Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Damage

Suicidal_Bunny

if you mean the first one in red, that's puncture. But yea, slash damage doesn't do much anymore because the only thing it does bonus to is corpus crewmen after their shields are gone, and that isn't much hp to take care of, all of the grineer units are armored.

if you mean the first one in red, that's puncture. But yea, slash damage doesn't do much anymore because the only thing it does bonus to is corpus crewmen after their shields are gone, and that isn't much hp to take care of, all of the grineer units are armored.

I don't get it. Flesh are pretty much canon fodder unless you are noob.  No one is concerned about flesh enemies since they die quickly no matter what spec.

As it stands, Infested are the strong against physical damage since all we get is 25% from impact. While the other factions get 50% accordingly with impact and puncture.

Essential. Slash has been rendered useless past level 20

Edited by Spinner187

Grineer are flesh (not rollers or drones). After armor reductions, slash gets flesh damage bonus against them.

Slash damage also bypasses shields when it procs its bleed. This isn't terribly important right now, but with some more tinkering with the status procs system by DE and the right weapon for it, slash damage will probably end up being very effective against Corpus humanoids.

Imagine if a +x% Increased Status Damage mod comes out, and status chance mods become additive and not multiplicative like everyone wants? Stupidly powerful bleeds that ignore shields.

Edited by Ion_Sig

The best part of this is that most of the melee weapons are still good, because they aren't Slash...  Oh, wait...

Yeah, if you want melee, get a shotgun.  They're better than the melee weapons for point blank combat.  Nevermind the fact that they're totally useless in any other capacity, or that you will DIE if you use them like a gun (excluding a few 'Frames and some specific builds on them).

Aside from that, what's the point of the bleed?  Either you kill what you're aiming at, or it kills you.  The whole bleed thing is great, but it's not so suited to the pace of Warframe.  I love it, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't serve much of a purpose as it is.

For that matter, why does puncture damage not proc punch-through?  If it did, slash might be the better canidate for an armor reduction effect.  Then again, probably not...  Meh.  Maybe an anti-shields effect on slash damage...  I'll keep this one on the back burner to see if I come up with a brilliant solution that everybody can ignore and forget, LOL.

Edited by Cytobel

they are not neutral buddy check the codex. all infested got " - " next to slash damage indicator

I have "buddy" and there is no resistance or vulnerability to slash. Why don't YOU check the codex. Then head to the Damage 2.0 page on the wikia and look at the images next to the damage types and educate yourself.

Edited by AXCrusnik