Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For The Furis And Afuris

Aspari

500px-Furis.png

So, let's take a look at the Furis. I'd like to make a point that it's the only Tenno Machine Pistol in the game. It's also the weakest gun in the game compared to other starter guns like the Lato and the Lex. And honestly, I don't like that. Being that it's the only Tenno Machine Pistol it really should have more power so that it doesn't automatically lose out to the Viper or the Cesta. 

Buffs:

Increase damage from 15 physical to 40 physical.

Increase Status Proc from 1.0% to 10%.

Compensation: Increase Mastery Rank from 0 to 2.

Other idea:

So, I tend to actually like the Furis over the AFuris because going dual wield with a gun with crappy ammo economy is always a bad idea. So while I was using the Furis, I came to wonder about something...

What's the point of the foregrip on the Furis if it's never used? For the longest time I thought that was the magazine for the Furis but it turns out that the animation for reloading suggests that it's a foregrip. 

Have the Tenno use the foregrip. And if the reload animation is changed later on, allow for the magazine to be used as the foregrip while firing the weapon.

Example:

600px-RE4adaTMP2.jpg

Ummm...that's definitely not a foregrip: that's the gun's magazine.

Also, the Furis / Afuris is designed to be a Grineer shredder, hence the high Puncture damage and low Impact and Slash damage. Afuris has fairly nasty midrange scatter, so it's better suited against incoming Grineer mobs. Throw Convulsion and Deep Freeze on there and you can deal with Corpus shields with Magnetic damage.

Pathogen Rounds can make the Furis / Afuris decent against Infested as well.

The furis/Afuris are meant to be steady and fast damage with low ammo economy to compensate. Its advantage over the viper is a bigger clip=steadier dps. Viper has a low clip but shoots faster with a little more damage = high burst dps 
And it actually has gone up from 14 to 15 damage now if I recall its old stats right, a big difference for a gun of its low damage level.
I'd recommend a crit chance boost up to 7.5 or 10 percent for it.

Edited by LukeAura