Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A New Burst Weapon... Badly

Liverslices

Mass Effect had those, too, and they were amazing.

the Indra wasn't half bad in Mass Effect. because the first round didn't jarr your aim off and trivialize the next couple rounds.

but i'd still take a single well placed shot over spraying a few low power shots.

certainly not against Burst weapons, i just want them to serve a purpose. they don't really seem to currently.

perhaps if Burst weapons had a higher Crit Chance than 22.35% with both Crit Chance mods. and 18.75% with just Point Strike.

that's pretty crap for a weapon type that doesn't shoot all that fast, and is more like a Battle Rifle than an Assault Rifle, so, they need to deal some damage. the two current Burst Rifles might deal 10/10/10 damage, but an Automatic weapon could surpass that simply due to RoF over Burst weapons.

an increase of Crit Chance to 10% sounds like a reasonable deal. especially since the Latron series has moved a bit.

scratch that, i just noticed that the two Burst guns have a Crit Chance of 5% currently(not the 7.5% i thought they still had) :/

that's useless. with 7.5% they already would have trouble keeping up with an Assault Rifle, now, heh.

also, WTB Hind being more than just a direct upgrade over Burston. they have identical stats, but Hind shoots more bullets per burst. if we assume an enemy has 23598267592865923465 HP, more bullets per burst means Hind does more overall damage. why doesn't it have a lower RoF or something? or Burston a higher one.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new burst fire weapon, it could be quite fun. I've certainly gotten some solid use out of the Burston (particularly against Corpus lately, as there hadn't been many good Impact weapons (pre-11.3 resistance shuffle)), and the Hind was good but I just don't like such long bursts. I just think a couple of issues need to be addressed for burst rifles in general, even more so if another one makes the scene:

- Burst fire is MORE accurate than automatic. Please stop making it the other way around. The recoil is manageable, but does not need to be as high as it is. These weapons are already kept in line by delays between bursts. Speaking of which....
- Increasing fire rate increases FIRE RATE. Not just reduces the delay between bursts. I'm still baffled that this hasn't been changed.

I actually like the hind. But I think we need a new semi-automatic rifle. Like one that shoots a magentic dart, (which drags all units within a 4m radius towards it) and the second dart, causes a magentic explosion, that rag dolls them. Make it impact damage/Magentic. Corpus might use it?

Edited by cryotech9020