Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

All this taught  me is to stop putting Formas into weapons I like and are powerful. Just going to stick with the weapons I have, and just level and keep things for mastery. No insta potatoes either, no point. If everything good is going to get hit by the nerfbat, might as well just get them to 30 and drop them, so I don't get attached to them. Thanks for the lesson DE.

Aren't you supposed to get up close with shotguns anyway?

That's what I've been doing with them all, and thanks to the small cones it creates, they work like a charm.

The Brakk nerf was imminent.

Edited by EganMC

This. Damage falloff at ridiculously short range is quite possibly the most annoying thing in shooters of any description. Just nerf the damage ffs.

Thats what i mean. Nerf it all you want. Nerf the damage, nerf the spread but why choose to break the realistic feel the gun in a slick sci-fi shooter. Its just annoying as fk 1's,1's,1's oh now i see 30's guess i was a meters off. Like wtf?

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

That's what I've been doing with them all, and thanks to the small cones it creates, they work like a charm.

I agree with nerf. I disagree with fall off being a good mechanic, im sorry this is a twitch third person shooter not World of warcraft where arbitrary numbers and and ranges come into play. Its just absurd i cant believe you actually like it. are you a cylon?

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

I Just don't see why this nerf was needed and here's why..

It WASN'T an overused weapon to begin with, I never saw every tom $&*^ and harry using the Brakk on EVERY mission like the Acrid and Soma

The Damage falloff range is ridiculous, even a PAINTBALL gun has the same velocity at 15 or 20 metres for gods sake
If You want to stop it being a 'shotgun sniper' then make the falloff range 50 Metres.

It was a HARD fought for award weapon, and it needed to be formaed multiple times before it was powerful, so we have put ALOT of effort [some of us platinum] into this weapon, MORE EFFORT than any other weapon in the game.

I really dont think its a good idea to nerf a weapon that some of us worked 7 or 8 hours to acquire

NOT a good move DE...  if the turnout for your next event is underwhelming then THIS is gunna be the reason why

"Why bother busting our asses for a weapon that's just gunna be nerfed into the ground anyway?"

This REALLY needs to be rethought DE..   

Its just absurd i cant believe you actually like it. are you a cylon?

Isn't a Cylon a fictional robot?

I don't really know too much about it.

And I'm not saying I like it, nowhere did I say that.

I'm merely saying the conventional methods of using a shotgun make this issue not as prevalent as you so call it.

Glad to see your opinion on my mindset is solid, though.

They are usable at longer ranges with buckshot, and are easily deadly with slugs.

Wait a second. You say you were EXPECTING the nerf and then you say shame on DE for nerfing it because you spent platinum on forma? 

I'm sorry, what?

If you were expecting the nerf (everyone should've expected it sooner or later) and still put forma into it, then it's your own fault.

Why do you refuse to learn, people? Why? /facepalm

I'm speechless. You shame people who think they are entitled to everything and then you threaten DE to not invest in the game in the future if they keep nerfing the stuff you like?

Wow. I don't even...

Might want to read the whole sentence there buddy.

you know what I'm afraid of getting nerfed next? Soma.

They did that already. And then buffed it.

it needed to be formaed multiple times before it was powerful,

lol wut. mine is forma'd exactly once and it's still ridic.

oh, wait, nevermind, i don't have a brakk. i forgot other people said i don't have one. silly me.

Even a PAINTBALL gun maintains its velocity at 20 metres, this falloff distance is ridiculous and is becoming a MAJOR problem, especially for us LONG TERM fans and supporters of this game

Its not like the current maps and tilesets give much opportunity for LONG RANGE shooting anyway

NO FIREARM should have ANY damage falloff under 50 metres PERIOD 

I read somebody wrote "shotguns are close combat weapon in much every game"...yah correct but last time I read the description, BRAKK is a hand cannon....close combat cannon?, oh c'mon gimme a break!!!! Might as well make Brakk as your new OP melee weapon...close combat weapon there you go.

