Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfs On Nice Things.

SwerveSwaggie

Does everyone on this thread cry all the time?

Seriously? I've been using my strun wraith and boltor that I've forma'd 3 times each now and they work JUST FINE.

Level 40+ enemies aren't all that bad, strun wraith still one shots most everything.

You just have to mod the weapons according to enemy type......

Wave 15 on OT is a benchmark these days? You are joking right?

For an OP weapon as characterized by the critics - You bet!

You wanna make Apollodorus, Gaia, or even Xini the bench mark? Get real those are early to mid game.

The OPies are screaming that these egregiously over- powered monstrosity weapons have broken the entire game.

And that they are even OP for end game - therefore have no business in the game at all and Nerf Nerf Nerf.

So yes - put those accusations into the proper perspective.

Wave 15 OT for all the OPie screamers.

I repeat - which non- OP weapon do you carry your team with?

For an OP weapon as characterized by the critics - You bet!

You wanna make Apollodorus, Gaia, or even Xini the bench mark? Get real those are early to mid game.

The OPies are screaming that these egregiously over- powered monstrosity weapons have broken the entire game.

And that they are even OP for end game - therefore have no business in the game at all and Nerf Nerf Nerf.

So yes - put those accusations into the proper perspective.

Wave 15 OT for all the OPie screamers.

I repeat - which non- OP weapon do you carry your team with?

Wave 15 on OT is snooze territory. It's a pathetic place to set a benchmark.

If you needed a Brakk just to get you that far, you are doing something horribly wrong.

Edited by JuicyPop

Any weapon I happen to fancy, I don't run a particular loadout for doing something as trivial as tapping out on Wave 15 on Outer Terminus.

So in other words, you've never reached that far, and are making things up trying to be tougher than you really are.  Another one.  Great.  OK, well, anything you say from here on in is going to be disregarded.  Thank you for playing.

So in other words, you've never reached that far, and are making things up trying to be tougher than you really are.  Another one.  Great.  OK, well, anything you say from here on in is going to be disregarded.  Thank you for playing.

Thank you as well. I'm truly saddened  that you are having such difficulty simply because your crutch is gone.

Edited by JuicyPop

Thank you as well. I'm truly saddened  that you are having such difficulty simply because your crutch is gone.

I don't have a Brakk, actually.  I didn't have the patience to play the same mission a hundred times.  I just don't believe that Event trophies that are things like Mods or Weapons should be destroyed because people like using them over other weapons.

But whiners will always win, because they're louder than everyone else.

I hate "OP" blowers, like seriously, why dont they nerf their own sh**. Give them a item, have them control how much they want to nerf it, problem solved. No more whining little OP blowers on the forums, because if they want to nerf somethin, they can go in their inventory, and NERF THEMSELVES. "UHHH weapon too strong, need to get nerfed! please NERF the weapon UHHH" shut up, nobody cares, this is a bloody CO-OP game, see CO meaning Community Owned, and OP meaning Over Poweredweapons! which ='s Community Owned Over Poweredweapons! there. We are frickin space Ninja's i dont give a crap about what these whining little pricks think about my awesome guns, now get off my dam back and let me kill some greedy milk drinkers!

Edited by GhostUnitVII

I forma'd my Strun Wraith JUST before they nerfed it.  And now...  I'm looking at it, and wondering if I should free up a slot for a Hek, which is the superiour shotty.

I Forma'd my Hek 4x BEFORE Strun Wraith came alone. Then I Forma'd Strun Wraith. Now I use both, depending on which enemies I happen to be killing.

Synapse does great damage.  I want to potato it and forma it a few times.  But I know that nerf is coming.  Whatever's up top is getting nailed.  Would I want to waste anything knowing DE caters to whiners? No, I'll just join all the nerf herders and not spend anything. 

Simple observations -

Lots of people are riled  up about what is going on right now - some are getting arrogant while others express their unhappiness with DE in other ways.

In one thread alone, there are over 28 pages of angry posts mainly from people who never post - not from forum-land fan boys and trolls with over 3,000 posts.  There are many angry posts from people who rarely if ever post and that is really significant.

Meanwhile there was never a serious answer from anyone at any level as to what weapons are designed for the new level 60+ Corpus and Grineer that exist out there in normal and nightmare and that offer great in-game rewards such as the ever elusive T3 cap key.

We never got a serious honest answer about whether or not we would ever get weaponry and frames that could deal with the high levels.

Of course excluding gamers from those high level areas mandates that the rewards available there must be purchased as opposed to farmed - hmmm.

Can anyone say Prime Access?

Meanwhile the fanboys blindly (i hope blindly) buy into this subterfuge,maybe because it strokes their pro-gamer macho self image.

But to the original point.

Why is DE consistently deleting weapons that would be useful and are seriously needed for the outer reaches?

I honestly have no idea and am not arrogant enough to even assume.

But based on observations of the Huge negative feedback, it looks like DE has really screwed the pooch on this one and needs to re-assemble.

