The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Korra Is The Worst Avatar Ever...

Zachles

Well, I finally got around to watching the rest of season two of Avatar: Legend of Korra. I have to say that I don't think any good can come from leaving the portals into the Spirit World open. One particular Spirit comes to mind.

Koh.png

I think I'll spend some time speculating on how badly she screwed up this time.

The original Avatar had like 20 episodes per book(season) right?

This new one had 12 in the first season/book....And like someone said, it felt rushed.

The antagonist in the first book was finished off so fast, and everything was all happy.

I haven't even finished the first season of the new one though.... so I'm not really qualified to judge, but I did kinda just skipped to the near end-ish of the last episode of the first season.

Disappointed that the problem was fixed for that chapter so fast....

I disagree with you! We will have to wait till season 3.

Going to take forever for it to come out, just like season two did... If it comes out. I recall that Nickelodeon was going to cancel the Avatar series if season two didn't get a good reception.

I still haven't got around to watching any of season 2, but I didn't like season 1 at all.

It felt so...rushed. Too much happened in too little time. 

But, it had a giant mountain to climb to live up to the original, and I don't think it got anywhere near.

I'd like to know what happened to Noatok and Tarrlok. It was left unclear, like how when Jet died in season two of Avatar: The Last Airbender. We were just kind of left with their boat blowing up. But you're right, it was rushed; the first season of Avatar: The Last Airbender had twenty epsiodes, while Korra only had twelve.

The original Avatar had like 20 episodes per book(season) right?

This new one had 12 in the first season/book....And like someone said, it felt rushed.

The antagonist in the first book was finished off so fast, and everything was all happy.

I haven't even finished the first season of the new one though.... so I'm not really qualified to judge, but I did kinda just skipped to the near end-ish of the last episode of the first season.

Disappointed that the problem was fixed for that chapter so fast....

Aang's story was much more satisfying that Korra's. I liked the anti-Bending Revolution that Amon had going on, and it was such a great thing in my opinion. It's a shame that they ended it the way they did, and so soon, too.

I mean, Amon came across to me like a guy you don't want to F*** around with, so the fact that it ended so... not dramatically was just upsetting, to say the least.

I still haven't got around to watching any of season 2, but I didn't like season 1 at all.

It felt so...rushed. Too much happened in too little time. 

But, it had a giant mountain to climb to live up to the original, and I don't think it got anywhere near.

Season two is lots better, what with dat coolio background story and all the cameos.

Less rushed too.

Key word is less.

But I agree with OP, that really pissed me off. Even though the spirits are, in theory, light spirits because they aren't tainted by Vatu, that doesn't mean they aren't immoral/dangerous, like Koh.

Personality wise i prefer Korra to Aang.

Season 1: the industrial age was very interesting to me, how did the technology changed the nations, what place have the benders in this new world.

Plus Amon was voiced by Steve Blum, who doesn't like that guy?

Season 2: it was interesting again, finally we saw the first Avatar and the journey, can't say i agreed with Spirit world opening though, the spirit that has stolen previous Waterbending Avatar wife's face is dangerous. Not to mention others, the jailor or the overpuffed Owl.

In conclusion, Korra has lot more work to do, keeping nations from murdering each other, keep spirits in check.

I'm pretty happy with new Avatar series, they are  different and bring all the juicy parts that were not explained in previous Avatar's story.

Edited by Morgax

Well, I finally got around to watching the rest of season two of Avatar: Legend of Korra. I have to say that I don't think any good can come from leaving the portals into the Spirit World open. One particular Spirit comes to mind.

Koh.png

I think I'll spend some time speculating on how badly she screwed up this time.

Wrong. The Entire Book 2 was full of Crap. Especially the Ending. 

Personality wise i prefer Korra to Aang.

Season 1: the industrial age was very interesting to me, how did the technology changed the nations, what place have the benders in this new world.

Plus Amon was voiced by Steve Blum, who doesn't like that guy?

Season 2: it was interesting again, finally we saw the first Avatar and the journey, can't say i agreed with Spirit world opening though, the spirit that has stolen previous Waterbending Avatar wife's face is dangerous. Not to mention others, the jailor or the overpuffed Owl.

In conclusion, Korra has lot more work to do for her, keeping nations from murdering each other, keep spirits in check.

I'm pretty happy with new Avatar series they are  different and bring all the juicy parts that were not explained in previous Avatar's story.

1. Peace and Post-War leads to Great Changes. The effects on both both World Wars accelerated the awareness of humanity and half a century later. BOOOOM! 

No comment on allowing the Spirits to roam the physical world. I hardly doubt it will bring peace. 

From my perspective, they focused on cheap drama and angst throughout Korra's first season.

Teenage rebellion. Frustration because of a lack of skill. Love life issues. Relationship issues. Betrayal. The list goes on..

Do not get me wrong, it was present in the Last Airbender as well, but they didn't start off their first season with it. They built it up, and gave it some comedic relief throughout the series.

The characters, I am not too fond of either.

Bending system.. where can I begin?

Bloodbending was only available underneath a full moon in the original series. Along comes a clan...erm family.. with the greatest kekkei genkai...I mean natural power to Bloodbend at any time. Seems a little. I don't know, redundant.

Being unable to Metalbend Platinum. Where did this come from, exactly?

When all is said and done, I would prefer the original series, but still hope that Korra gets her chance to really shine.

I shall part this thread with a quote, that reveals my thoughts...

"Its like the sequel to the original movie, that seems better than the original on the opening weekend by box office standards, but really just lets you down and makes you realize it is nowhere near as good as the original when you see that after those opening weekend the box office sales take a dive!"

Being unable to Metalbend Platinum. Where did this come from, exactly?

It's not only platinum but all the noble metals, Toph managed to bend her cage because that metal wasn't top notch quality, it contained lot of impurities she exploited those. Howeever it is bit strange when you think about metals are still fall in category of earth.

When i first watched the series the firebender being able to cast lightning was also pretty strange.

It's not only platinum but all the noble metals, Toph managed to bend her cage because that metal wasn't top notch quality, it contained lot of impurities she exploited those. Howeever it is bit strange when you think about metals are still fall in category of earth.

When i first watched the series the firebender being able to cast lightning was also pretty strange.

Thank you for this. I understand it somewhat better now.

Thumbs up for you~

ku-medium.gif

Korra is the ONLY avatar

In LoK season 2, when Tenzen decided to get lost, a scene appears which says something like: "Stop being an image of your father (Aang)". This subsequently follows to the next scene where Tenzen passes this advice to Korra, which I interpreted as the writers (subtly) signalling to us to not judge Korra with Aang.

Subsequently, all the avatar links were destroyed, which my friend pointed out that it blatantly signals that the writers wants a fresh start.