Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Ammo Capacity

Brimir

I have to agree.  540 rounds is ridiculous, same goes with all other launchers.  They should be on par with Sniper ammunition, IMO.  

Scant ammunition forces one to use the weapon more "tactically."  As cheesy as it sounds, it's true. 

Let's use the analogy of alcohol.  The more you use it, the more you eventually need to achieve the same level of inebriation.   It's because your brain instead of processing the new experience turns it into a "chore." Limiting the usage and forcing one to utilize the weapon in specific situations allows a player to achieve greater satisfaction because it's more limited in the first place and keeps the experience fresh.  

Let's face it, if it was at a hundred rounds in the ammo capacity I'm sure most of you wouldn't notice a difference.  

Did anyone of you ever use it? If so, you would know how pointless it is to talk about a restriction even when changing it to sniper ammo.

You act as if it would solve something. It goes in the right direction but changes nothing at all but some cosmetic numbers.

It's not like there should be no change but don't act as if 70 sniper ammo would make you "use it more tactically", when even half of that would be sufficient in most cases.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Did anyone of you ever use it? If so, you would know how pointless it is to talk about a restriction even when changing it to sniper ammo.

You act as if it would solve something. It goes in the right direction but changes nothing at all but some cosmetic numbers.

It's not like there should be no change but don't act as if 70 sniper ammo would make you "use it more tactically", when even half of that would be sufficient in most cases.

I used it.

This issue shouldn't even be that important.

It's one thing to never run out, it's another to think about not running out.

Haha, then I agree. Let's change it to sniper ammo.

For me there would literally change nothing if I use it with sniper ammo so why not grant people the wish if it makes them happy.

As long as I have at least 20-40, I'm happy.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

I actually quite enjoyed this thread. My favorite part was the chess challenge and all things following in that regard. I must say though I do feel completely S#&$ty trying to compete with someone who has penta with my vectis. 

While I think the sniper ammo pool and a decreased ammo cap would be nice I feel as if it would need to have something low like 20-40 to be brought in line with its power. But at least something is a start and I am an avid fan of slower paced balancing as not to over nerf but I agree the way the weapons are right now is way far out of line.

I have to use a mod slot to make my vectis not run out of ammo super quick where as penta/ogris get an extra slot because its logical to be able to carry more grenades/rockets than sniper/bow ammo.

Edited by Rehero

I actually quite enjoyed this thread. My favorite part was the chess challenge and all things following in that regard. I must say though I do feel completely S#&$ty trying to compete with someone who has penta with my vectis. 

While I think the sniper ammo pool and a decreased ammo cap would be nice I feel as if it would need to have something low like 20-40 to be brought in line with its power. But at least something is a start and I am an avid fan of slower paced balancing as not to over nerf but I agree the way the weapons are right now is way far out of line.

I have to use a mod slot to make my vectis not run out of ammo super quick where as penta/ogris get an extra slot because its logical to be able to carry more grenades/rockets than sniper/bow ammo.

You run out of ammo with the Vectis?

Granted with mine I'm taking out lines of smaller units like I'm playing a gory, blood soaked bejeweled, but seriously, Shred on this thing is fantastic, you pump out noticeably more shots, while using less of them if you line them up properly. With the Vectis's case when using 'Punch Through' less, turns out to do far more. 

Logic here is if I'm hitting several enemies with one shot as apposed to using shot after shot per enemy, I go through way less ammo, to the point that I only need one thing of pink ammo off the ground every ten minutes or so. 

You run out of ammo with the Vectis?

Granted with mine I'm taking out lines of smaller units like I'm playing a gory, blood soaked bejeweled, but seriously, Shred on this thing is fantastic, you pump out noticeably more shots, while using less of them if you line them up properly. With the Vectis's case when using 'Punch Through' less, turns out to do far more. 

Logic here is if I'm hitting several enemies with one shot as apposed to using shot after shot per enemy, I go through way less ammo, to the point that I only need one thing of pink ammo off the ground every ten minutes or so. 

How are you managing to line them in a manner to make it matter? I can't seem to figure out a viable way to make this happen unless you play vauban and if you throw that into the mix penta should still come out ahead shouldn't it?

Of course I am not, I am clearly in favor of a nerf.

I prefer it to find a middle-ground. An AoE weapon should not carry as many grenades/rockets as an LMG can carry bullets. It is obviously very imbalanced.

I agree. I was surprised at the high ammo count of both Ogris when it came out and Penta.