As regard the OPies and the comment about why don't they nerf their own gear -

Great point!

If you have been in gaming long enough you will recall several old games which had the format of - kill stuff, level up ,get gear, get strong, kill boss , done. 

But once done many people found replay value by using inferior gear, broken gear, cursed gear, no gear - whatever.

If you want a challenge in a PVE game such as this there are many ways to do it without denying all the other players their enjoyment of having decent gear.

This game has many possibilities.  The OPies can make clans, they can use the recruiting channel to create squads with certain weaponry restrictions.

With Dam 2, the OPies can put on gear that is precisely the wrong gear for the faction being fought and have loads of challenge.

There is absolutely no reason to flame others and deny others decent gear just because they don't like that gear for whatever their reasons are.

If they don't like the gear - don't build it - don't equip it.

Meanwhile stop whining about it.

The main discussion is about making this game enjoyable and playable for a spectrum of players - not just a few elitists.

Finally as regards the comment about the synapse.

I just exited a game where my 2 star Synapse was doing 13 damage to heavy gunners. 13.

If i got the crit then it was 28.

I admit i have not used the Synapse in a few days - but i have used it since the last announced nerf.  And it did way way more.

This is a 2 forma'd Synapse properly modded for tower runs and it is doing 13 dam.

I conclude there has already been a stealth nerf of the synapse because given the angry reaction of the community to announced nerfs - DE did not have the balls to tell us honestly.  Sort of like their encrypting the drop tables.

The treatment that the customers are receiving here is going to kill this game.

We have a lot of faith - just like gamers had in blizzard.

But that faith has its limits and this path will ruin the game.

You are right - do not forma or invest in your Synapse - do not invest in anything at this point.

Edited by Asynaptic2

Super amazing god weapon got nerfed? Deal with it and use something else, adapt, I'm pretty sure you don't need to be one shotting everything with a secondary anyway, especially considering basically every primary was inferior to it. The nerf wasn't even that bad.

1. Make god-weapon

2. Earn money from people wanting that weapon and spending Plat to get it faster

3. Nerf it

4. Release another god-weapon

5. Repeat

6. ???

7. PROFIT

THIS!  This is the reason why nerfs happen.  It's the business model.  If it's popular, break it.  Release the new popular.  Profit.  Rinse, Repeat.

Super amazing god weapon got nerfed? Deal with it and use something else, adapt, I'm pretty sure you don't need to be one shotting everything with a secondary anyway, especially considering basically every primary was inferior to it. The nerf wasn't even that bad.

This weapon did not one shot stuff on Pluto - you are dead wrong - so get accurate and deal with reality yourself.

Quit sitting in earth land and whining and adapt to the outer reaches.

We Tenno need good gear to move outward.

New lands need new weapons - you can' handle that? - too bad - maybe Lotus should have a little talk with you about what she needs from her truly dedicated Tenno.

We need serious gear for serious missions in the outer reaches - quit nerfing decent stuff just because some Tenno want to stay at home on earth.

Move on DE.

Edited by Asynaptic2

I never complained about Brakk being overpowered, in fact, I couldn't care less if it wasn't nerfed. What I'm trying to say is, there are other weapons that are good, they want everyone to use a variety of frames and weapons, not having everyone running around with Brakk and Soma.

My post is mainly pointed to those who constantly complain about nerfs when they're basically justified, one weapon shouldn't rule over them all, they all should have their own advantages. Stop complaining about nerfs and move on, DE isn't the only problem.

Edited by Artreus

I never complained about Brakk being overpowered, in fact, I couldn't care less if it wasn't nerfed. What I'm trying to say is, there are other weapons that are good, they want everyone to use a variety of frames and weapons, not having everyone running around with Brakk and Soma.

My post is mainly pointed to those who constantly complain about nerfs when they're basically justified, one weapon shouldn't rule over them all, they all should have their own advantages. Stop complaining about nerfs and move on, DE isn't the only problem.

If that were true, then DE would have buffed the weak weapons long ago.  But, they haven't.  They have done the opposite for months now.  DE has established a pattern:  nerf what is popular, release new popular, wait for people to 8 times forma it, profit, rinse and repeat.

So, basically we aim for all weapons to be 'pretty decent' in mid-game (if we are trying to make them equal, but different).

Well, good luck going on Outer Terminus or T3 Endless Defence with 'decent' gear.

Few weapons should be much better than the rest. Mastery locked, yes, but better. I'm guessing, that that was the original concept of clan tech, but clan tech weapons kinda... Suck. Don't they?

One weapon ruling over all is justified. Because one mission is harder than all.

Balancing... Please. Dual Ichor, which are made via clan tech, are a decent weapon. While Galatine, which you can buy from market is capable of one-hitting everything with its monstrous charge attack.

Dera is a bit 'meh', while Soma, which you can again - buy from market, easily outclasses it.

So now we got weak and super strong weapons on market, while in clan tech we got only 'meh' and 'decent' ones.

Where is this balance that you are talking about?

