ignored

-those who are against raising costs to weapons in general

-the talk about prime varients making the problem worse.

If you don't fall into these catagories, 1: read it anyway, and 2: if you did 1 and still have something to input that is a valid reason for whatever that has not been answered, the you are open to comment without that wall of replies coming into play.

Edited by some_random_guy_1

Soma, I would disagree, because of its mastery rank was bumped up to 6, as for the Galatine its seems fine really... I mean these are not Clan weapons and that is what we have to remember. They are both powerful weapons, but its hard enough for most people to get up to rank 6, no need to make it harder to get the weapon, so why punish them for something that they should be rewarded for?

The galatine isnt the best melee weapon in the game by a long shot, as for the requirements I suggest just bumping its mastery up to 4, thats it. Reason why I say this is that the weapon is something to open them up to higher tier's, having something to progress to more difficulty levels can very much improve their chances in higher tier missions.

Yeah it's weird that weapons like Soma and Galatine are VERY easy to acquire and then weapons like Braton Prime and Dakra Prime are hard to get but are nowhere near the effectiveness of the former.

I say bull... no offence but if you think that the Braton Prime, and the Dakra Prime are not as effective, I would say you are wrong on that, and why?

- Soma is a LMG, as for the Braton is a SMG/assult rifle class.

- Galatine and Dakra Prime are again two different classes, one is a two handed weapon, as the Dakra is a one handed sword, with a high "rate of fire". 

- Dakra prime hits faster than the Galatine.

- Braton Prime has a fast reload rate, 50 round mag, high damage for any flesh type targets, and a high rate of fire.

I just think you are using these weapons wrong if you think that they are "nowhere near the effectiveness of the former" weapons.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

I say bull... no offence but if you think that the Braton Prime, and the Dakra Prime are not as effective, I would say you are wrong on that, and why?

- Soma is a LMG, as for the Braton is a SMG/assult rifle class.

- Galatine and Dakra Prime are again two different classes, one is a two handed weapon, as the Dakra is a one handed sword, with a high "rate of fire". 

- Dakra prime hits faster than the Galatine.

- Braton Prime has a fast reload rate, 50 round mag, high damage for any flesh type targets, and a high rate of fire.

I just think you are using these weapons wrong if you think that they are "nowhere near the effectiveness of the former" weapons.

Then you're not familiar with the numbers.  The Soma outperforms the Braton Prime in so many ways it's not even funny as does the Galatine against the Dakra.  The Braton Prime and Dakra may be the best in their classes, but in terms of primary and melee, they are severely outclassed by Soma and Galatine.

Then you're not familiar with the numbers.  The Soma outperforms the Braton Prime in so many ways it's not even funny as does the Galatine against the Dakra.  The Braton Prime and Dakra may be the best in their classes, but in terms of primary and melee, they are severely outclassed by Soma and Galatine.

Just you wait, the Soma is a Tenno weapon, eventually they will release a Prime varant of it, and when people get their way with the nerf, that would be the time when all of you here would regret of doing such thing.

So instead to buff all the useless "hard-to-adquire" weapons you wanna (again)to nerf the Soma and probably the only heavy weapon(after dmg2.0) worth to be used against high lvl targets...

Really ?

OP stated multiple times that he does not want to change the weapon itself but you still go "Nerf? Really?"

I don't play the game to find the cutest or most stylish weapon. I play the game to get the strongest. I am strongly against ANY nerf to a gun and anything to do with raising the limits needed to get it. The better guns = the better it is for all of us.

Leave the gun's alone and ask for better one's if you think this is too easy. It's great for people who don't want to waste their time farming hours on end for a Prime Weapon.

Dont ask for nerfs. Ask for buffs. I sold supra looong ago. It is a disappointment.

Back then akbolto was the king of sidearms, what happened? New weapons rendered it useless. This is a cycle, a new weapon comes, it deals tons of damage and obv. op, gets nerfed to the ground, then another weapon comes. You wipe out your tears and use it.

I wish there was a way to upgrade low tier weapons... Akbolto is such a waste.