And to those looking forward to DETRON, don't raise your hopes too high tenno...you might be getting a "water gun" in the end. Because you know the trend now in Warframe : Good Item > running for sometime in-game > somebody shouted OP in forum > BOOM!!! hotfix in your face (warning/ notice of what's coming?, nah not even) = NERF.

.....dissappointments keep on coming >.<

Ah, the times when there was no damage fall off on shotguns. All the sniping with Hek. Mmmm, yeah.

And that, kids, is why we got the damage fall off on shotguns. Because Hek.

Did anyone read my post at all? Its called spread. You make a shotgun unable to snipe by increasing the spread of the pellets dramatically.

It WASN'T an overused weapon to begin with, I never saw every tom &#036;&amp;*^ and harry using the Brakk on EVERY mission like the Acrid and Soma

The Damage falloff range is ridiculous, even a PAINTBALL gun has the same velocity at 15 or 20 metres for gods sake

If You want to stop it being a 'shotgun sniper' then make the falloff range 50 Metres.

It was a HARD fought for award weapon, and it needed to be formaed multiple times before it was powerful, so we have put ALOT of effort [some of us platinum] into this weapon, MORE EFFORT than any other weapon in the game.

I really dont think its a good idea to nerf a weapon that some of us worked 7 or 8 hours to acquire

NOT a good move DE...  if the turnout for your next event is underwhelming then THIS is gunna be the reason why

"Why bother busting our asses for a weapon that's just gunna be nerfed into the ground anyway?"

If it's a leaderboard event we at Warbros are going to put our hearts and souls in to the event. To maintain dominance. 

Here's what I think DE achieved with this nerf :

- Made the people who missed getting the Brakk a little bit less angry

- Made the people who forma'd the Brakk SERIOUSLY angry

Now people will think twice, thrice about spending platinum potato'ing or forma'ing their weapons/warframes.

I know I won't be spending any more money on platinum when they can willy nilly make the items I use them on obsolete...

Oh well, I enjoyed the Brakk while it lasted, time to switch to primaries again :)

But real shotguns don't have damage drop off and you can actually shoot quite far with them. 

It WASN'T an overused weapon to begin with, I never saw every tom &#036;&amp;*^ and harry using the Brakk on EVERY mission like the Acrid and Soma

I agree but people have to tell other people what to use.  When they say, "I don't want to be controlled by you, stop taking my crap away."

Response from control freak: "You are entitled!"

When you say, "Why do you care what I use."

Response form control freak: "Variety is the spice of life, you have to adhere to my vision of the game."

When you give up, "Ok."

Control Freak: "Now who am I going to bother on the internet since no one will give me the time of day away from the computer?"

This accomplishes nothing, but giving a little bit of joy to those who love when someone else is bothered.  As a free item, the brakk can be deleted for all i care, but they also do this with items and frames people spent money on.

I hope they shout about Ember Prime next.  Spend $140 on a gear pack and then have the control freak nerf crowd shout until your $140 gear pack is used as a door stop in the clan dojo.

Edited by Nickeltoe

Did anyone read my post at all? Its called spread. You make a shotgun unable to snipe by increasing the spread of the pellets dramatically.

I read it, don't worry. But the thing about Hek is that it's a shotgun with tight pellet spread. That's how Hek rolls. With wide pellet spread, Hek wouldn't be Hek anymore and that'd be weird.

I also don't like the damage fall of, but I got used to it. It could use a few tweaks here and there though.

Thats what i mean. Nerf it all you want. Nerf the damage, nerf the spread but why choose to break the realistic feel the gun in a slick sci-fi shooter. Its just annoying as fk 1's,1's,1's of now i see 30's guess i was a meters off. Like wtf?

Yeah, it's just immersion breaking. The Marshmallow Effect does nothing positive and pisses off practically everyone who plays games other than CoD.

Anyway, it's a shotgun. It's also a pistol, and therefore has a short barrel. Nerf the damage and be done with it. 

But real shotguns don't have damage drop off and you can actually shoot quite far with them.

Comparisons with the real world and a sci-fi game are understandable, but not backed by lore.

Perhaps all future shotguns have awful range for whatever reason, comparisons with real shotguns are illogical in games other than games that focus on realism.