Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grakata Is Now Op

Armored-raven

>The Grakata Is Now OP

Oops, I forgot that people don't know how to use word "overpowered" nowadays.

NERF THE GRAKATA IT IS TOO GUD KEELING ALL ANENOMIEZ IN MERCURY!!!111!!!!

In all serious though, people throw around "OP" like it has no value anymore. Just because a weapon is VIABLE doesn't make OP.

The Grakata is viable, but not even close to being OP.  I just put my 5th Forma on it last night, and like Ishki88 says, when you step foot in late game this gun really isn't that great.  

And with relation to Hammer shot, is that extra 8% proc chance really worth sacrificing +60% (+1.1x) crit damage from Vital Sense?

grakata is mass production grinner weapon available early, it's not even supposed to be powerful. Why the hell DE was so desperate to make it the king

Huh? Are you saying military organizations intentionally provide weak mass produced weapons to their troops and keep the good ones in reserve until they level up their combat skills?

Mass produced weapons are designed to fulfill a role and be as powerful in that role as possible. The Grakata is no different and is quite effective.

Just came back to say.

Which I know no one will care but.

If they nerf this gun.

I'm done with this game.

Only if they do not release a gun to replace the previous Grak before nerf.

Wait a minute......so why nerf the original gun.

Yeah just typing this to remind myself.

Sabbatine, on 20 Dec 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Huh? Are you saying military organizations intentionally provide weak mass produced weapons to their troops and keep the good ones in reserve until they level up their combat skills?

Mass produced weapons are designed to fulfill a role and be as powerful in that role as possible. The Grakata is no different and is quite effective.

Well, the grineer ones are surely quite useful and powerfull. And probably cheap as S#&$ to produce for them.

Tenno ones are likely to be heavily modded to accept the mod system (you don't think standart grineer stuff comes with capacity to spit out fire and lightning, do you?). After all, I would surely not trust weapons that are sold by your enemy. Hence why we have to assemble each gun instead of just buying and using it.

Erm guys, look at this.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147812-dps-results-of-top-12-automatic-rifles-more/?hl=spreadsheet

I'd say Grakata is MORE than viable now. You could easily push it up past the supra due to it's better accuracy and status proc chance.

So now every newbie that arrives in the forums will be advised to use the Grakata until he uses the Soma/Synapse.

Let's assume Grakata is barely viable, and we buff all other weapons across this viable line, will this really make all weapons viable?

People will just take the top few weapons and consider the rest unviable at a certain level. There will ALWAYS be unviable weapons if DE is keeping to progression in the game. Grakata itself is making other weapons seem unviable. I can't think of any solution, but there should at least be an incentive for players to get more weapons as they level up and not shun more than 50% of the arsenal.

I kinda blame the lack of variety of weapons mechanics, but for now Grakata is pretty good at knocking down hordes of enemies. Coupled with one of the highest DPS, we can consider it OP also taking into consideration its mastery rank/status etc. 

Grakata? really?

Warframe community is officially stupid, Im sorry but I couldnt find a better word

The devs are even more stupid if they listen to this and nerf it

Yeap I am also done with this game if they nerf it.. I never use it but if they nerf grakata then I know for a fact that the devs dont know wtf they are doing

grakata is mass production grinner weapon available early, it's not even supposed to be powerful. Why the hell DE was so desperate to make it the king

they're not desperate to make it king, they are simply making it viable. god damn nerf herder

I find this hilarious The moment a relatively mundane weapon becomes viable there is an outcry over it, because NEWBIES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN. No, as per community decree, you must pay your penance in farming and grind before you are allowed to even grasp at fun. I just crafted a Grakata a few days ago, expecting a mastery rank weapon on my way to Rank 6 for a Penta, and I ended up keeping it. In between the Grakata sounding like a pneumatic chainsaw, being both hilariously high pitched and still vicious, as well as looking like a bullet hose as opposed to a proper gun with a working firing mechanism. I mean seriously, the magazine looks like it just contains a volume of loose bullets which the weapon vacuums up and vommits all over enemies.

So, the Grakata gains personality and unique gameplay (procs as though under pain of death), and it becomes a viable late-game weapon (ALLLLLL THE CC). Community response: It's a mastery rank 0 weapon and therefore should be NERFED FOR ITS HUBRICE. Honestly, the only reason a weapon should be above Mastery Rank 0 is if it requires patience and experience to make useful. Newbies would probably end up getting rid of weapons like the Ogris and the Paris one they realize that these weapons are hard to use. The Grakata and Soma require decent understanding of how mods work to actually use effectively. Honestly the Grakata should be Mastery Rank 2 or 3 because of how it scales with how effective it's modder is, and is a pretty crappy weapon otherwise.

Grakata, never change. I know I'm getting a Penta at Mastery Level 6, but I am keeping my Grakata instead of getting a Soma. Why? Because it's fun.