Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You're Going To Nerf The Brakk You Should Give The Broncos The Same Hit

jrkong

Before it was "acceptable" for Broncos to receive wider spread>damage fall off because when the damage fall off hit nerf landed it affected all weapons under the "shotgun" class and as someone with programming experience it was likely that DE applied the shotgun nerf by making all weapons under the "shotgun" class had fall off damage rather then just being a simple stat change for a single weapon. If this was the case it was logical that the Broncos, which draw off of the pistol class, didn't have falloff damage.

The reason why I'm bringing this up now is because both the Broncos and the Brakk are classified as 'handcannons' by game definition so if they are going to give one handcannon damage fall off they should do the same to the rest. If damage fall off is the way they wanted to change the Brakk they should have made it so that all weapons under the subclass handcannon ran the damage fall off method. 

What DE previously illustrated in my mind:

If weaponclass=shotgun, then apply damage fall off method.

Going by this it wouldn't make sense for them to make Broncos have falloff by doing, if weapon=pistol, then apply damage fall off. So adding more spread was a simpler and  acceptable way to change the Broncos. What I have a problem with is DE doing something along the lines of:

If weapon class=pistol+if weaponname=Brakk then apply damage run off method 

Instead of doing this:

If weaponclass=pistol+ if weaponsubclass=handcannon, then run damage falloff method.

I'm sorry, all I see is: "Consistency wasn't necessary before, but now it is, because my favorite toy got hit by a nerf." 

You know, while you are at it, you should suggest -in the name of consistency of course- for the Brakk to have its spread increased to the level of Broncos and its crit chance lowered. Same for Swraith and Hek, because consistency dictates, that shotguns have low crit chance (because of the number of pellets in a shot) and high spread. That'd be a good start. 

Go for it, tiger.

All weapons should have a falloff damage of about 30 meters.

It would make melee an actual option.

Uh... how would that make melee an option? Your guns would still be effective in melee range. I think it would be more likely to kill melee as an option.

If DE wants to force players to use melee, they should make it so that getting hit by melee attacks causes your gun to jerk and spray bullets all over the place and also gives you a chance to get stunlocked. And then implement a proper block system against melee attacks with the chance to counterattack (and no I don't mean by equipping mods, I mean as an actual part of melee combat). In such a situation, yeah, you better switch to melee when things get up close and personal.

Basically it would be nice to have a melee combat system like Overgrowth: 

(see at around 40 seconds in when they highlight the subtle nuances and variations when blocking different attacks)

The biggest draw for me in Warframe was the chance to parkour and melee. The guns were just a so-so addition and the suit powers are mostly unimaginative and in some cases horrendously bugged. I may just have to turn to Overgrowth for melee + parkour fix when it actually comes out. Also like the way they implemented damage and health based on ragdoll physics. Combat is brutal and unforgiving, based on skill rather than spamming the attack button mindlessly and hoping your attack stat numbers are higher than their defense stat numbers.

*sigh, shakes head*Threads like these are just huge drag. I'm not even gonna state my opinion here. It's best to just hand over "Brakk/Damage Falloff" related issues to Rebecca in question form when she asks for interview questions for the Friday streams just to save people on both extremes of this situation precious seconds of their lives.

All weapons should have a falloff damage of about 30 meters.

It would make melee an actual option.

no, it wouldnt. not unless melee weapons were buffed. nerfing primary damage and not touching anything else wont magically make melee weapons viable all of a sudden

I'm sorry, all I see is: "Consistency wasn't necessary before, but now it is, because my favorite toy got hit by a nerf." 

You know, while you are at it, you should suggest -in the name of consistency of course- for the Brakk to have its spread increased to the level of Broncos and its crit chance lowered. Same for Swraith and Hek, because consistency dictates, that shotguns have low crit chance (because of the number of pellets in a shot) and high spread. That'd be a good start. 

Go for it, tiger.

All I see is someone trying to brush off the underlying problem here with the pretense of "Brakk nerf blah blah blah". Is it wrong to ask DE why they don't apply a subclass for more "unique" weapons in a weapon class? I thought crit rate was a characteristic that was unique to every weapon, it isn't part of what "defines" a weapon. If you''re going to compare them that way then why not bring the crit rate of the Soma and the Grataka down to match the Braton? What makes my argument valid is DE made ALL shotguns have falloff damage, not just old shotguns, not just new ones, ALL. If they were to apply a "class" characteristic to a pistol they should really follow through with their execution and make all weapons that are under that "subclass" have the same characteristic.

Personally this is a flaw that DE has had for a while now but has yet to fix. Take thrown weapons and Glaive mods for example, we constantly encountered the bug where Glaive mods didn't work on the Kestrel and Glaive Prime because they were only hardwired to work if the weapon name=Glaive. The problem being every time a new "thrown" weapon is added they need to manually add the new weapon into the mod code for it to work instead of making it so any melee under the subclass "thrown" or whatever they classify it as will work with the mod. I find it very inefficient and a little illogical but that's just me.

Broncho prime does half the dmg, w/ more than twice the spread... and you're not only comparing them, but calling for nerf?

