Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So....is The Synapse King Now?

TwoCrabs

Source? Also really? It's literally the only end game weapon we have and takes tons a resources yet is arguably worse then the soma.

Not really, Synaspe is the crit god and with Vital Sense, Point Strike and Hammer Shot along with Magnetic, the thing is very strong against Corpus and Grineer.

I have both, and in my opinion, Soma is very underwhelming when compared with the Synaspe.

lol for ppl blabering dps than soma somehow out dps synapse... Do they even try comparing them in real game?Maxed heavy caliber makes soma a disco pea shooter and its damage output even at close range is not that GREAT. Synapse, on the other hand, can obliterate everything as long as u pull the trigger after awhile ( somehow if you don't hold it the dmg will be really low) and don't really affected by heavy caliber... SEE? Synapse might be worst in paper but in real battle it is the best XD

Edit: Soma highest dps also comes from fire rate mods which make soma goes haywire while synapse dps doesn't come from firerate mod XD

1. The build I'm using in my calculations for the Soma doesn't even include Heavy Caliber and it's still winning.

2. The Soma is more Ammo Efficient

3. The Soma has higher Burst DPS

4. The Soma has higher Sustained DPS

Oh, and putting Heavy Caliber on Synapse doesn't make it go past the damage potential of a Soma without one.  The Soma is just plain better on paper in every way.

And if you want to talk about incomparables, recall that the Soma has infinite range while the Synapse doesn't and that while the Soma has a good deal of recoil, it doesn't fire an incandescent beam of energy that can make it hard to see.  The end result is the same for both weapons: unless you want to waste ammo, you have to stop firing periodically to make sure you're on target.

The only thing you could possibly base your argument on is the Spool time as that is the only way the Synapse truly wins, on paper or off.

Not really, Synaspe is the crit god and with Vital Sense, Point Strike and Hammer Shot along with Magnetic, the thing is very strong against Corpus and Grineer.

I have both, and in my opinion, Soma is very underwhelming when compared with the Synaspe.

The averaged Crit Multipliers from my calculations:

Soma: 430%

Synapse: 320%

Soma is better at crits than the Synapse.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I seriously wonder how mang people here actually field tested the soma vs synapse. Mh friend has both five formaed synapse and soma. With both using corresive and crit buils' the soma greatly dps the synapse while the soma does have a little bit more spread than soma it wins on its large margin of dps. How ever take note . The soma has ibfinite range the synapse doesnt

you guys know the feeling?

its like you're a baby and they gave you a bottle of tasty greedy milk and they took it away from you and left you crying...

Had to fix that. :D

Something that hasn't been mentioned is that the Synapse can go all out with elemental damage, instead of the i/p/s of Soma with elemental on top.

1. The build I'm using in my calculations for the Soma doesn't even include Heavy Caliber and it's still winning.

Oh, and putting Heavy Caliber on Synapse doesn't make it go past the damage potential of a Soma without one.  The Soma is just plain better on paper in every way.

And if you want to talk about incomparables, recall that the Soma has infinite range while the Synapse doesn't and that while the Soma has a good deal of recoil, it doesn't fire an incandescent beam of energy that can make it hard to see.  The end result is the same for both weapons: unless you want to waste ammo, you have to stop firing periodically to make sure you're on target.

The only thing you could possibly base your argument on is the Spool time as that is the only way the Synapse truly wins, on paper or off.

what............calculations..............or did i miss something.....

Cool awesome, so what you saying is Soma is a lot better than Synapse right. Yes lets all talk about how good the Soma is.

Synapse, my precious, seems like you might be safe for now......

^title I rarely use synapse or brakk, so could someone tell me how the brakk after the nerf competes with the synapse

(or other high-tier weapons) now?

is it still number 1?

I heard the nerf only really affected the range, not the dmg that is impact oriented now.

im actually quite curious

-Maine

No and since the red crit "fix" we lost the only good reason to use a Volt...

I 100% agree with Volt_Cruelerz that the Synapse is a lagging quite a bit behind the Soma. Google Docs does not lie.

So basically Synapse needs a buff. It requires a ton more resources and clan research. And has less range.

Buff Synapse please. A flat doubling of dps would be good.