These "launcher" style weapons need their own class. Can still use rifle mods and such, but they need different ammo capacities - something between sniper and rifle - somewhere close to shotgun, though maybe a little less.

sniper ammo is low enough to make me care about ammo levels. Heck, even Shotgun ammo is.

This is of course all done at a psychological level, I never really run out (I only ran out of rifle ammo and pistol ammo), but seeing that I have less than 100 shots does force me to use it more carefully.

Ogris (I don't have Penta but I think it's a fair comparison) has such a ridiculous amount of ammo that I find myself shoot off missiles without targets than press R to reload the clip.

Leave my Torid alone out of these changes and I be fine.

Does Torid benefit from obnoxiously large ammo capacity? I think it needs some serious buffs to be viable at all, but apart from that it won't be touched by being switched to Sniper ammo.

On survival maps I rarely drop below even 530. I don't know what other people do, but somehow I think this proposed nerf is just based on principle alone.

It has to have less ammo just for the message, just for the psychologic effect,... just for great justice.

So let's switch to sniper ammo, even if... heck, I say yes, let's do it. If that's all the nerfers want, then I'm ok with it.

Change it to sniper ammo. Count me in.

(ammo 2.0 would be better though, but who am I to complain if I'd still have more than twice than I need?)

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment, in my opinion, there are two weapons which incorrectly mapped ammunition - Mitter and Penta. Penta - really has over big, not ending in practice (the long flight time, remote blasting, 5 grenades stack, etc.),   the size of ammunition. Why not tell about Mitter - weapon has clip size - 20, which is only 1/3 of the total ammunition - it is VERY small. Also as said above - Mitter ammo cartridges - the rarest - this is some meaninglessness, given that its fire-rate of average assault rifle.

I hope to fix these flaws DE ..

Edited by PaiNt666

At the moment, in my opinion, there are two weapons which incorrectly mapped ammunition - Mitter and Penta. Penta - really has over big, not ending in practice (the long flight time, remote blasting, 5 grenades stack, etc.),   the size of ammunition. Why not tell about Mitter - weapon has clip size - 20, which is only 1/3 of the total ammunition - it is VERY small. Also as said above - Mitter ammo cartridges - the rarest - this is some meaninglessness, given that its fire-rate of average assault rifle.

I hope to fix these flaws DE ..

Personally I think all of the "launcher" class weapons (ogris penta torid miter) have ammo problems, but hopefully DE will actually do something about it instead of just waiting for people to stop complaining about it *cough cough* ogris *cough cough*

Edited by NuLycan

Of course I am not, I am clearly in favor of a nerf.

I prefer it to find a middle-ground. An AoE weapon should not carry as many grenades/rockets as an LMG can carry bullets. It is obviously very imbalanced.

As much as I'd like to find a middle ground like you, I'm afraid this doesn't apply to DE. For them, its either "too good/too bad or too much/too little".

And we really need to take a look at Kunais as well. I mean, look at the holster. Its obviously only able to carry around eg. 20+ ammo. But that holster on your hip can carry as many as 210. I find that illogical as well.

And why are Kunais dealing more puncture damage than say a gun like Vastos? I mean Kunais are like knives, they're the ones that should be dealing slash damage whereas Vastos is more logical for puncture, since its bullets.

TL;DR Anyways, if you are looking for a "logical" ammo capacity, there are many other weapons that also needs to be looked at. You can't just compare it with some of them.

I never said we should take a look at holster size or anything like that. I don't care if the holster only looks like it can carry 20, 210 is a good number for in-game balance. After all, most weapons don't have any holsters or ammo pouches whatsoever - should the Vasto only have as much ammo as it has chambers to fit bullets?

No, that's silly.

I dont think you guys understand that the ammo is just temporary because of a flaw in the process of adding new weapon types

just like why arrow mutation exists because sniper ammo mutation litteraly could not work at all with bows when they where working on them because of a the same flaw in the code

new grip types are just buggy why fix it now and break thos weapons or opt to fix it later oncea proper workaround that wont force them to cut quality be found

they cant classify them as snipers as then primed and charged chamber mods would work on them or bows because then thunderbolt would work on them aswell we already have infinet ammo from gear and mods this rifle ammo thing can stay because who cares about pvp this isnt a competition this is F*** we better protect the human collonies from the 3 factions that want to murder and/or eat everyone

JUST A CODEING THING why cant people stop talking about it