Just another brakk owner whos bitter his exclusive doomsday gun isnt better than every other secondary combined anymore.

ofc some of us are &!$$ed off, as DE crippled the damned thing to embolist ranges and we busted our asses for over a hundred missions over the course of a week to get it, and instead of DE actually listening to the feedback of the weapon OWNERS, no they listened to people who don't even have the damned thing and therefore wouldnt have to suffer the consequences of ANY CHANGES made.

how anyone can think it is ok to scream for a change when you dont have the weapon is pure insanity, and the fact that De even paid them any heed is even more insane.

if you advocate the changing of weapons you own based on the opinions of those who dont, im sorry, but there are some issues regarding common sense that need to be promptly addressed.

eidt: apparently all anyone has to do to screw people over in this game is get as many people to scream in math on their side. who'da thunk.

Edited by ObviousLee

DE defines weapon categories and they must abide by their own definitions. If shotguns are defined by fall-off and pellets then they must all have fall-off and pellets. The same can be said for assault rifles which must always have a larger magazine. The same can be said for sniper rifles which must have smaller magazines than assault rifles. The same can be said for burst-fire weapons which must all fire in bursts. The same can be said for bolt-weapons which can't be hit-scan. The same can be said for LMGs which must all wind-up.

Its not complicated. Deluding yourselves by conveniently looking at things only in terms of nerfs and buffs is denial. Replying to every rational argument with an incarnation of 'cry moar' is just evasion.

Is it wrong to ask DE why they don't apply a subclass for more "unique" weapons in a weapon class? I thought crit rate was a characteristic that was unique to every weapon, it isn't part of what "defines" a weapon. 

I see, so consistency is fine only in certain aspects. How very interesting.

So crit rate doesn't define a weapon, but damage fall of does. Yes, one stat defines a weapon and the other does not. How convenient that it's the one stat that was introduced to your favorite toy.

If you''re going to compare them that way then why not bring the crit rate of the Soma and the Grataka down to match the Braton? 

Like I said, Hek and Swraith would be a good start. But you shouldn't stop there of course. In the name of consistency you should march onward. Soma and Grakata would be a good next stop. 

But why stop there? Consistency should be brought to every weapon! And then to every frame! Good luck, mate.

What makes my argument valid is DE made ALL shotguns have falloff damage, not just old shotguns, not just new ones, ALL. If they were to apply a "class" characteristic to a pistol they should really follow through with their execution and make all weapons that are under that "subclass" have the same characteristic.

God forbid, if they dealt with every pistol separately, right? No, it's better to throw a blanket over everything, because to hell with everything else when my favorite toy isn't the 'be all, end all' toy anymore.

Broncos don't have damage fall off, because they have ridiculous spread. You are suggesting a nerf to a weapon that actually needs a buff simply out of spite. Are you really that bitter? Are you unable to deal with damage fall off?

You know what I did when my favorite Hek received damage fall off all the way back? I adapted. And kept using it until Swraith came out. You know what I do when I use a weapons (notice I used the term "weapons", not "shotguns", because I don't throw blankets over everything and look at each weapon separately) with damage fall off? I get closer to the enemies. Shocking, I know.

P.S. Just for the record, no, I don't like damage fall off either. I also never asked for Brakk to be nerfed. But I realize there needs to be at least some balance, and to balance the Brakk you either add damage fall off, increase spread like Broncos or nerf the damage

DE decided to make Brakk more like the pistol equivalent to Hek, while Broncos are more like Strun

Edited by Balerion84

DE decided to make Brakk more like the pistol equivalent to Hek, while Broncos are more like Strun

How's the Broncos like the Strun? Last I checked all shotguns have falloff damage, Strun included. Honestly this is a pointless debate as we are just going to be arguing definitions from this point on though I love how you are trying to bring the Brakk back into this when the nerf really has nothing to do with the underlying reason why this thread exists in the first place. If you want to continue thinking that it is because I am bitter over the Brakk nerf then be my guest but it doesn't change my stance in any way. Edited by jrkong

ofc some of us are &!$$ed off, as DE crippled the damned thing to embolist ranges and we busted our asses for over a hundred missions over the course of a week to get it, and instead of DE actually listening to the feedback of the weapon OWNERS, no they listened to people who don't even have the damned thing and therefore wouldnt have to suffer the consequences of ANY CHANGES made.

how anyone can think it is ok to scream for a change when you dont have the weapon is pure insanity, and the fact that De even paid them any heed is even more insane.

if you advocate the changing of weapons you own based on the opinions of those who dont, im sorry, but there are some issues regarding common sense that need to be promptly addressed.

eidt: apparently all anyone has to do to screw people over in this game is get as many people to scream in math on their side. who'da thunk.

lol relax it's a game. I had the Brakk and it was strong, incredibly strong right out the box. I was considering to forma it but then back during damage 1.0, acrid was more than enough to wipe out enemies so I had no use and with 2.0, I switched to embolist but it was strong, it was way up there. Pretty sure there are people who have the weapon and agree with its nerf.

lol relax it's a game. I had the Brakk and it was strong, incredibly strong right out the box. I was considering to forma it but then back during damage 1.0, acrid was more than enough to wipe out enemies so I had no use and with 2.0, I switched to embolist but it was strong, it was way up there. Pretty sure there are people who have the weapon and agree with its nerf.

I have Brakk and I understand that it needed toning down but 10 meters range is (in my opinion) too much of a nerf.