Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

People actually uses ton of other weapons Ignis,Ogris,Soma,Latron Prime,Flux and many others.

But quess what?Everyone have Brakk as secondary.

People agreed that it's OP and superior to all other secondaries in the game.

That's because they each are efficient toward different enemies.

Then why not do the same to Brakk?

Ironically, despite slanting Brakk towards Impact damage, with the falloff part in play, it's efficiency towards Corpus is reduced now, since most Corpus enemies fire bullets at you.

Why not just slant it more towards Impacts damage and remove the falloff part? Tada. Now you would have a Brakk that is good against one faction and less so against others.

Edited by Cosmeo

Sorry, misunderstood the quoted post I suppose. I thought you were saying that there were no other weapons with equal distributions of impact/puncture/slash so I was rather confused.

And I agree DE has some severe issues with game design, enemy design, and balance.

I still disagree that you can call it a melee weapon though. Its range is several times larger.

Honestly, I feel like small iterative changes like this would have been better. Instead, DE likes to make "big changes" for some reason even when they aren't needed and usually overdoes it.

Umm... No. The ideal situation would be when you can have a group of ten people each arguing for their own equipment and all of them having perfectly reasonable explanations to back it up where the difference comes down to playstyle being the deciding factor. Just because you nerf a weapon doesn't mean that it has to make it un-fun.

Your final point, I agree that it would be ideal. I think I've mentioned already that I'm not complaining about nerfs being bad and such but honestly too few of these nerfs have truly been able to balance any specific weapon. By nerfing it to such degrees we are changing the basic function of weapons and quite often putting their usability into question, such as with brakk here. Edited by 10Inches

this happened, because of one thing folks, and one thing only: jealousy.

every single nerf thread, was started by, and endorsed by, people who DID NOT possess the brakk.

people didn't feel like busting their asses for 100+ missions because "its just a gun" and when that gun turned out to be beast as all get out, it went from "just a gun" to "i dont have that and it kills everything nuke it to the ground".

the ones who called for nerf after nerf thread: did not have the brakk.

lol no. I'm a proud owner of a 3-star Space Squash gun, and I agreed that this damn thing in all its vegetably glory, needed a nerf.

But the falloff nerf is quite BS, it's hitting Lancers for 7s and 6s, and like OP has said the spread increase was quite unnecessary when they already added falloff.

Shame on you DE.... Your game is going the direction of all the other games. You spend time on nerfing guns when you should be giving us more content. I have all the destinations unlocked in the Galaxy and im burned out on all the Orkin maps.   NOW WHAT?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I hope people figure out that they can make 10 email accounts and 10 Warframe accounts and trade around that free 50 platium to thier main.

On your note about the starting platinum, you are unable to use your starting platinum for trading because the system was programmed so people CAN'T do what you just said.

I think the Brakk was nerfed so that there's an actual reason to use any of the Broncos over the Brakk. Now, you can either have overall superior stats (Brakk), or no damage falloff (Bronco), not both. I still think the actual damage falloff is a bit extreme, though (not just on the Brakk, but shotguns in general).

Nope.

I didn't spend five forma on open mindedness. I spent five forma on the ONLY gun out of 124 in the game designed to do equal damage across resistance types so I could actually do alert missions without having masturbate in the goddamn weapon selection screen for fifteen minutes every goddamn alert.

And I do believe you are playing the wrong game if this is your mindset. The main point of Damage 2.0 was to make build diversity within weapons and loadouts. You are not suppose to be using one weapon for any given situation, range and faction. AND if you are using a weapon that is capable of such, I would recommend not getting too attached to it sir.

Edit: No idea why this is white...

Edited by Loubbo

Don't get me wrong, I agree that a nerf was needed for this Heavenly Squash Gun of Space Justice. But the falloff is just ridiculous, and imo there wasn't a need to touch it's Impact/Puncture/Slash ratio. My squash now deals 7s to Grineer Lancers on Kappa, please look into the falloff ranges and fix them thanks.

Indeed it was kinda needed. However DAT FALLOFF DOE.

That's because they each are efficient toward different enemies.

Then why not do the same to Brakk?

Ironically, despite slanting Brakk towards Impact damage, with the falloff part in play, it's efficiency towards Corpus is reduced now, since most Corpus enemies fire bullets at you.

Why not just slant it more towards Impacts damage and remove the falloff part? Tada. Now you would have a Brakk that is good against one faction and less so against others.

learn to let go

Look, simple Brakk nerf:

Reduce damage from 150 -> 140 to start. Gradually reduce damage with 10 point increments if still not nerfed 'sufficiently'. Stop around 120 or so and proceed to reduce accuracy and/or increase reload times.

