Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Almost Tpk By Nero Stunball Seekers With New Players

Brasten

I was just in a game leveling new frame with a bunch of new players in Mercury and almost eveyone was stunned by those... *rage* little blue stun balls. If I wasn't with them they would have wiped because they didn't know to kill the Skeeker spawing them.

What way to bring new players into the fold, by stunlocking them all to death. That's "good design" right there. D:

DE, don't do anything like these again.

*edit* Oh, and during most of this debacle they were getting hit by 2 to 3 stunballs.

Edited by Brasten

I didn't know how to kill the stun balls, but if you are talking about killing the Seeker, that's pretty obvious. If a new player encounters a new enemy and can't deal with them, they should fail until they realize what they need to do. Seekers are not that difficult, however, they do have an infinite stun bug.

I would like to point out that if you're new you have no idea whats going on or how to fix it with the seeker balls.

All the info you are told is " <blah> is being electrocuted. help them". When i first started playing we were completely screwed until a more experienced player joined and told us how to get them off. With just that message you think you just have to run up and press a button to help your teammate like the revive system or something. It's not intuitive that you have to shoot them off.

I had completely forgotten about that until I read this, but there definetely needs to be a better prompt for the benefit of new players.

Maybe it could also be added to the loading screen tips or something.

Edited by Akularael

so, there are these two other threads about seekers. they got locked. becuase it turned into flame wars. best not to continue the trend.

DE has seen the hate for the nervo's and i suspct that with UD7 there with either by great ways to deal with them, or they will go away.

There needs to be info on those little ball's-o-hate, but for now, people will learn (clearly, they have) and live.

would be cool if a little thread about seekers and threads on them could get made, locked, and pinned to the top of this topic.....

The stun balls can be really annoying, mostly because you often have to find the Seeker who's shooting them to prevent more from coming.

They could really use some tweaking, especially concerning visibility and introduction.

Also, there's already 2 other threads on this topic which both had quite a heated discussion (read: a flame war) because people's opinions on the Seeker's balls were quite different.

Also As a volt player when I get incapacitated by nervos I feel a sense of irony.

On a serious note: Mechanics that render a player completely helpless really detract from the value of gameplay immensely. I'm surprised this idea got approved esecially for the duration it lasts. If you enable a random drop-in option for online game play you should always anticipate the other 3 players wont care. I am a team player and it really sucks when you drop into a game and your other 3 team mates keep sprinting. I can't even count how many times I have died from apathetic pugs to this.

The main issue with stunlock homing nervo crap is If your team mates don't want to participate it punishes you. Punishing the victim is silly.

On a related note about the shock bomb; even when im there I cant get it off. Seriously, give me an "press X to disarm" option. I mean i can teleport a prisoner into the palm of my hand but i cant even disable an electric dingleberry?