The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Freezing Whilst Fusing

noveltyhero

Whenever I fuse mods I get a slight 1-2 second freeze of the game. I noticed that this increases as more cores I have.

Example:

I had 800 the freeze was ~0.8 seconds.

Now I have ~1,066 Cores and delay is ~1.5 seconds

I logged into my friends account and tried fusing on his, he has ~50 cores; no delay or freezing.

Clearly from the game itself and not my computer.

I get that bug a lot as well, I hope it gets fixed along with loadouts not saving and such {nudge nudge}

I got an easy workaround for that though if you'd like to try, fuse like 5-10 mods first and let it freeze, then finish the fusing, and then fuse the very same mod again as much as you like, then you won't notice much freezing. I figured this only happens with level 5-10 mods that require a lot of fusing. This seems to fix it for me at least.

I get that bug a lot as well, I hope it gets fixed along with loadouts not saving and such {nudge nudge}

I got an easy workaround for that though if you'd like to try, fuse like 5-10 mods first and let it freeze, then finish the fusing, and then fuse the very same mod again as much as you like, then you won't notice much freezing. I figured this only happens with level 5-10 mods that require a lot of fusing. This seems to fix it for me at least.

Ohh thanks, I'll give it a go. Even so, it must be fixed it is very annoying.

Is it by any chance a mod that you're using in multiple loadouts?

I think this might be caused by the server/game checking if the mod still fits everywhere after every single fusion.

Actually I saw a post about this here and it is not to do with loadouts. This happened today to my newly gotten Vigor. It was only on one loadout the one I was using at the time.

if you have mods on equipment, that drastically exacerbates the problem, and causes a delay upgrading that mod. 

fixing would be nice, upgrading mods is a chore already without delays. 

where's my drag selection so i can just quickly select 300 Cores and press fuse? :<

Edited by taiiat

if you have mods on equipment, that drastically exacerbates the problem, and causes a delay upgrading that mod. 

fixing would be nice, upgrading mods is a chore already without delays. 

where's my drag selection so i can just quickly select 300 Cores and press fuse? :<

If they add that in without fixing the delay first; well bye bye GPU and CPU :P

If they add that in without fixing the delay first; well bye bye GPU and CPU :P

i've monitored the system while fusing, Resource usage doesn't really go up during that delay. it's not really related to horsepower.

Edited by taiiat