Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Damage. What's The Point.

Spinner187

Going to repost something that was in Weapons forums.

I don't get it. Flesh are pretty much canon fodder unless you are noob.  No one is concerned about flesh enemies since they die quickly no matter what spec.

As it stands, Infested are the strong against physical damage since all we get is 25% from impact. While the other factions get 50% accordingly with impact and puncture.

Essential. Slash has been rendered useless past level 20

Going to repost something that was in Weapons forums.

I don't get it. Flesh are pretty much canon fodder unless you are noob.  No one is concerned about flesh enemies since they die quickly no matter what spec.

As it stands, Infested are the strong against physical damage since all we get is 25% from impact. While the other factions get 50% accordingly with impact and puncture.

Essential. Slash has been rendered useless past level 20

Damage 2.0 just killed melee.

I still miss my Dual Ether.

Even dual kama is twice better then it now.

While me and my Boar Prime are quite enjoying the Impact bonus to infested, I agree that slash needs to return as the anti-infested damage, while impact remains neutral (neither a positive or negative multiplier). Slash's niche is WAAAYY too small right now, being restricted to (essentially) half a health bar on half a faction.

Exactly.

Lets take the 3 bow physical type for example.

Cernos for 50% shield and 25% infested

Paris for 50% armor

Dread for what? 50% Flesh? Give me a break! I can breath hard on flesh and they die.

Why have the infested become the most resistant to physical damage?

Edited by Spinner187

Agreed. No matter what I use, I cant do relevant damage with melee weapons. Even with a perfect setup with the relevant mods for the faction Im going up against..

"Killed melee"? You're kidding, right? In the old system, there were only a tiny little handful of non-Charge-built weapons that were even usable past mid-level due to horrible armor scaling. Damage 2.0 helped this immensely.

Just because Dual Kama is better than your once-favourite weapon doesn't mean that Damage 2.0 killed melee.

Glaive got destroyed. 75 charge damage is nothing vs the old 175 charge damage. Needs an unnerf.

This. The only thing that it has over the Kestrel right now is the range... Kestrel is pretty much a direct upgrade in every other way. Plus, it isn't glitched (maxed Whirlwind aside), so the projectile won't reset its flight distance every time it hits a surface.

According to the wiki 37% of weapons damage is bleed out for 5 seconds.. But that only if it procs.  It also states it works on Robotic, but I think that must be a mistake since robots don't have cardiovascular system

If you prick them, do they not .. leak?

Hydraulic or Lubricant system leakage.

Looks an awful lot like blood to me. (And besides, if that's what was leaking, then wouldn't it just impair their movement rather than slowly rendering them incapable of functioning altogether?)

Edited by SortaRandom

"Killed melee"? You're kidding, right? In the old system, there were only a tiny little handful of non-Charge-built weapons that were even usable past mid-level due to horrible armor scaling. Damage 2.0 helped this immensely.

Just because Dual Kama is better than your once-favourite weapon doesn't mean that Damage 2.0 killed melee.

I commented how bad the melee system is before D2.0, like 7 months ago.

Talking about dual ether, it does 30 damage, unlike other that does up to 60;

It's attack speed is 1.3, unlike fang, god know how fast they really are;

It charged attack is 100, unlike Dual heat, 150, Gram/scindo/fragor 200, and Galatine 400.

It advantage was ignore armor, does full 30 damage, and staggers ancient on hits; it was the jack of all trade.

Now, to you point, about melee not been dead.

A fully modded Soma take out a level 50 heavy grineer in 3-5 seconds, I will see you do it with my beloved dual ether.

Post a video link when you are done.

It advantage was ignore armor, does full 30 damage, and staggers ancient on hits; it was the jack of all trade.

I agree with this... The old armor ignore weapons kinda need a buff. Their Stats are kinda bad now making the weapons pointless since they ignore nothing

Looks an awful lot like blood to me. (And besides, if that's what was leaking, then wouldn't it just impair their movement rather than slowly rendering them incapable of functioning altogether?)

So not being able to move isn't considered being unable to function? For a mobile weapon that sounds awfully like not being able to perform your function. Consider that a gun needs to be aimed ergo moved.