If you want balance, DE need to overlook all weapons completely.

Weapons from market should be low-mid end. Good versus basic enemies on basic planets, decent versus harder enemies, maybe useful even further, while correctly modded.

Next tier should be clan tech weapons. Mid-high end. Good for killing pretty much everything in Solar System, decent for outer planets with 30-40 level enemies. All of them mastery locked 5-7

And final tier - Primes. Those should get a boost. Really big boost. They are hardest to obtain, so they should be much better than their regular versions. Not just different, and having higher fire rate at the cost of damage, but with higher fire rate and higher damage. Those should be made capable of dealing with lvl 50+ enemies on Endless Defences, or Nightmare.

I know, that some of you don't like the idea of tiering. But it's either this, or having 'meh' and 'decent' weapons.

wait... you really think Synapse does great damage?

at the current stage, both brakk (yes, after nerf) and  Soma with five formas still outshine 5 formaed Synapse by a large margin....

the difference is not even funny.

Synapse does great damage.  I want to potato it and forma it a few times.  But I know that nerf is coming.  Whatever's up top is getting nailed.  Would I want to waste anything knowing DE caters to whiners? No, I'll just join all the nerf herders and not spend anything. 

wait... you really think Synapse does great damage?

at the current stage, both brakk (yes, after nerf) and  Soma with five formas still outshine 5 formaed Synapse by a large margin....

the difference is not even funny.

Your point being???? You want a nerf on the soma then? More balance? Balance for all?  United nation of balance?  Thought you were all about making everything viable? 

And yes synpase does do great damage if you know how to mod continuous weapons.  Did I even say anywhere that I want a synapse because it's better than EVERYTHING ELSE and your almighty soma?  And I shouldn't even use a primary cause a secondary is better?  Does making fun of my weapon choices boost your ego?  Please tell me what are these completely awesome weapons that you use and yet are balanced.

Edited by aa3123

So, basically we aim for all weapons to be 'pretty decent' in mid-game (if we are trying to make them equal, but different).

Well, good luck going on Outer Terminus or T3 Endless Defence with 'decent' gear.

Few weapons should be much better than the rest. Mastery locked, yes, but better. I'm guessing, that that was the original concept of clan tech, but clan tech weapons kinda... Suck. Don't they?

One weapon ruling over all is justified. Because one mission is harder than all.

Balancing... Please. Dual Ichor, which are made via clan tech, are a decent weapon. While Galatine, which you can buy from market is capable of one-hitting everything with its monstrous charge attack.

Dera is a bit 'meh', while Soma, which you can again - buy from market, easily outclasses it.

So now we got weak and super strong weapons on market, while in clan tech we got only 'meh' and 'decent' ones.

Where is this balance that you are talking about?

If you want balance, DE need to overlook all weapons completely.

Weapons from market should be low-mid end. Good versus basic enemies on basic planets, decent versus harder enemies, maybe useful even further, while correctly modded.

Next tier should be clan tech weapons. Mid-high end. Good for killing pretty much everything in Solar System, decent for outer planets with 30-40 level enemies. All of them mastery locked 5-7

And final tier - Primes. Those should get a boost. Really big boost. They are hardest to obtain, so they should be much better than their regular versions. Not just different, and having higher fire rate at the cost of damage, but with higher fire rate and higher damage. Those should be made capable of dealing with lvl 50+ enemies on Endless Defences, or Nightmare.

I know, that some of you don't like the idea of tiering. But it's either this, or having 'meh' and 'decent' weapons.

I think you misinterpreted my post, all weapons shouldn't be entirely equal, but each should have their own benefits and things to make them each viable choices. I'm aware higher mastery weapons should be better, but that has nothing to do with Brakk.

Brakk shouldn't be the ultimate reigning weapon, if there is one, because so few people got them during a one time event.

What if they super buffed Excalibur prime and he started being considered the best?

How would you feel that you'd never be able to obtain the best frame which clearly has a higher superiority to all other frames?

Not fair, right?

Edited by Artreus

How would you feel that you'd never be able to obtain the best frame which clearly has a higher superiority to all other frames?

Not fair, right?

Not fair, because Cal Prime was obtainable only for real money.

Event weapons are different, you can't buy them, you need to play to get them.

I implore you all to look in to Mass Effect 3 Multiplayers weapon balance, Bioware made some silly decisions, mostly closer to the end of their support cycle, but by the time they stopped balance changes they had achieved making a tiered weapon system that had 90% of weapons and classes useful in SOME sort of niche. They didn't rely mainly on DPS to balance weapons, they relied on uniqueness and niches. Even event exclusive weapons didn't completely outclass everything else, they were simply different.

Edited by Deathshroud09

buff low weapons.

keep good weapons.

add more levels or the possibility to play a level again with higher enemies.

(no not the hardcore mode with its random rules)

and if you beat the level a second time : make it possible to play it again with even more higher enemies.

and if you beat that one again .....

So you could have mission leaders with : player ABC was able to beat this mission on difficult level 734 :)