There. Nerfed.

Damage falloff was always a terrible mechanic, especially since shotguns and shotgun-like weapons are already losing significant damage at range, so this is literally a double-whammy. It wasn't needed to balance the Hek, it isn't needed to balance the Brakk, and it literally isn't needed period.

I would just go straight for 40/40/40.

Leave it at 120.

Then no fall off.

Speaking of which, REMOVE fall off from shotties.

The only problem that i have with brak now post nerf is the new damage levels they gave him. Haveing 50/50/50 was perfect if you ask me simply cause i could modify it according to the faction i was going to fight. NOW it has more impact damage (whitch is, imo, worthless as magnetic is WAY better in any way) and less puncture. With the current mod system of 30% max increase for a specific damage  number moding it to fight grineer is gonna be a bit harder.

Sure there is corosive but that doesnt mean that damaging armor will be any easier now.

Im all for giveing the gun the damage falloff (the other shotguns had it, i never saw a reason why brakk doesnt), but the damage should of stayed the same. Its still 150, but now its more in the impact, whitch, imo is crap.

With the recent changes to the Brakk, what is a hand cannon?  You turned this weapon into another shot-gun. I envision a hand cannon to have two or three pellets per shot with no fall off damage and remains accurate. Remove the hand cannon classification if you insist on making them function like a shot-gun. Simply, the hand cannon and shot-gun function the same. You guys really disappointed me with this change, I expected more from you guys. 

Good Lord, sir. There's figuratively millions of threads out there regarding the nerf on the Brakk. Why create one more?

I understand your disappointment with the weapon, and I'm waiting just like you, with bated breath, on the response from DE. There's no need to create threads upon threads when you can see one trending right on top!

I'm glad the damage 2.0 sorted out the OP'ness of Snipetron Vandal and Strun Wraith, not sure why they made Brakk so OP with Damage 2.0 to begin with, but honestly, I was expecting a big nerf on a gun that pretty much outclassed all the weapons combined by a factor of 17,3.

Nerf all guns into the ground, screw any time anyone put into the game.  The people who pretend to have a "ethical highground" and spout bullS#&$ like, "it had to happen man, the thing was too powahfool" are just going to do it in whatever shines next.

Just don't spend money anymore on the game and de will get the messages that this PvE game needs to have flavor.  Or maybe they wont and the whiney little *@##$es who like to control everything will continue to mold warframe into a piece of junk where no item has any flavor.

Like damage 2.0.  All this "new options" is BS.  Every gun now has 1 build and that is it.  If gun has 2.3 slash damage (since a higher number would scare the mamary glands on the nerf crowd) and 2.0 impact dmg and 2.0 puncture the build a slash weapon with whatever elemental mixture you want.

When building warframe put #$&(% mods on first to ruin game experience, Flow, Focus, Streamline, Stretch and the Orokoin Vault versions of these stupid mods so you can spam 1-4 and never have to use your gun.  Yay you are a nerf wizard! Then if you want to play a "speed"y character ignore the 3 mods meant to make a fast warframe, those 3 mods are for *@##$es, just pop on Dual Zoren and Douchecopter your way past the pack by exploiting (no whiner nerf outcry here.)  After all is said and done the other 300 mods out there still have no use, but yo never hear about that, just a gun that kill enemies .003 seconds faster.

The nerf spammer really would make next generations best wives.  I wish they would just go find a man to control and stop helping DE sink their game's reputation and popularity.

Stop liking boots and get a serious opinion . I did not have Brakk because X reasons however i dont post thinks 

like this wich hurts the hard work of people that did over 100 missions to unlock this weapon .

Blanced unbalnced could not care less why? Because this is PvE if you argue that this was too op in PvP

DE could simply "ban" it from it . Besides you seek realism in a space ninja game . Not to mention 

drop off is ridiculous because we are in space wich low gravity excists .All you people that make posts 

like this you are  jealous because you did not get it if had get it you would be with the others saying it should not be nerfed

.In reality however i believe it should nerfed but not the places that currently is nerfed . Basicually i would increase the reload

travel time and status effect( not all of them some of them) that i t had and not make it useless as it is now .How i know it is useless

if i  dont own it ? Simple to this weapon it has applied the same thing that killed shotguns from this game drop damage wich is illogical

for the reasons stated above .

Pointless closed minded post that constributs nothing  .