Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

it was abundantly clear that brakk grossly outperformed every other secondary (and many primaries) in the game, if anything, the brakk nerf should have been sooner, but its was probably overlooked since DE were so busy on Alad V and valkyr, and the thousands of other changes/updates that came with u11/damage 2.0. them doing it this late makes it seem kind of random, but they need to be cut a bit of slack. 

do you remember the 170 damage 50% crit chance strun wraith? the strun wraith isnt nearly as strong as it was at release, but is it a bad weapon now? No.

remember the 87% crit chance soma? how about the 67% crit chance one?

remember when weapons didnt ignore armor and where total garbage? at least now its possible to fight a level 50 enemy and do more than 1 damage

and so what those items cost stupid amount of platinum, its not like its not entirely possible to farm the item your self, and rushing costs far less platinum, hell, you can even farm items then trade them for platinum to rush things if you really wanted too. there are even plenty of deals/discounts for platinum that are quite frenquent, and many updates/events that offer wonderful rewards

if DE just keeps making weapons stronger the powercreep would be so bad that soma would probably be midgame by update 11.7

imo the prime/clan weapons should be the best (since they are the hardest to get), and the random event ones should be on par with them, but by no means better

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

How does that relate to the inconsistency in Brakk's design?

you're not supposed to roll trough missions using only your secondary. It should complement your loadout, and be used only in certain situations, in brakk case in close quarters combat. Being a space ninja you will very often end up being very close to enemies so that's when you will strike with brakk, even on corpus or grinner. Your primary should be much more accurate to compensate for the lack of long range damage on brakk.

You are basically saying that all shotguns are meant for infested. And brakk is no different.

Edited by Aure7

you're not supposed to roll trough missions using only your secondary. It should complement your loadout, and be used only in certain situations, in brakk case in close quarters combat. Being a space ninja you will very often end up being very close to enemies so that's when you will strike with brakk, even on corpus or grinner. Your primary should be much more accurate to compensate for the lack of long range damage on brakk.

You are basically saying that all shotguns are meant for infested. And brakk is no different.

Why not? I love to do this with melee sometimes, do you want to prohibit it or what? What you gonna do? And WHY?

i'm not the one making desperate arguments.

What are you talking about? I'm stating another way of how the balancing could have gone and you're not.

Who's making desperate arguments? Are one liners arguments now?

Please come up with contructive sentences. Could the nerf have been different/better? Don't come in here and start using one liners to debate.

Perhaps you thought I was quoting you during the "That's because they each are efficient toward different enemies." post.

In that case, I apologize, because I clicked on the wrong post, and I fixed it afterwards.

Edited by Cosmeo

remember the 87% crit chance soma? how about the 67% crit chance one?

tbf I think Soma's nerf was done in the worst way possible. Soma used to be somewhat unique weapon that could crit extremely reliably. The problem Hive Fleet Nerfherder had with Soma was it's damage. Instead DE decided to hit it's uniqueness when simple crit multiplier nerf to 2x would have sufficed 

It's deserved the nerf.

Come back when you have Brakk and played long enough.

This is a PVE game. You are not winning and breaking anything in PVE game. What DE should do is bring out new their so-called "Tenno Reinforcement" stuffs should be better or on par with previous weapons, not nerfing it to the ground.

This is a glorious day for corpus supporters

Very happy with DE for this intelligent and responsible change 

In fact its not even a nerf, its a balancing - bring the brakk inline with everything else

Another idiot who joined the losing side on purpose thinking he's proving something.  Sucks to be you cause I didn't need to spend a potato on it and it's still a better weapon than your crap.  I even got a free weapon slot that you didn't. 

It needed a nerf. Based off the reaction most brakk owners are having, i would like to see it nerfed again.

People are crying that they cant single handedly kill endless waves of level +60ps with it anymore. A single tear rolls down my cheek.

An idiot who can't do damage on his own and get carried all the time.  Jealous that he sucks at the game.  Guess what?  I can still kill 60+ with ease.  Go cry more.

Wow thanks DE. I was worried that my ability to use the Brakk was making me enjoy this game more than I deserved to. I needed a nerf to my game experience.

what exacly hinders your ability to use brakk now?

DE why don't you give us God mode too while you're at it.

Another idiot who joined the losing side on purpose thinking he's proving something.  Sucks to be you cause I didn't need to spend a potato on it and it's still a better weapon than your crap.  I even got a free weapon slot that you didn't. 

An idiot who can't do damage on his own and get carried all the time.  Jealous that he sucks at the game.  Guess what?  I can still kill 60+ with ease.  Go cry more.

u mad bro?

This is a PVE game. You are not winning and breaking anything in PVE game. What DE should do is bring out new their so-called "Tenno Reinforcement" stuffs should be better or on par with previous weapons, not nerfing it to the ground.

you're killing diversity.

'nuff said

Event weapons are much harder to get than prime/clan

Braton Vandal: bought it for 1 credit during the weekend it was available in the market

Lato Vandal: Got it for being a Close Beta tester

Snipetron Vandal: Got it for killing 20 informers

Strun Wraith: Just had to do 1 survival mission and survive for 20 min. PS: Due to the huge ammount of oxygen drops, it was a walk in the park.

Machete Wraith: 25 mission runs

Brakk: 100 extermination missions. Easy missions, just takes a while.

Ok, Brakk was indeed a drag, not sure why DE thought it was a good idea to make people run 100 missions, but in general the event weapons weren't harder to get.

I played exclusively only with Brakk prior to its "nerf" and it was above any other weapon, in terms of close, mid and long range. Kind of like the old Acrid was.

This just makes you pick a choice between having a close range secondary as Brakk or something else for long range.

No, it doesn't. No weapon should be THE weapon. The Brakk was the Acrid of U11.

Now you have to go to the next in line "op" weapon and play it until they release a better one or nerf the current "op" one, then just repeat the proccess

I fixed it for you

you're killing diversity.

'nuff said

diversity?

I'm sorry, what is diversity? Does this game have it? No, it doesn't. I don't give a damn about how you deal with the demon in your head, but you need to stop preaching that diversity is better. Do you even cycle your weapons every missions when you said diversity? Diversity is just an excuse to push your opinions on others and "nuff said" cause you ain't got nothing to say. 

Now you have to chose again.

Then when we find it, the DE's will nerf it and we have to chose again and so on?

Edited by Valtios

Now you have to chose again.

Yeah but don't you think weapons where you had to do a 100 runs for should be a little bit better than the average?

Some people really had a hard time getting those runs.