I recommend a bit of a blueprint change to balance out the gun.

1: salvage-minimum 20k possibly 30k

2:plastids- 2k-3k or so

3: credits for blueprint- 40k-50k

credits to build-40k-50k

That's still to cheap for most powerful gun in the game. The minimum price should be:

1. Orokin Cell 10

2. Neurodes 10

3. Plastids 10k

4. Circuits 10k

I play the game to get the strongest. I am strongly against (...) anything to do with raising the limits needed to get it.

So... You play to be strong but you want to achieve it right away, without any challenge?

I salute you, I'd get bored after a few days.

That's still to cheap for most powerful gun in the game. The minimum price should be:

1. Orokin Cell 10

2. Neurodes 10

3. Plastids 10k

4. Circuits 10k

15 orokin cells and no neurodes would be okay, I think.

1. Orokin Cell 10

2. Neurodes 10

3. Plastids 10k

4. Circuits 10k

Soma isn't the strongest weapon in the game.  Depending on criteria, the Supra is better.  And then of course, the Brakk and Boar Prime are the two best, period.

Soma isn't the strongest weapon in the game.  Depending on criteria, the Supra is better.  And then of course, the Brakk and Boar Prime are the two best, period.

Well soma does a great job at killing every faction though it kinda gets weird on corpus but yeah boarprime and brakk are great.

Espicially boar prime. When blast procs everything gets down and dies, though clipsize is a bit annoying

I think changing the material cost to justify their power is hardly worth it any more.  Many people have gotten them already, especially the soma before its mastery requirement raise.  

Weapons that have a greater cost should just be raised to the level of or be better situationally than the soma already.

Personally, I'd rather see the Braton Prime, Latron Prime, and Paris Prime get bumped to be in-line with the Boar Prime.  Maybe that's just me.

They are hardly usefull compared to Soma. Those weapons loses effectiveness at some point but since soma is basically a minigun,it holds it ground

I too wanted to use Braton Prime. I love my paris prime but since i run high level missions like ceres defenses. they are hardly usefull(okay not usefull)

So... You play to be strong but you want to achieve it right away, without any challenge?

I salute you, I'd get bored after a few days.

15 orokin cells and no neurodes would be okay, I think.

15 OROKIN CELLS? Are you guys crazy?! 

The weapons are good as they are, great for lazy people like me. If you want better, you can go farm Void Missions for better weapons. Leave these weapons for the new players to avoid feeling like beating bags. 

15 OROKIN CELLS? Are you guys crazy?! 

The weapons are good as they are, great for lazy people like me. If you want better, you can go farm Void Missions for better weapons. Leave these weapons for the new players to avoid feeling like beating bags. 

Void doesn't offer better weapons.

You forget that in order to make either of these weapons useful, mod farming has to take place at some time. Galatine needs nightmare charge speed and damage mods to really make it shine. Some needs crit damage multiplier to make it a high hitter as well.

Excluding mods even with standard mods galatine beats other charge weapons easily but you cant say the same for lets say Reaper prime. Galatine wins the race from the start because it has 400 charge damage from the start.

If not more powerful, they should be equal atleast. Mods doesnt mean anything if weapon has weak stats.

While powerful, I feel like the issue with Galatine is that it happens to be the only melee weapon suited for Pluto.  Uncharged melee is garbage (although at least the Dakra is shiny garbage) and even among charged, it's clear just how much of a lead the Galatine has over the Orthos Prime.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for a Galatine Prime...  I'm just imagining the balance complaints now lol.

While powerful, I feel like the issue with Galatine is that it happens to be the only melee weapon suited for Pluto.  Uncharged melee is garbage (although at least the Dakra is shiny garbage) and even among charged, it's clear just how much of a lead the Galatine has over the Orthos Prime.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for a Galatine Prime...  I'm just imagining the balance complaints now lol.

Primes are always welcome. But balance issues are making weapons boring

Prime weapons are hard to find and craft. They should be more powerful imo because,well they take like 10 orokin cells and their parts are hard to find. I still need another orthos prime blade..