The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Brakk Nerf

Black-Nasty

We knew it was coming and here it is. 

- Brakk change:

Damage slanted towards impact damage.

Little more spread added.

Fall off added (10-20m)

How bad do you think this will affect the gun? Is it usable at decent range with the fall off? The nerf REALLY hurts my setup, as I used it as an aoe ranged weapon, and ran ignis for low/mid range enemies.

I personally don't think that event guns should be nerfed, as the people who were there played and earned the gun. (Especially in this case, because the Brakk was a b*tch to get at 100 missions) This is a Co-op game, and having a high performance gun that was exclusive does not hurt anyone, but rewards those who grinded it out. 

Lets TRY to keep the thread free of the "CHANGE IT BACK" screamers, opinions are welcome but lets not just cry about it. Any new info is great, or feedback to the weapons performance now.

Edited by Black-Nasty

Fall off WAS needed. And maybe this was the only thing needed. Every shotgun has falloff, and Brakk should have it too.

I personally don't think that event guns should be nerfed, as the people who were there played and earned the gun. (Especially in this case, because the Brakk was a b*tch to get at 100 missions)

Why not? I personally don't feel offended if event weapon is nerfed. I worked hard for a several hours to get that gun and I had some fun killing every moving thing with it. We worked hard for only a only several hours, so why should we get a weapon, that will be ridiculously powerful forever? In my opinion all event item should last only for a given amount of time. And DE do not take our battle trophies away, they just make them as powerful as other weapons. We are actually free to keep them as a reminder of our former glory. And for that we should be grateful to DE.

Also, if you wish to own overpowered weapon, take Soma keep your eyes opened for coming events. I'm sure DE will let us take play with crazy killer toy. For some time.

Edited by AlienOvermind

Fall off WAS needed. And maybe this was the only thing needed. Every shotgun has falloff, and Brakk should have it too.

Tell that to the bronco series. Brakk now has a larger spread AND has the added drawback of fall off. There is NO reason to use this at more than point blank now, while the Bronco Prime can still do sniping very effectively. Unless of course, you're fine with letting everyone who had done the event have their effort invalidated. Yes, the Brakk needed a nerf. No, it did not need to be made into something this bad

I haven't even tried it yet... what is upsetting is DE's amazing hability to nerf good weapons that are really expensive (acrid) or hard to win (Brakk) so light hearted, after players pour their time, money, materials and formas into those same weapons months or weeks before they nerf them.

And no i'm not a Brakk kinda of guy, it's the way that the Devs go about these things thats getting to me.

It's necessary for balancing issues!? So they must refrain on the stats of the weapons on release not nerf everysingle good and/or fun weapon they put in the game!

Sorry for the rant but it's my pov at the moment. 

Edited by Bazools

Tell that to the bronco series. Brakk now has a larger spread AND has the added drawback of fall off. There is NO reason to use this at more than point blank now, while the Bronco Prime can still do sniping very effectively. Unless of course, you're fine with letting everyone who had done the event have their effort invalidated. Yes, the Brakk needed a nerf. No, it did not need to be made into something this bad

I agree. The status chance and maybe the dmg needed an adjustment. The falloff, however, made it feel unique, like it REALLY was a "hand-cannon". My effort into the event does feel a little less worth my time now in hindsight, because this weapon is now not worth the time. (I have tested it, for what I used it for it is now bad.)

What playstyle? This weapon does not promote any playstyle of any shape or form. You used this for all factions, all ranges, and all situations without ever a need to switch weapons. They did exactly was what need for a more "unique" sidearm shotgun.

EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS FROM AN EVENT should never ever get a NERF, this is just plain insult to an event type of weapon, THIS is why HATE NERFING STUFF when its NOT needed to be, AND no I don't care if your annoyed by this reply that its OP and it deserves to be NERF, this is a feedback thread so I will choose to be ANNOYING. STOP NERFING THE CRAP OUT STUFF...it not balancing the game at all, ESPECIALLY AN EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS......I DON'T CARE IF ITS A SLIGHT NERF IT'S STILL A NERF.

If thats going to happen in the future then don't give out weapon as an exclusive for events because your going to end up nerfing them....

^Are you 10 years old? Your inability to spell grammar seems so.

are your jimmies rustled ? cause your outbreak of grammer nazi seems so

can you both stop this inmature hissy fight?

on topic, 10-20 meters is fine by me. isn´t that the range of the sobek, the long range shotgun? or maybe im wrong, im not good at counting meters in-game.

Spread increase? That's cool. It's a shotgun. I kind of expect that. Damage type adjustment? Kind of sad. I don't see it being very effective against Grineer without loads of other things anymore now.

Damage falloff?

That's the death knell for the Brakk, to be honest. It's just like literally all of the other shotguns now. Does mostly impact damage, so only really good against Corpus. Has damage falloff, so it's stupid to not use it beyond point blank range. At least before it felt like a kind of unique weapon. Now it's like a Hek with good reload stuck in the secondary slot.

EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS FROM AN EVENT should never ever get a NERF, this is just plain insult to an event type of weapon, THIS is why HATE NERFING STUFF when its NOT needed to be, AND no I don't care if your annoyed by this reply that its OP and it deserves to be NERF, this is a feedback thread so I will choose to be ANNOYING. STOP NERFING THE CRAP OUT STUFF...it not balancing the game at all, ESPECIALLY AN EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS......I DON'T CARE IF ITS A SLIGHT NERF IT'S STILL A NERF.

If thats going to happen in the future then don't give out weapon as an exclusive for events because your going to end up nerfing them....

that is non-sense. why does it being exlusive have to do with it being nerfed or not?

if a weapon is just way too good, then it should be nerfed.

if it´s bad, then it should be buffed. and they didn´t nerf "the crap out of it", it´s still a good weapon.

^ Doesnt know how a shotgun has to work

Well looks like you also dont know how a shotgun should work.

1) It can shoot way further then just 10-20 meters. 40-50 meters would be okay, but watch out...

2) A real shotgun with that range would shoot like 300 pellets at once.

3) If you just would count those pellets for a shotgun ingame (4-12 pellets) it could shoot like 400-600 meters, without a huge damage dropoff.

So there would be only two things that could fix shotguns ingame.

1) Increase the pellet count by alot more. (Negatively affects FPS, because there are like 200 pellets without HC)

2) Decrease that ridiculous dropoff to at least like 100 meters or even remove it (Nothing bad will happen, cause you still have to hit the target oh and... did i mentioned you are in the future in Warframe?) 

Edited by Derethevil