Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston Weapon...

Bluewolff

Aye, but the Tenno supposedly froze themselves after the collapse of the Orokin empire. The Grineer and Corpus both emerged from that event. Yet they awake with a Mk1 Braton, Lato and a Skana at their side.

So unless the Lotus goes around putting a fresh Braton in the hands of every sleeping Tenno like some sort of Santa...

There is no way of knowing if we awake with the weapons or not. Lotus couldve given us one of each after we awoke. I mean just before training session tutorial.

First Burston is not Orokin or Tenno based, it's either ancient Grineer technology or is a weapon created by one of the neutral factions the Devs repeatly fail to make more notable in the actual game (we only have Steve's word for them to exist at all). Same goes for the Lex.

No Prime version possbile.

Of course that's because they are from the oldest builds (Burston and Lato are the oldest weapon concepts in the entire game, going back to the Dark Sector concept trailer) of the game.

Uhh....but lato actually does have a prime, meaning that it is orokin-based weapon. So why is the case different with burston?? Also, not being tenno doesnt mean its not originally orokin so even if burston was manufactured by the neutral faction, it could be orokin based.

Uhh....but lato actually does have a prime, meaning that it is orokin-based weapon. So why is the case different with burston?? Also, not being tenno doesnt mean its not originally orokin so even if burston was manufactured by the neutral faction, it could be orokin based.

Lato is a Tenno weapon though... Look at the markings on it. It's fairly obvious. Burston in contrast was used by Grineer in the old trailer while dual Latos were used by Hayden Tenno.

I didn't said the Lato isn't a Tenno weapon. It totaly IS. I said it's one of the oldest designs together with the Burston and that the Burston and the Lex (the M1911 with two barrels) are not fitting into any design aesthetic established by the rest of the game. Sorry for confusing you there.

Funny thing, the Lato original had a much more flintlock pistol like design resembling the Bolto, until they decided to re-use the old Dark Sector pistol for it. It's image is currently used as place holder for the Scanner and can be seen in the weapon concept art gallery ingame.

However the Burston and the Lex are simply too industrial (near future) looking to be of Orokin origin. They have clearly exposed primitive mechanical parts (Burston is one of the few weapons with ejection port and lever for manualy reloading the chamber).

In Contrast the Braton is lacking those old fashioned mechanical elements and looks a lot more alien in it's working. Therefor being a candidate for getting Prime treatment (it's still of a stretch if you ask me).

Besides what's with everyone wanting weapons and warframes to be "prime" there are other names and designs you could give to "improved" weapons.

-snip-

Besides what's with everyone wanting weapons and warframes to be "prime" there are other names and designs you could give to "improved" weapons.

Ah, okay. I understand your point now. A very detailed analysis, i must say.

Oh btw the reason I want prime weapons isnt neccesarily because of the stats, its more about looks(orokin stuff does look nice...maybe except reaper prime) and because lorewise its the antique prototype xD Vandals and wraiths are usually above 90% reskins with different stats. Although i like all uniques xD

Ah, okay. I understand your point now. A very detailed analysis, i must say.

Oh btw the reason I want prime weapons isnt neccesarily because of the stats, its more about looks(orokin stuff does look nice...maybe except reaper prime) and because lorewise its the antique prototype xD Vandals and wraiths are usually above 90% reskins with different stats. Although i like all uniques xD

Well i can understand that, it's the "Bling Bling" weapon effect mixed with the "weapon from more a civilized era" look.

However personaly i think it would bite a bit with the Burston, it would benefit more from getting Tenno, Grineer or Corpus style modifications.

But good point.

Pretty sure DE will prime whatever the hell they feel can pass as a prime weapon.  Lore has a place, but when we're arguing like this, it's too shaky to use as a justification for why the burston should or shouldn't have a prime variant.  Plus, I'd prefer a spiffified looking "upgrade" version to an nigh effortless re-texture, like the vandals and wraiths are.

Further, the Hind is just better, and is clearly Grineer.  Having a wraith burston would be horrifically redundant in that regard.

there are 2 things i would love for Burston:

1) a Burston Prime!

2) Burston need 3 different fire modes, Single, burst and full auto.

would really love that, like a real weapon

1) Fine, just fix the Void loot dilution first

2) No, because no.

More specifically

A. Then every other primary and possibly secondary would have to have different fire modes which represents a significant amount of time that must be spent by DE when they should be using that time to fix existing problems

B. Select fire on a burston would be emulating existing weapons; single fire burston would exist as a gimped latron, a burst fire burston would be, well, a burston, and a full auto burston would exist as a braton