Synapse was fresh out of the foundry today. Took it to Venus exterminate to evaluate. The only thing I can say is I REALLY hope it improves with rank. I was taking over a second to kill most Corpus and this is supposed to be the perfect Corpus weapon? I killed much faster and much higher level mobs with an unranked Soma. The Synapse was just painful. Half a second concentrated fire for a regular moa on the easiest Corpus planet? Unranked Soma, 3 or 4 shots, they are dead.

It's a good job my frame was decent or they'd've cooked me.

Synapse was fresh out of the foundry today. Took it to Venus exterminate to evaluate. The only thing I can say is I REALLY hope it improves with rank. I was taking over a second to kill most Corpus and this is supposed to be the perfect Corpus weapon? I killed much faster and much higher level mobs with an unranked Soma. The Synapse was just painful. Half a second concentrated fire for a regular moa on the easiest Corpus planet? Unranked Soma, 3 or 4 shots, they are dead.

It's a good job my frame was decent or they'd've cooked me.

Pure electric damage is only useful VS unshielded Moa and Drones, electric damage does not have a modifier against shields. I would suggest testing a level 4 Synapse with Cryo Rounds(for +75% against Corpus Shields -and- +50% against robotics) or test level 6 Synapse with either Infested Clip(for +75% against armoured Grineer) to get a better feel of what people see in the weapon.

Edited by Makya

Synapse has been flagged for nerfing.

Actually it seems there was a stealth nerf that has already occurred.

Just got out of a game and my 2 star synapse is doing 13 damage in the tower.  When it crits it does a whopping 28 damage on the heavy gunner.  It used to melt him with this config (which is heavily modded with all the goodies).  I emptied three entire clips into one guy and he is still bouncing around happy as ever.

Hmm -

So ya - just forget about getting any decent medium to high level weapons to make higher level missions enjoyable - because that is clearly not the mentality here.

This game is breaking fast due to the nerf tide.

Actually it seems there was a stealth nerf that has already occurred.

Just got out of a game and my 2 star synapse is doing 13 damage in the tower.  When it crits it does a whopping 28 damage on the heavy gunner.  It used to melt him with this config (which is heavily modded with all the goodies).  I emptied three entire clips into one guy and he is still bouncing around happy as ever.

Hmm -

So ya - just forget about getting any decent medium to high level weapons to make higher level missions enjoyable - because that is clearly not the mentality here.

This game is breaking fast due to the nerf tide.

what are you talking about dude..

The Supra rose up through the ranks though and is now king of the rifles once forma'd.

Sorry, I actually thought you could be right until I read that. 

Supra does great dps if you actually land all those hits.  The levels are not made only of narrow hallways and mass crowds of mobs everywhere.  You'll miss a lot of shots and get hit by the longest reload time.  If you use a mod slot for fast hands, you lost a damage mod.  If you don't, you get hit by 4.2s reload that gets interrupted by annoying auto-rolls.  Like seriously, a 2 ft hop cancels your reload.  This is assuming the windup is not a factor.  It's not a bad weapon, but when you compare it formaed to a good weapon that's formaed, it's still worse.  Paper dps is not the same as in practice.

Supra does great dps if you actually land all those hits.  The levels are not made only of narrow hallways and mass crowds of mobs everywhere.  You'll miss a lot of shots and get hit by the longest reload time.  If you use a mod slot for fast hands, you lost a damage mod.  If you don't, you get hit by 4.2s reload that gets interrupted by annoying auto-rolls.  Like seriously, a 2 ft hop cancels your reload.  This is assuming the windup is not a factor.  It's not a bad weapon, but when you compare it formaed to a good weapon that's formaed, it's still worse.  Paper dps is not the same as in practice.

got to agree, Supra and Gorgon are hardly manageable farther than 10-15m even on stationary targets (not counting running ones)...

and if we compare them to a pinpoint accuracy weapon well... they theoretical higher DPS ends up being on par with Synapse's DPS in a real game situation.

And as he said... Synapse's recharge rate completely owns Supra's/Gorgon's ones

Edited by Phoenix86

true, which is why I usually say "depending on your criteria." The Supra is king of the rifles in DPS (as it should be), but the usability does not necessarily match that.