The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Dns Lookup Failed.

ZephyrFlow

Ever since i got this message when starting up warframe, i wasn't able to play like i used to.

What happened to the "Network Improvements"? I'm playing with some of my buddies in SEA, and before the hotfix we were able to play just fine.

sorry to bump this, but now i got this error too. at first, i also cannot open warframe.com just from my computer (my friend computer from the same router can access warframe.com) and i can't login in game. after i delete and make file "hosts" again, now I can access warframe.com and i can login, but i display error "DNS lookup failed".

so... any though? I missed a reactor because of this....

i googled about dns lookup failed, and found some tutorial to fix it. as you can see, now i can access warframe.com, but still get dns lookup failed in-game (and now I cannot see my friend online) EDIT: I found a malware messing in my computer. it's already annihilated.

EDIT: I'm trying to login from my friend computer that in the same router with my computer, and I can login without problem (no dns lookup failed), but still no in my computer. now i'm trying to do celan install.

EDIT!: IT'S FIXED!! Well, not with a real clean install (but clean install should work). i copied my friend installation and replace my former installation. so maybe my installation is corrupted before (because of something).

Edited by agung.up

I'm trying to login again today and guess what.... DNS lookup failed. Again.

now I'm confused. I don't do anything between my last post and this post. and still, the other computer didn't get this error (we are in the same router). any thoughts? i really desperate now....

day 3: i change the port in game setting. it worked for the first time i login, but dns lookup failed again at the next time i run the game.

EDIT: now, i don't do anything, but the problem fixed it self. i really don't know what happen....

Edited by agung.up

• 2 weeks later...

hey, I logged in at my friends home to get my daily reward because I was in another town and guess what. When I came back home I got this error. I just did a clean install, at the first start changed the port settings in the game to 4xxx/4xxx somewhat, logging out, logging in again and changing it back to what its default, logged in and back sucessfully again and the game worked flawlessly since then, like before :)