The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Djinn Really Worth It?

(PSN)Ur_HeartBeat

Question

Hey guys, how's it going? I wanted an opinion on the Djinn, from anyone who's used it for a while, and compared it to other sentinels.

I was contemplating a list of goals for myself earlier today, with things like which bosses to camp, what frames I'd like to collect, what weapons I'd eventually aim towards acquiring, etc. 

I was thinking I'd go for the Djinn, I really like how it can't be bought, and can only be unlocked from the clan biology lab. Currently my clan (Destroy All Monsters) has it's dojo nearly maxed, the only thing we have left to unlock is the Djinn, and upgrade to moon status, which we'll be doing as soon as the Djinn research is complete. 

Anyway, I did some research on the Warframe Wiki in terms of what resources I'd need to build everything on my list, and the materials required for the Djinn was astonishing. 

I'd like an opinion/review on Djinn from players who have proper experience with it, and if possible, provide a list of the pros and cons it possesses.

Right now the sentinel I use, and find the most useful, is Wyrm. The group stun, I find, is really useful when I run into a tough situation. I don't mind the grind of farming a ton of resources, though. It's just, I don't want to gather all of it, create ( or should I say, conjure? =p ) a Djinn, and end up thinking it was a complete waste of time, effort, and materials. 

Thank You for taking the time to read this!

Cheers!

:)

By far the longest attack range makes it the best combat Sentinel against Grineer and Corpus without question. Sentinel weapons can be somewhat inaccurate though so it might not matter in the long run, but it's still the best.

Edit: emphasized the combat part.

Edited by BadAimbot

By far the longest attack range makes it the best combat Sentinel against Grineer and Corpus without question. Sentinel weapons can be somewhat inaccurate though so it might not matter in the long run, but it's still the best.

Edit: emphasized the combat part.

The Acrid Jr. is worth it.

The Sentinel itself, not so much.

I see, thanks! I really like Wyrm's crowd dispersion, what do you guys think about replacing Wyrm's laser gun with the stinger? I guess I could put Djinn on the bottom of my list, that way I'd still have a long term goal to work towards in the game. I wasn't aware the stinger is a long range weapon, it seems cliché since one of Djinn's default abilities is to lure enemies in closer. 0.0

Djinn with a modded dethcube rifle is vety efficient at killing stuff with high accuracy and range.

Carrier is much better for farming and not having to worry about ammo however.

I tend to flit between djinn and carrier depending on wether I want to kill lots of things or collect all the mods.

I see, thanks! I really like Wyrm's crowd dispersion, what do you guys think about replacing Wyrm's laser gun with the stinger? I guess I could put Djinn on the bottom of my list, that way I'd still have a long term goal to work towards in the game. I wasn't aware the stinger is a long range weapon, it seems cliché since one of Djinn's default abilities is to lure enemies in closer. 0.0

None of the Sentinel weapons are good at long range; the Sentinels themselves have different attack ranges, Djinn having the longest by a fair amount. Carrier has a very low range but is very useful at sucking, and I use him most of the time. If I'm doing difficult content though I switch to Djinn (unless it's Infested).